Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#216954 by Tay Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:18 pm
Hi there, I am a 22 year old guy from the UK. I was recently using Kik to indulge in what I thought was roleplay with a girl. She said she was 15 but looked far older in her pictures. She said she liked older guys and wanted to have some cyber sex. I assumed it was only roleplay as she knew my age and knew I would hardly be considered the quintessential 'older guy' fantasy. Also my profile picture is a headshot of me, and I look quite young for my age. So anyway, role play. She asked if I would like her to send some pictures to my email and (stupidly I now realise) I said yes. She then sent me a 'live picture' (a live picture indicates one sent direct from the phone's camera as opposed to one selected from the gallery) of her in her underwear. She asked to send one back so I did. Then a long message popped up saying she was actually from a paedophile prevention agency and that she would report me to the police (she even knew my real name, I'm assuming from the email address I gave her) if I didn't reply in 30 seconds to "sort something out". My heart dropped. I immediately explained that it had been a massive misunderstanding and that I thought this was simply role-play. She told me to tell her why I shouldn't be reported. I explained that I'm a normal, young, university student, that I in no way was any of the things she claims and that it had all been a huge misunderstanding. I understood the whole thing to be a fantasy-scenario on her part and went along (horny is as horny does...). She then proceeded to tell me that she was willing to let me off, IF I paid a bribe to her company as they were a very small one and needed funding. Immediately I smelled a rat. No way would a proper company act like that, especially with such serious subject matter. I asked if I could possibly have the name of her organisation. She told me they are anonymous "so no!". I am pretty sure this is a scam but with the gravity of the situation I need it confirmed. Please. This is potentially life ruining and I am extremely nervous and worried. Like I said I am a normal, young guy, but something like this could tar me with the brush of a monster, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Advertisement

#216955 by Bryon Williams Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:31 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Tay,

Blackmail scams are on the rise. No real agency would ask for a bribe. Print out your emails and keep them

Please stop all communication with her. Do not reply to any emails. Eventually she will go away.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#216957 by Tay Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:37 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:Welcome to Scamwarners Tay,

Blackmail scams are on the rise. No real agency would ask for a bribe. Print out your emails and keep them

Please stop all communication with her. Do not reply to any emails. Eventually she will go away.

Thank you so much, Byron.
I thought as much but wanted to be on the safe side. One further question if you don't mind. How do you suppose they know my real, full name? I'm assuming it's from the email address I gave them, but is it such an easy thing to get that info from just the address? I had no email conversations with her, they were through a messenger service on the phone similar to whatsapp.
#216958 by Bryon Williams Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:42 pm
As you stated she may have picked it up by the email address.

Keep in mind if you pay the bribe it will never end. She will keep asking for money.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#216959 by Tay Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:46 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:As you stated she may have picked it up by the email address.

Keep in mind if you pay the bribe it will never end. She will keep asking for money.

The email address doesn't contain my name though, it's numbers etc. Anyway, never mind. Thanks once again. Keep fighting the good fight.
#216990 by TerranceBoyce Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:13 pm
If you've ever used that email address to register a website or on a forum Tay it's not that difficult to find an identity to go with it unless you're used to covering your identity on the internet. I have managed to uncover the identity of fraudsters doing that.

Google your email address and see what comes up.

Phone apps aren't renowned for being secure.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#217009 by AlanJones Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:44 pm
Tay wrote:Hi there, I am a 22 year old guy from the UK. I was recently using Kik to indulge in what I thought was roleplay with a girl. She said she was 15

I'd say you got off lucky just meeting a scammer and not real law enforcement - people like you tend not to get treated well in prison.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.