Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#219018 by Yukiiyukii Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:43 pm
I got this email trying to buy a car in ksl.com is this a scam?

Hello, thanks for getting back to me..

As I told you in my first email, I just got a new job and moved to another city in Denver, CO.
The car is now at the shipping company warehouse in Denver ready to be delivered. I prearranged the deal with eeay so my presence isn't necessary.
We will use ebay's services for this transaction as it is the safest for both of us.

Let me explain how it works: First of all I will need your full name and shipping address so I can register the transaction with ebay. once you receive the details from ebay, the car will be reserved for you until you read the details and decide if you want to proceed or not.

You will have a five days inspection period, after the car arrives at your address to make sure it is as shown in the photos and in good working order.

If by any reason the car is not as described or if you find any problems with it, I will arrange to ship it back on my cost.

The payment will be sent to ebay and they will hold it until the inspection period is over and you decide if you're going to buy it or not.

This way you're not going to pay for something you haven't seen and with the inspection period you can make sure it's as described. If you agree with this terms please reply with your full name and shipping address so we can get the ball rolling.
Advertisement

#219036 by AlanJones Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:26 am
It is a scam - eBay don't provide an escrow service where they hold funds while you inspect the vehicle.

If you can't physically view the car without paying money to anyone then it is a scam.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#219046 by Yukiiyukii Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:58 am
AlanJones wrote:It is a scam - eBay don't provide an escrow service where they hold funds while you inspect the vehicle.

If you can't physically view the car without paying money to anyone then it is a scam.

thank you:)