Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#66079 by mgx123 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:21 am
I recived this email, and did what she said, I'm really worry to loose my identity what I need to do?? please help!

RE: ACCEPTATION

Dear Miguel,

We are glad to inform you that you are employed and you'll start
probation period as Supply Chain Manager on behalf of our Company at
El Paso, TX.

I've attached an employment agreement to this e-mail - please read
the contract carefully, print it out then sign and fax it to
(800) 652-0587 or scan and e-mail back to me. You will have to mail the
documents in physical terms once your training/probation period is
completed. Until that time both copies (our electronic/fax copy and
your original one) have a legal power. To confirm your identity,
please enclose scanned copy of your ID or passport, or driver's
license. All the paperwork must be submitted
by tomorrow.

Sincerely yours,
Andrea French / HR department

Byword Electronics
2, Kobmagergade DK-1153
Copenhagen DENMARK

Tel: 45 898 80425 ext 115 /Fax: 45 898 80426
U.S. toll-free:
Tel: (800) 652 5403 ext 115 / Fax: (800) 652-0587
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.bywordelectronics.com

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee. If you are not the addressee you must not
read, copy, use or disclose the e-mail nor the content; please notify us immediately by clicking
'Reply' and delete this e-mail.
Advertisement

#66084 by Katharina Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:49 am
Welcome mgx123!

You shouldn't worry too much if you sent a scan of your ID. This type of scammers is after fast money. He might use these scans in future to show to other victims as proof of his identity, but you can't get those scans back. :(

However, you need to worry if you sent him your social security number and/or details of your bank account. In this case you need to contact the authority which issued your social security number and/or your bank immediately.

Our site killers will have a good look at the scammer's fraudulent website. :twisted:
#66086 by Arnold Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:03 pm
I'm glad you spotted it as a scam. The recent one-year registration makes it bogus, and it isn't a Danish word.
I wouldn't worry too much. It's very unlikely that the scammer is interested in the scanned ID, and yours won't be .the only one he has been sent. He just asked for it to try and convince you the scam is legitimate.
We'll try and get the site shut down.
Domain name: bywordelectronics.com
Create: 2011-07-11 17:47:57
Update: 2011-07-11
Expired: 2012-07-10

#66510 by Terminator5 Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:38 pm
More details and victims of the scam here :

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=1081735

It also appears that they are working the careerbuilder dot com employment website under Zodiac Electronics .

Daniel 8 :25
#66793 by shennessey Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:16 pm
I fell for the scam too. Sent them all of my info and will probably have my identity stolen now. I checked on all of their certifications that they have listed on their homepage and they are all bogus. BSI, the agency that commissions these certifications, said their regulatory department is going to go after them for this. I reported them to the FBI and IC3. Hopefully they'll get what they deserve with a nice long prison sentence, if they're not already behind bars while running this scam already. I get more of these scam company job offerings from CareerBuilder than is imaginable. This is definitely the best one by far yet. It simply amazes me that nobody makes them shutdown the website though. It seems as though nobody cares about enforcing the laws by going after these thieves. The government seems to do nothing in response to take action, and it's really sad.
#66796 by Michael Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:20 pm
I would love to get my hands on a set of headers and if possible, all emails they sent. Could you please post them? If you are unsure how to find the headers let us know which email provider you use and we'll explain.

Most likely we'll be able to get the website offline, but we will need headers for that. Thanks for sharing your story :)

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#66808 by Terminator5 Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:17 pm
So shennessey since your getting so many fraud employment offers . Post them here . Save someone else . If you need assistance to do that , I'm sure any member will help . If you sent them your details than it would also be wise to periodically google your details to make sure they are not being used in scam .

IE

"Name Name" in paranthesis . "123 Any Street Anytown " etc .

Daniel 8 :25