Information on romance scams and scammers.
#118382 by Dotti Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:51 am
Just to clarify even further.

NOBODY pays for leave. Leave is earned, like vacation, and there is no charge for it. The moment a "soldier" mentions that a fee has to be paid for leave (or retirement) you can be certain he is a scammer.

ONLY a soldier can request leave (or other things) for himself. The moment a "soldier" asks you to make any request to the military --whether it is for leave, phone, insurance, or anything else--he has already proven himself to be a scammer.

If you wish to change your user name, please send a PM to me with a new user name that isn't already taken, and I will change it for you later.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#118448 by Wimduang Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:14 pm
Hi this is my story us militaly army in afghanistan
I met him on skype
His name is Major Gen Rich Moses Miller
His email : [email protected]
His son email: [email protected]
Benjamin's email: [email protected]
He is such a professional scammer !!!he has a son he live in UK he has a guy who work for him in UK too
His son name Alex And a guy who work for him name Benjamin Dover grant
They work together as a team but I think they are the same person
They know exactly how to play with people emotion
I was a fool to send money about 1000€ for his son Alex
His story is exactly same ,he cant access his account
They prefer to get money by western union and direction to UK London
Reciver name is Benjamin Dover Grant London
What shall I do about this ?
This scammers live mostly in UK ,I guess
#118471 by Justin Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 pm
Hello Wimduang,

Sorry to hear you were targeted by this scammer. Thanks for posting the info it may help someone else avoid the scammer. Although there are scammers in the UK most of these scammers are in West Africa. They may have acomplises in the UK but in reality just because they tell you to send money to the UK does not mean they have to pick it up there. Everything he told you was a lie.

Justin

#118475 by vonpaso xlura Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:01 pm
^^One of those names is a joke, probably passed to the scammer by a baiter. I leave it to you to figure out which one. The scammer obviously didn't get the joke, and I don't want to give it to him.

As to scammers appearing to be in the UK, they get phone numbers that look like they're in the UK but actually redirect somewhere else.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#118486 by Wimduang Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:53 am
Hi me again
When I was first used skype all kind of fake military from us
Us air force ,us marine us military
They came shonw up i think about 5 different name
Their english was so poor even poorer than me actually english is not my native langauge
But you can see immidiately .i was refuse to talk to them but when this guy name major gen Rich shonw up .i d just chat with him for fun that was the wrong dicision to did that :cry:
Exellence english ,perfect the words he used to chat with me is perfect
1000€ i lost for a birthday gift for his son . He will come to see me in coming september then he will pay me back .that money i send to London in June then in beginning of July his son Alex go to Ghana for vacation .
He did tried to email me but I know what will happen next .ofcos he will ask for money to travel
But didnt say a word .being a fool once is enough for me .
Thats that I said they can play very well with your emotion .
I d learn alot from this lessen even I know what going on but I d send fucking money to them
#119991 by Spook Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:54 am
ratt84 wrote:
thanks for the message..please can we chat by yahoo am online now waiting to chat with you thanks best regard...

Received: from [41.58.48.32]
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Lagos, Nigeria

yahoo avatar

Same pic here
http://us1.badoo.com/01220873668
Alfred 42, Richardson, TX
#124454 by began steele Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 pm
Here is scammer again in Tagged or rather deleted. [email protected]. The photo is stolen from here. http://k99.com/tags/lerory-arthur-petry/
Sergeant First Class Leroy Arthur Petry was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Obama on July 12th. John Stewart (The Daily Show) had a great interview with this hero afterward. We have that interview for you here-

The Yahoo pic used by this illiterate idiot and as noted above diabolical English in his message below.

email: [email protected]
Tagged profile Deleted
Native American
yahoo id: [email protected]

Hi gorgous,i was just suffering through the site and i come across ur profile.i am Petry by name from dallas tx. I work for the US army.....right now am on deployment to afghanistan coming home safe soon i noticed that online marriage are turning out to be sucessfull and so i decided it a trail i saw your profile,i was very amazed and i feel of hope that you're everything have been searching out like your sense of honor and i hope we can start something out of nothing and make it real forever..am very caring, honest and down to heart man.....i need someone who will chrish me and be willing to share life great joys and sorrow. Someone who willing to spoil,pamper and love me unconditionally, whom is kind,sincere,honest, ppl like me petry possionate,am out here just to give a trail,i hope i find a soul mate too.all i need here is honest woman who gonna love and care for me wth all her heart...my chat is [email protected]....i will wait till i can read from u

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#134402 by irishrebel123 Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:49 am
I met this guy "sgt andy robinson " skype id adnyrobin202 who contacted me with this long sob story and looking for a relationship. Well it was not long until he started asking me for personal info - never giving anything but one or two word answers- I became suspicious because although his location was Kandahar, his location time indicated Europe . born 8/12/57 - I think he is possibly a fake / scammer using a picture of someone else
beware
#134529 by began steele Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:07 am
irishrebel123 could we have email address and text/messages sent for others to find. Cheers.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#137595 by Sorte engel Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:52 pm
Hello
I`m not sure if this is a scam, but I think so.

[email protected]

Hello Again,

Thanks for your message. Sorry I could not write you back before now as I have been busy with work. You come across a really nice person. I must admit I am interested in you and would like to get to know you. Anyway, I think I should tell you more about myself and I hope you will also share some more about yourself. About myself, well I am not used to talking about me but will do my best here to do just that.
I am a Captain in the US Armed Forces(Yes, I am American with Polish roots). I have lived in Norway for about 2 years now as I work with special units. I do have a daughter who is like everything to me right now. She just turned 10 years old and she is such a wonderful girl I must say. I really do love and care for her. My wife passed on about 4 years ago. I am from a very nice background, and my parents were wonderful people and I still get to think about how lucky I was to have my mother look after me while I grew up. I love being myself and I appreciate bluntness. I will hope that you note that. I loving reading, football and swimming. I am not much of the pub type, but will go with the right person. I am not the best of cooks, so I do get to eat out. I know that can always change though. I have been in the Army for a long time now and I am in my last year as I will be retiring soon. Its more the reason I have thought I will have to settle down with the right person again and I hope to find that, if you know what I mean. I eat most foods with little or no restrictions in my diet. I love to stay healthy and Yes I do love life and truly value it. I am looking for someone who will love me for me and accept me for who I am and not just what I have. Physical appearance does very little for me, I am more concerned with the person within, if you know what I mean. I just want someone I can always be around and will not want to leave. Someone whom I can always talk to and who will listen to me and I to her. I seek to find that in you, so kindly let me know what you think.Take care,

He contacted me on a Norwegian website: www.moteplassen.no

About the phone thing you have to write a phone connection to me (Capt. xxx xxxx. E8 Camp Kandahar Afghanistan) request email to the address : [email protected] They will get back to you asking a few questions I think and they will let you know what needs to be done to have the phone registration done.

Before I`m sure this is a scam, I will not put out his name. But if he is scamming me, there will be pictures to :)

Sorte engel
#137606 by began steele Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:58 pm
Yes it is a typical fake military phone scam. You can publish as much as you like Sorte, and please do for the benefit of others .
lived in Norway for about 2 years now as I work with special units.
Do you really think such a soldier would tell a stranger this ?
I thought he was in Afghanistan and yet tells you he is" just up the road" from you. :=)

#137612 by Sorte engel Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:24 pm
John Kacznowski, Capt in the US army special unit. Says he live in Oslo. Have a daughter who is 10. His wife has passed for 4 years ago. He has polish roots. Says he come from Rochester NY. He is 46, and will retire after this period and then stay in Norway.

Have problems with the pictures. Working on it :)

I feel for those who has their pictures used like this.
#137614 by Sorte engel Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:32 pm
There is a lot of US army soldiers in Norway, so I didnt think that was strange. And that he now was out was also ok. But I dont know to much of the american military so I didnt think to much of that. But when he wanted me to pay so we could talk on the phone... NO WAY.
#137626 by began steele Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:15 pm
Any way he is a scammer and we have a lot of phone scammers here. He really would not tell you if he was anything to do with Special Forces, so that is a figment of scammer imagination to try to look good. They do this also to tell anyone with awkward questions that they can't answer due to "security" which is a little stupid because they have a public profile. If you have a profile URL it would help and perhaps a yahoo email address if you still message and can coax it out of him.

#137721 by Spook Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 am
http://us1.badoo.com/01228959452
Anderson, 47
Hollywood, FL, United States

Hi pretty, how are you doing ? i must confess that you are looking good and beautiful. Am Anderson Shawn,47years and am an Engineer in US Military. Am divorce and am a single dad. Am a kind of man you will get to know and never let go cos am loving,caring,hard working and honest and you

Image Image