Information on romance scams and scammers.
#43209 by mylove Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:58 am
Hi I'm from asia, and i posted a profile in badoo where this guy contacted me.
He has been calling me on phone and writing emails. He wanted to come meet me next month to talk about marriages. however, i never seen him on cam, only photos.

somehow i found his email sentences appeared in your forum, and i need to know if he is the same scammer, here are the details about this person:

his badoo profile id: Daniel Coleman, California, Bell 52 (said he is a surgeon, with one daughter, divorced)
his email id: [email protected]
he also has a facebook id: daniel coleman

below his email content:
1.==================
MY SOUL MATE,?
Every day I will be thinking about you. When my eyes are closed, when I sing and dance to a love song, when I'm checking my email, I will be thinking about you. When I go to sleep in the loneliness of my room and give in to wonderful dreams I will definitely be thinking about you.

I know someday we will meet and spend our lives with each other. I have waited for someone like you, and now that I have found you I will never let you go. I love you so much.

Love Always.
Daniel.
2.=================
MY ONE AND ONLY ONE,
I miss you, my darling, as I always do. I can almost feel you beside me as I write this letter, and I can smell the scent of wildflowers that always reminds me of you. But at this moment, these things no longer give me pleasure.

Last night, in my dreams, I saw you on the pier. The wind was blowing through your hair, and your eyes held the fading sunlight. I was speechless as I watched you leaning against the rail. You are beautiful, I thought as I saw you, a vision that I could never find in anyone else. I slowly began to walk toward you, and when you finally turned to me, I noticed that others had been watching you as well. "Do you know her? they asked me in jealous whispers, and as you smiled at me I simply answered with the truth, Better than I know myself.

I stop when I reach you and I take you in my arms. I long for this moment more than any other. It is what I live for, and when you return my embrace, I give myself over to this moment, at peace once again. I raise my hand and gently touch your cheek and you tilt your head and close your eyes. My hands are hard and your skin is soft, and I wonder for a moment if you'll pull back, but of course, you don't. I know that this is the moment I have been waiting for, and I pray that the moment never ends.

Love always.
Daniel.
3.====================
Y UNDYING LOVE,
Everything you do for me reassures me that I am appreciated. I want you to know that you mean so much to me.

From the first day we met, you were determined to get to know me. At first, I was skeptical about you because of your persistence, but you quickly grew on me. I want you to know that every moment we have spent together since that first day holds a special place in my heart. I was afraid at first that if I let you in I would regret it, but I haven’t regretted a single moment. I trust you, and I know you will be there for me no matter what.

I trust that you will be faithful to me and that you won’t hurt my heart. You tell me how you want only the best for me. You tell me how beautiful I am.

You just make me feel extra special; make me feel a sense of warmth inside. I want you to know that I love you for this! I love you for being so caring and genuine. I love you for everything you have done for me. I love you for the happiness and joy you bring to my life. I love you for you! We don’t even need to talk to communicate with each other. By just being together, holding hands, or cuddling, we can sense each other’s thoughts and inner feelings.

I want you to know that I want the best for you as well. I want you to succeed and I want all your dreams and fantasies to come true. I know that in me you see a young man full of kindness, understanding, and compassion. A young man with an open heart. A young man who puts a smile on your face everyday. I will be that man who’s there for you just as you are there for me, the one who encourages you through life’s ups and downs.

But ultimately, I want to be the man who is your everything. Not an hour goes by that I don’t think about you. You have brought so much joy to my life and you give me so much to look forward to when I wake up every morning. I want you to know that I sincerely appreciate you and I can never tell you enough that “I LOVE YOU!

Love always.
4.==========================
This morning when l woke up, and saw the sun above, l softly said, good morning Lord.
Bless every one l love. Right away l thought of you and said a lovely prayer, that he would bless you specially, and keep you free from worries.

l thought of all the the good things and happiness a day could hold in store, and l wish them all for you, because no one deserve it more than you.

Hope you enjoyed your night like l did? Wish l was around to keep you companied, am sure it would have been very nice. l am looking forward for a day like that. while wishing we grow old together and make a happy home. You are the part l need to make me complete. I miss you so dearly. l will let you know when l will be coming.
This is wishing you a productive day ahead sweetie i miss you i really do.

Yours Sincerely
Daniel.
5.======================
Hello my love thank you so much for the photos that you sent to me you are looking very fantastic and your family are very wonderful.

I know this may sound cliche but to be honest you changed my life. From the moment I saw you I knew you were a gift from God. You constantly shower me with unconditional love and you always understand my shortcomings without criticism.

Just looking at you is enough to make me happy. My life is now full of promise, every day is worth looking forward to, and it’s all because of you. You made me become a better person. I never thought I could love someone the way I love you now. I know you hear this all the time, but I want to tell you again and again that I truly love you and my life would never be the same without you. I miss you every day.

Love always.
Daniel.
=================================
Advertisement

#43210 by Arnold Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:51 am
Welcome to Scamwarners.
That's another scammer. I've looked up a couple of phrases on Google.
"Last night, in my dreams, I saw you on the pier" 106,000 hits.
"My hands are hard and your skin is soft" 2150 hits.
When you speak to him on the phone, does he sound like someone who would write like that?

#43288 by Bubbles Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:44 am
Welcome to ScamWarners mylove. Arnold is correct. The person who is posing as your admirer is a scammer. He has taken the words he sent you in letter 2 from a book called Message in a Bottle

Here is the link to the online portion of the book: http://www.readinggroupguides.com/guide ... ottle3.asp

Here are the words from the book.
July 22, 1997

My Dearest Catherine,

I miss you my darling as I always do, but today is especially hard because the ocean has been singing to me, and the song is that of our life together. I cam almost feel you beside me as I write this letter, and I can smell the scent of wildflowers that always reminds me of you. But at this moment, these things give me no pleasure. Your visits have been coming less often, and I feel sometimes as if the greatest part of who I am is slowly slipping away.

I am trying, though. At night when I am alone, I call for you, and whenever my ache seems to be the greatest, you still seem to find a may to return to me. Last night, in my dreams, I saw you on the pier near Wrightsville Beach. The wind was blowing through your hair, and your eyes held the fading sun light. I am struck as I see you leaning against the rail. You are beautiful, I think I see you, a vision that I can never find in anyone else. I slowly begin to walk toward you, and when you finally turn to me, I notice that others have been watching you as well. "Do you know her?" they ask me in jealous whispers, and as you smile at me, I simply answer back with the truth. "Better than my own heart."

I stop when I reach you and take you in my arms. I long for this moment more than any other. It is what I live for, and when you return my embrace, I give myself over to this moment, at peace once again.

I raise my head and gently touch your cheek and you tilt your head and close your eyes. My hands are hard and your skin is soft, and I wonder for a moment if you'll pull back, but of course you don't. You never have, and it is at times like this that I know what my purpose is in life.

I am here to love you, to hold you in my arms, to protect you. I am here to learn from you and to receive your love in return. I am here because there is no other place to be.

Excerpted from Message in a Bottle © Copyright 2002 by Nicholas Sparks. Reprinted with permission by Warner Book. All rights reserved.

So not only is he a scammer, he plagiarizes too.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#43359 by mylove Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:40 am
I am really surprised to find out how a scammer are also a plagiarist, he didn't even willing to put in his effort to write emails...haha..! Thank you Arnold and Bubbles, for finding out the truth for me.

I will still post his letters to the forum, so that others can find out too, as i believe he is doing the same to many ladies out there.

here are his two emails:
==============================
THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONS,?
My love it is my pleasure to tell you more about me again though i have done it before but you were not okay with that but never mind i will do it again for you just to make you comfortable.

My name is Daniel i am 53 years old divorced and have one daughter she is 22 years old still in the university studying,i am a surgeon Doctor for 25 years my father died long ago while my mother still alive but living with her sisters daughter in another apartment that i bought for her,i live here in California United States of America,i have only one sister and she has married and living with the husband.

I really so happy last night i feel like i am together with you and it remembers me when i was young thank you so much and i know i also make you have but we are both waiting for that special day to meet each other and enjoy to the fullest and be together.

Hope i have made everything clear,thank you so much for your kindness and love towards me i shall be waiting to read from you again,have a wonderful day with your family.

Love always.
Daniel.
==========================
MY HEART,?
I love you so very much sweetheart. You are the love of my life. I have a hard time explaining how I feel. I have never felt anything like this before. You are always there for me no matter what. I do not know what I would have done this year without your love. You are the most loving, caring, compassionate and absolutely most wonderful women that I have ever met. My ex holds a special place in my heart, but you have gone way above and beyond her.

I never thought that was possible. I want to marry you now, I want to be your husband. I want a baby with you; that is the most beautful experience, nothing compares to that. You are a wonderful mother to our kids, but you deserve more. Thank you for always being there, for the flowers they are beautiful, for your kind words, hugs, kisses, and the unconditional love. You are a dream come true and I want to spend the rest of my life with you as your husband, lover, and best friend. I have never in my life been so very happy. I feel much loved, beautiful and very happy.

I am so very proud of you. You are a very strong person. It is really cool that we are strong for each other in different ways. We totally understand each other and feel for each other. When you hurt, I hurt. When you are happy, I am happy. I just love you so much sweetheart and I never want to lose you. I give you my heart, my love and my life for now and forever. I love you.

There are no words to express how I feel about you. I constantly search for the words, and they all seem less than I truly feel. You are my life, my heart, and my soul. You are my best friend. You are my one true love. I still remember the day we first met. I knew that you were the one I was meant to be with forever.I thought of you every day, and dreamed of you each night. The sound of your voice on the phone, was the sweetest sound I would ever find.

Love Always,
Daniel
==============================
#43364 by Bubbles Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:54 am
Thank you for helping to expose this scammer Mylove. Hopefully this will help someone else that gets contacted by this scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#43428 by mylove Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:11 am
How do i check the ip address from the hotmail? i do wish to know where he is actually located at, so we can reveal more about him...

surprisingly he sent me letters below today, and the same content of this email are found in other scam websites too. Here's the link:
1. http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=26384 (an email from scammer id:[email protected] )
2. http://www.stop-scammers.com/letter.asp?id=6334 ( Letter from Rhoda Mends to Rolf (Germany))

Below is the email sent by scammer on Dec 31, 2010 =============

MY LOVE,?
I know there is an ocean between us and I wish that it weren't true for every day when I arise I yearn to be with you.

Though a lot of distance lies between us you will always be in my mind and my heart,And every night beneath the stars I pray for the day we'll never be part.

Every day I will be thinking about you. When my eyes are closed, when I sing and dance to a love song, when I am checking my email, I will be thinking about you. When I go to sleep in the loneliness of my room and give in to wonderful dreams I will definitely be thinking about you.

I know someday we will meet and spend our lives with each other.I have waited for someone like you, and now that I have found you I will never let you go.I love you so much honey.
I understand that we have not been together for now, But I want to express to you the love that I feel. My life has been a hellish nightmare, one that haunts and never leaves me to peace. The day that I realized that I loved you, my bad dreams ceased.

What I feel for you is that awesome love that poets write about and that we mere mortals only dream of experiencing. It is the love that is considered unconditional and undying; So great that my heart seems to burst with the joy of it. I cannot fathom living my life without you waking would never be the same without your sweet face to look forward to, I would not be living just existing sleeping would be impossible without you to dream of.

You have made my life worth every moment, every breath. I know that we are old, and as such are thought not to feel such intense emotion, but what I feel is true and blinding in its power. You have swept me away and proved to me that magic exists in you.

I believe and have faith that what we feel for each other will overcome and outlast the distance. My heart is yours, my soul in your keeping. Please treasure it.

Love always.
Daniel.
#43431 by GomerPyle Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:10 am
I can understand how easy it is to be attracted to that kind of instant and impulsive romance mylove, but even though I consider myself romantic, if I'd said anything like that to the girl I married, even after a night of passion, she'd have probably slugged me in the face.

To receive this kind of lyrical poetry from eomeone you've met online is the clearest sign you're dealing with a scammer. Unfortunately it does appear to have the effect on some people that the scammer intends, but if ladies can think sensibly (and I'm sure that many can) then this sort of approach should guarantee failure for a scammer.

There are also other 'tell tale' signs that he's a scammer in how he feels obliged to provide a biography that he's probably researched from the internet.

......my mother still alive but living with her sisters daughter.....

A surgeon would use the proper terminology for that relationship, and his writing style is very poor when he's not copying other people's work. If someone is using copied wording it is obvious when they give you personal details in their own style. If you are a native English speaker it's possible to tell the difference between an American writing and an Englishman and his style, when he's not copying, is that of an African who isn't well-educated.

Scammers claim to be Westerners, wealthy and well educated but their writing style always tells a different story if you examine it.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#43852 by mylove Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:31 pm
Thanks Gomerpyle for the advice.
I wonder how you get his ip address from his email, as i view the source i can't get the originating ip?

Here're another emails seems to be filed in his scam templates:
================
I love you from now until death do us part. Right now, you living so far away from me is killing me, but I know in my heart that we are doing the right thing. And, you are trying to get things straight so we can live there forever and spend a lifetime together. I don't want to lose you for anyone else or anything that anyone has to say about you. I want you to know that I love you from the deepest part of my heart. My love for you is unconditional.

The love for you is so strong and the most powerful feeling that I have had in a long time and I am just at a loss for words when it comes to you. I just wish that there was another way that we could be together without living so far apart right at the time being. I want you to know that I love you and always will and there is nothing that will ever change that about how I feel. I love you.
Love always,
Daniel.
=================
All that I can offer you is a family. I can offer you a family that will stick together through the good and the bad. I can offer you a family that will support each other every day. Honey, that's all I can give...I hope that’s what you want.

I really wish that you were near me. I wish that I could just call your name when I needed you and that you would be there. However, knowing that you love me so much is enough for now, and if I can be your husband and a mother to your children, then I would wait forever to be with you. You're the only one that I want.

Love Always,
Daniel,
#43853 by mylove Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 pm
Sad to tell, i have received emails which now i think they are yet another two scammers?

here are the two emails from them:
1. From email id: [email protected]
His Name: Joe Walt

Hello Dear,

I am glad to hear back from you and giving me your email. I must say that I am highly honoured. It’s my pleasure to have met you. Sincerely, I am new to this type of communication and have nothing to say than to ask God to guide us as we go further to know more about one another.

I want to say thank you for giving me opportunity and I promise to be honest and sincere to you. I strongly believed that there is a reason for connecting us through this way. I am a single guy with a streight sexual orientation and i like been what i am. I want to know you, be your best friend and see what the future might bring because in every unity there is a purpose.I was actually lookign for someone i could share love with and luckily I saw your profile and decided to get to know you better.

I have nothing much to tell you about me, but I wish it is better to tell you little and wait for you to ask me any thing you will like to know more. I am from Dublin and currently in Birmingham working. I am a free thinker but i was born into a christian home. I am currently working as an Engineer here in Birmingham. I am romantic, energetic,caring and fun loving fellow whom you would like to be with.

My Dad worked as a contractor while he was still working and he worked in several parts of the world,based on the nature of his job. It is so sad for me being alone as the only surviving child of my parent. My Mum live back home in Dublin but she is from Jordan. I have a happy family, though they are not with me here but we do talk from time to time and I do visit them regularly. I have a loving mother who focus her attention on how to build her family. Though age is no more on her side but Thank God she is very healthy on her 76 years. She is very nice and kind woman. I hope to meet a woman who will accept me and my little family the way God has made us.

Meanwhile, I would like to let you know that nothing shall be a barrier to this relationship. It may interest you to know that I prefer one on one communication.. My dear, Let us open our heart for each other. I really wish to know more about you, I need you to be my guide for I am not perfect and in return, I promise to give you the best of my love.
Please tell me more about your self, family and job.
Remain in good health until I hear back from you again.

Kisses and hugs
Yours
Joe

Thank you so much for this beautiful words again. Hope you got my last message? I have been expecting a responce from you but you did not write me till now. Where are you currently? I am so sad and depressed now. All I want to do is rest,each night i go to sleep my dreams I just can't fight. I think of about you lying with me on my bed and i wonder if there is anything I could have said.
I wish you are here now but I know that you are still near wherever you are now. I must say again that i love you.

Take care and be of good health,
Joe

=======================================================================================
2. His email id: ([email protected])
Name: Smith Brown

Hi my sweetheart ,
How are u? hope u fine and always be in a good condition everytime.Darling i was very in love with u and never felt this way before u are like a pearl that shining in the sea and now u shining in my heart like a worthy pearl. Honey u are poisoning my mind and i cant stop thinking about u my love u always be in my mind everywhere everytime my sweet angel.

I miss you, I really do. Even though I see you everyday, am with you at every moment, yet still I miss you. And when you think about it, how could you possibly miss someone constantly in your thoughts, in your dreams in your fantasies? I guess I still can't believe that you're here with me now at this moment ... God I'm blushing!

There are no words that can possibly explain how I feel right now, because in fact, I've never felt this before ... sounds so cliché doesn't it? But that's a fact that I can never hide just like the blush on my cheeks ... always visible manifestations of the love I feel inside.

I really want u to be happy to have me because i'm really lucky to have u now and so happy and smilling when i think about u my love...

Love always,
Smith
#258355 by a22dphd Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:30 am
Same scam letters from [email protected]:

Last night in my dreams,I saw you on a pier... AND
Trust, loyalty and respect are a must for eternal happiness. No matter how much you love someone if you dont have these ingredients you will never succeed.

He is using this as his image: