Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#197987 by Naamloos123 Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm
This one made a very stupid mistake. Because I looked the name up on facebook and there it was, the same woman with the same pictures.

Anywho, here is the following e-mail. I didn't respond as it was too obvious that it was a scammer.

Hello Xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

I Understand that you seek vacancy for Au Pair/Nanny Job,I am sorry to contact you in this Manner because time won't permit me to do so in an appropriate way/manner.About me my Name is Sharon Borkush,41 years old married with two kids Joe and Declan (4&6).I saw your profile on an Au Pair site read your profile and i think you are just the perfect match Nanny/Au pair am looking for to be taking care of Our kids for me.It My Pleasure writing you about My Family and i will be very glad if you can accept my offer.

About My Work i work as manager in Burnade plc and My Husband Clement as an Accountant here in Michigan .She is the Busy type of Husband and i dont want any problem that will result into our Family Quarrel because of the care for the kids.About where We stay.We live on this Street 2229 15th Ave Detroit, MG 48201.I need someone who would look after my kids at home when I am at work.This is because Our Last Au pair Contract is finished and she wants to start a new life Marry and have kids and my younger sister that has been assisting Us after the absence of the Au Pair has gained admission into Cambridge University here in UK and has resumed school. I need someone to take over from her at my absence to work.We would really enjoy a whole-hearted fun,and enthusiastic person.I need a fun loving, reliable,responsible,friendly, God Fearing,experienced person and good qualities,also who can nurture my kids with care.I and my Husband has made an Agreement to set up good offer for you to take care of my Two kids for me very well.

I want you to know that Kids are Understanding and Loving, Friendly and also Playful i don't know how you will handle them but i am sure you will love you to be around with them.And i hope you can help Us take care of my kids for me and also i am ready to give you a good salary allowance of weekly and monthly fee.I will Pay you $650 weekly that will be on the weekend because i will be at home and a Monthly fee of $2500.Before we proceed into the processing i will like to get some Information's from you if you real because some people are willing to do Au pair /Nanny because they want to get a valid document and they will end up running away i have had bad experience doing that.

Do you have valid passport?
Do you have visa to USA?if you don't have i can contact the US Embassy to process all papers for you

I await your mail.

Your host Mrs Sharon & Clement

Advertisement

#197989 by Bryon Williams Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:25 pm
^^^^^ I edited your post to mark the photo.

I also deleted some details that you posted.

We often have scammers visit us. We do not want people pointing out the mistakes they make in their scripts. They often will re-use the script for all potential victims. We want them to find the mistakes like you. We do not want the scammer to correct his stupid mistakes.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#198413 by Naamloos123 Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:42 am
Thank you, I'm so sorry. I didn't know how to do that.

I also wanted to ask another question I've been talking to another woman that I found on aupair.com, so I added her as a favorite, and she added me back. I added her on facebook and she told me to add her on skype so we could talk. She hasn't accepted me yet. But because I've been approached by nigerian scammers only.

How do I know for sure I'm not being scammed and how can I find out if the person is actually from Nigeria...

It's really hard for me to trust anyone on those sites anymore...
#198414 by AlanJones Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 am
What country does she claim to be from?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#198423 by AlanJones Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:41 pm
I don't know what the au pair visa procedure is for Morocco, but if she tries to introduce a travel agent, barrister or someone else that can arrange the visa then be wary - the correct way to arrange a visa to any country is through that country's Embassy/Consulate in your country.

If you can PM me her Facebook and aupair.com pages then I will have a look and see if they show any evidence of being a scammer's profile.

The big test will be if she will do a Skype video call with you - if she does and is the person in the photos you have seen and the video is not scripted then she is very likely legitimate. If she does do a video call - get her to do something spontaneous such as show you her child, so that you know it is live video and not records.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.