Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#56296 by Chris Fuller Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:05 am
This scam mail was not sent from the UK; it was sent from Nigeria, as shown by the IP address: 41.155.46.145 - Lagos, Nigeria.

This scammer also uses other fake names; you can read about this here:

Michael Moore

Subject: Family in the UK seeks your services

Dear Au pair,

We saw your profile aupair-option and decided to contact you on the possibility of becoming our new family member.

My name is Mr.Eric Williams,we are an easygoing couple with a happy, fun, and healthy kid and will have 2 small children and an Infant. It will mostly be helping my wife with the kids,We need an Au pair or Nanny to take care of our kids and also for mild house keeping such as 1.Care for & stimulate the child both mentally & physically, to ensure their intellectual, physical & social development. 2.Find out about activities in the local area. Ensure that the child/children get regular fresh air & exercise. 3.Plan & undertake activities on a one to one basis & with children. Develop speech, reading, numbers, letters, colours, social & practical skills. 4.Organize & prepare a healthy, varied & well balanced diet of home cooked food. Eat with the child & supervise meal times, encouraging proper use of cutlery, & behavior. 5.Look after child's physical well being - wash & bath them daily, help them to dress & undress, cut nails weekly, ensure hair is cut regularly, & that shoes get refitted regularly. 6.Look after all the child clothes. This includes all washing ; ironing by the weekend, shoes regularly cleaned, clothes & soft toys mended; Put aside clothes that no longer fit. 7.Keep child's room clean & tidy

We are looking for someone who likes to do their own thing and doesn't have a problem staying home, although there is a car here for you. Donald and cathy my kids are so much fun and their age is adorable! You will have the chance to really impact his life since he is so impressionable now.

And will be paid 500GBP weekly and also part of your Travel expenses shall be borne by us and we shall also provide fully furnished live in or live out accommodation.

Please write soon with updated credentials and resume for discuss. i will pay for all travel expenses for no problem so don't worry. I hope you can start this month and also if you have contacted any family let me know and what there interest in you look like,am a principle and straight someone and will appreciate one who is faithful and truthful.

Regards.

Mr. Eric Williams.
On Behalf Of The Family.
Advertisement

#58236 by Chris Fuller Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:12 am
Here are more emails sent by this scammer. The UK Border Agency email address is the scammer's own email address, and this is part of the scam. The genuine UK Border Agency does not use a free webmail address like @mail.com - you can see the genuine UK Border Agency email addresses here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ctcentres/

Please notice that the genuine UK Border Agency email addresses end with @ukba.gsi.gov.uk - and with no words or abbreviations after that.

Dear Au pair,

We have decided to find an Au pair because we need help looking after our child. We are looking for an Au pair to be a big sister or brother to our child and to become another member of our family.

My name is Mr. Eric Williams a Civil Engineer and I am 40 years old and my spouse Mary is thirty three years old and works as a Nurse.

We live in a three bedroom house in Woodcote Avenue, London NW7 2PG United Kingdom and have two kids, Donald is 4 and my daughter is 5 years old and they are lovely kids.

My kid likes to go to the parks so as my daughter once a week and we would like you to take him.

We will require you to take care of our kids for about 30hrs a week. You will have weekends free and we will pay you £600 per week pocket money which we will give to you every Friday.

Our residence is very open and near the city and there are other au pairs close by. There is also a good language school and we will encourage you to go for lessons there to learn English if you wish to. In the area there is one pub full of young people, a shop/post office and a hall where people get together to have parties. There is also a bus stop outside our house with direct access into the city center.

You will have your own bedroom and your own bathroom either live in or live out fully furnished, plus desk phone and computer system with internet.

We do not have any pets and we do not smoke.

We need an Au pair to start with us soon and stay until at least 6 months or more. We will need you to drive our second car if you can and we shall arrange some driving lessons for you when you arrive. You may use this car for taking the children to school, going to your English classes and for your private use.

send us your resume and also a picture of yours.

We shall be undertaking the costs of your Flight Ticket and travel documents. Accommodation and feeding shall be provided by us. All these details and other information about our contract offer shall be sent to you in the approved contract letter once I receive it from the Home Office Authorities

I will file the necessary inquiries on how to go about employing you from the Home Office here and I shall be sending you the information once I receive it. Hence wait for update and travel guidance/instructions so that you do not make any mistake.

My wife sends her regards and we hope our email finds you in good health.

Cheers and write us soon.

Yours sincerely
Mr. Eric Williams
On Behalf Of The Family.

Dear Au pair

How you are today and also hope all is fine so as me and my family out here in London and we are so happy for you being our Au pair,

After discussing your employment with my wife, we have decided that you match our requirements so please find the Contract Letter that is approved by the UK Border Office.

I received approval from the UK Home Office to employ you; I have attached the approved contract letter issued to me for your review. I need to apply now for Certificate of Eligibility (COE-UKIMG2011) as UK Border Agency instructed me for our application to be quickly considered, as that is important to prove that I am sponsoring your travel down to the UK and to prove that you are eligible to take up job position in UK before, they send your reference to the nearest British Consulate in your country. You need to sign the contract after going through it and send a scanned copy indicating your travel date (For Flight Booking which I shall pay for) , to the staff at UK Border Agency in charge of my application for the Certificate of Eligibility for their records and advice to us which address is below:

Home Office, UK Border Agency,
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, 3 8WA,
United Kingdom
Applications Fax: + 44 844 774 1190
Applications Email: [email protected]

Have a nice time and also a wonderful day.

Regards.
Mr. Eric Williams
#58989 by Bubbles Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:04 am
Welcome to ScamWarners aussietilly. Sadly, if the scammer has picked up the money you sent, there is no way to recover it. I am sorry to tell you this.

Finding the real scammer is nearly impossible. The names they use are not their own. The pictures they use are not their own. The story they use is not real (or their own). They drop email addresses like a dirty tissue. They often use a computer they rent by the hour. Predominately, they live in countries in which the police can be bribed.

In other words, you will be best to concentrate your energies on things that are positive and productive to you. I am sorry you lost money to this criminal.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#72794 by Chris Fuller Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:54 am
This scammer is now using a slightly different email address:

[email protected]

Subject: Urgent au pair services needed.

Dear Au Pair,

We have been seaching for someone to help us take care of our son that is the reason we shortlisted your name from your site 4familycares.com and decided to contact you.

We are a family that reside in the United Kingdom, 10 Kelday Heights, Spencer Way, London, UK looking for an Au pair that wishes to work in the UK. We are a family of three with our little son Justin who is just 5 years old and need serious care cos my wife wants to travel to the US to see her sick mum and i really need someone to start soon as i am a very busy person.

If you are really interested in our offer, do get back to us with your resume(CV) so we can access you.

We will handle the travel expenses and accommodation.

Contact us on +447940534673 or +447024026522 or through email.

Best regards from the Family.

Mr Eric Williams
#186645 by donttrustfamilies Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:14 pm
I received nearly the exact same message from a "Mr. Eric Williams." The email address he used to try to fool me was as follows: [email protected]. Check this... he didn't even ask for my references before he decided to 'hire' me for the Au pair job to watch over his and his wives' three year old daughter, Also. He claims he is located at 2 Kelday Heights, Spencer Way, London, England. This has to be the same scanner, right? But, seriously.. is he that ignorant to use the same pseudonym I'll post the actual messages he sent to me via email tomrrow.