Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#87208 by Chris Fuller Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 am
This is not a genuine childcare opportunity; it is a scam.

Subject: IN NEEDED OF A NANNY

Hi dear, I am Mrs Whitney Glazer, 37 Years Old from United State of America. Am writing you on behalf of the whole family (me, my husband and our 2 child) and here is a bit about us. Our family do not like to judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay positive and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones. I work as a sales manager for walmart. Due to the nature of my work, am not always around. I will thereby be in need of your service as a nanny for my kids. I will appreciate your response to know if you are interested.
Thanks
Whitney
Advertisement

#88185 by Chris Fuller Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 am

Thanks alot for your response . I'm from 35 South Ave Staten Island, NY 10303. You'll be working 5 hours a day, you are to take the kids to school in the morning and later go back to pick them back home from school in the afternoon. On weekends you'll take them out to new places like beach and other recreational places (You have free time). You are required to spend time with the child, running errands, house cleaning and light cooking is a possibility, but not really a requirement. I prefer someone who will reinforce our desire to teach our children responsibilities and do not expect to undertake the children assigned tasks but instead to find ways to encourage them to complete tasks. I will be offering you 450$ per week and you will be staying with us in the house. There is free internet facilities in the house for your use, private room, bathroom and a private car for you in taking the kids to school provided you know how to drive or willing to learn driving. I have 2 lovely kids named Ashley (9years old) and James (7years old). We love adventure, arts, traveling, soccer, literature, laughter and our wonderful babies. They are very active wanting a partner to bounce and spin with them.
The family's interests include the zoo, doing yoga, soccer, water skiing, snow skiing, walks in the park, play dates with friends, the arts, literature, traveling, shopping, and our kids. You and the kids will be going for shopping once in 6weeks. Convince me that you are capable of doing this job to my satisfaction.
I will like to know if you have a working permit and a valid working Visa. I wait to read back from you

These are stolen photos sent by this scammer, who pretends that they are photos of their own family. This scammer also sent these photos when pretending to be called Caroline Wright; you can see this here:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32775

#88854 by Chris Fuller Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:21 am
The travel company is also fake, and is part of the scam.

Thanks a lot for your message. I'm glad to know of your quality and willingness to take care of my children. For the faster and quicker processing of your working permit document and visa you would have to contact the traveling company that helped my last au pair from Austria. They will Process your traveling document very fast and durable. You can contact the traveling company's agent at
E-mail : [email protected]
Agent Name Mrs Kelly Bright (Agent)
Immediately you contact the traveling company they will process the document in 14-18 Days and will be dispatched over to your residential address. They will also book an appointment for you at the embassy in which you will be instructed to take the document send to you there with your passport for your working visa stamp. Get back to me with answers to my below questions.
Are you married?
What are your academics qualifications?
Do you have certificate to back up you Aupair/Nanny Career?
Do you have kid(s)?
Do you have any alergy or eating disorder?
Do you have any pet(s)?
When do you wish to start and for how long?
What are your interests?
Can you send some photo?
Do you have any criminal records?
I would like to see, if possible your Curriculum Vitae (CV) or references. Your answers will be highly appreciated. Take a good care of yourself

Sender: [email protected]
From: Planet International Travel Tours <[email protected]>
Subject: Dear Applicant,

Dear Applicant,

Thanks for the message you sent to us. We really appreciate your effort concerning working with Your host family. Your category of the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program (DS-2019) allows you as a caring live-in childcare provider between the ages of 18 and 35 to live as an extended member of your host family in exchange for room, board, and a stipend. Whilst the main priority of a successful applicant will be to take care of the kids, you should also have free time to enjoy life in the U.S.
For processing of your J-1 Exchange Visitor Program and Working Permit, We will like to have some information about you so as for us to start with the processing. You will have to get back to us with the below information so as for us to go ahead with your visa application.There won't be problem processing your Traveling Document. Below are the information's you will have to provide to us :

1. Your Full Name
2. Your Full Address
3. City
4. State
5. Zip code
6. Country
7. Phone Number
8. Sex
9. Date of Birth (D.O.B)
10. E-mail address
11. E-mail address of your Host Family
12. Full Name of your Host Family
13. Scan Copy of your Certificate of Birth
14. Full Home address of your Host Family

Get Back to us with the above Information's for further processing of your Working Permit and your J-1 Exchange Visitor Program Visa. This will take us up to 20 days at maximum efficient. Delays depend on you and your host family. We are looking forward for your quick response.

Thanks

Best Regards

Planet International Travel Tours

Mrs Kelly Bright (Agent).

The following sequence of emails was also used in this scam:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=21704&p=63281#p63281

Attention:

DIRECT FROM THE BOARD MEMBER OF THE PLANET INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL TOURS.

We hereby inform you that your information's have been forwarded to your Host Family (whitney glazer ) for a proper invitation letter, employment letter and contract agreement from the Local Government Area in the City of your Host Family ( whitney glazer ).

Once we read back from your host family we make sure proper verification will be carried out and the processing of your J-1 Traveling Document will proceed.

Thanks

Best Regards

Mrs Kelly bright (Agent).

I receive an email from the agency. They need me send this 1) letter of employment, 2) invitation letter and the 3) contract agreement. Hopefully, I should be able to get all this across to them today. I can only go through a bit of stress getting the invitation letter at the local government office. But I will try my best getting it today and if not, then I get it tomorrow and send it across to them. I will get back to you immediately I get it send over to them.

I woke up early this morning because I need to get some laundry done before going to work. How is your week going. Wishing you a blessed one. Take a good care.

Hello

It was a very busy day for me, ain't new because am use to it. Just like I promise, I have send across all the document to the agency. I hope they receive it and find it correct. Am waiting on them to write back with what else we need to provide. I will notify you in case of any news from them. Have a sweet dream.
#89028 by Chris Fuller Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:33 am
In reality, the same scammer is sending the emails from the fake travel agency and from the fake host family. Therefore, the host family is not really paying the travel agency! This is invented in the hope that it will convince au pairs that both the agency and the family are real, and that the host family is going to a lot of effort on behalf of the au pair.

Attention:

DIRECT FROM THE BOARD MEMBER OF THE Planet International TRAVEL TOURS.

We use this medium and avenue to inform you as we progress in the processing of your document. Your host family has been charged a sum of $131.00 (One Hundred and Thirty One US Dollars) for your (J-1 Exchange Visitor Program (DS-2019) application form. We will apprise you once the payment is made by your host family.

Thanks

Best Regards

Hello good morning how are you doing Do you read from the agency? I read from them saying they have all necessary informations now and that I need to pay for your application form. I understand I need to get this done as soon as possible, but have to wait till after I get off work today before I make the payment. I will feed you back as soon as am done with the payment.

The agency confirmed my payment for your application form. I think they also have make some changes to the contract agreement, so they send back to me so that I can sign it. I have sign it and send it back to them. I hope they send it to you soon so that you can sign as well. how is your day going hope cool just keep me updated as soon as you hear from them thanks and have a nice day
#89482 by Chris Fuller Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:50 am

Attention:

DIRECT FROM THE BOARD MEMBER OF THE Planet International TRAVEL TOURS.

This email include your work contract. It has been signed by your Host family. We thereby want you to sign it and re-send back to us.

Note: When signing the work contract, your signature must be similar to the one on your passport.
Inform us in case there is a part of it that you did not agree with.

Thanks

Best Regards

#119360 by Oguk Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:02 pm
I have the same but another name.

Hi dear, I am Mrs Anna Bill, 37 Years Old from United State of America. Am writing you on behalf of the whole family (me, my husband and our 2 child) and here is a bit about us. Our family do not like to judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay positive and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones. I work as a sales manager for walmart. Due to the nature of my work, am not always around. I will thereby be in need of your service as a nanny for my kids. I will appreciate your response to know if you are interested

Thanks

Anna

Hello dear ,

Thanks for your positive response.
Where we live?
We live in 35 South Ave Staten Island, NY 10303. A nice and quite city not far from the big and busy New York City.
How many child, their names and how old?
We are blessed with 2 lovely kids named Ashley (9years old) and James (7years old)
Your duty?
You'll be working 5 to 6 hours a day. You are required to prepare the kids for school and take them to and from school. (that is, take them to school and later go and pick them from school in the afternoon). Care for and stimulate the children both mentally & physically, to ensure their intellectual, physical and social development. Look after their physical well being, encouraging proper use of everything - wash and bath them, help them on how to dress and undress. You are required to spend time with the child, running errands, house cleaning and light cooking is a possibility, but not really a requirement. We prefer someone who will reinforce our desire to teach our children responsibilities and do not expect to undertake the children assigned tasks but instead to find ways to encourage them to complete tasks (I mean not to spoil the kids by doing everything for them).
On weekends (Saturdays) you'll take them out to new places such as beach and other recreational places (You are fully free on Sunday).
Our offer?
We shall be offering you 450$ per week (We hope it is enough since we will cater for your feeding). You and the kids will be going for shopping once in 5weeks. There is free internet facilities in the house for your use, private room, bathroom and a private car for you in taking the kids to school provided you know how to drive or willing to learn driving.
Our interest?
The family's interests include the zoo, doing yoga, soccer, water skiing, snow skiing, walks in the park, play dates with friends, the arts, literature, traveling, shopping, and our kids.
We love adventure, arts, traveling, soccer, literature, laughter and our wonderful children. They are very active wanting a partner to bounce and spin with them. Convince me that you are capable of doing this job to my satisfaction.
In conclusion, we will be responsible for the purchase of your plane ticket. I will like to know if you have a working permit and a valid working visa. I wait to read back from you.

And the same photos.
#119427 by Chris Fuller Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:12 pm
Hello Oguk, and welcome to ScamWarners. Thank you for posting these scam mails.

Could you also post the email address which the fake Mrs Anna Bill is using? Many au pairs google the email address of their potential host family, and it will be good if this leads them to your warning that this is a scam.
#119517 by Oguk Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:07 pm
[email protected] and [email protected] (Planet Travel Tours)

Other scam is: Earl hamilton - [email protected]

For the immediate commencement on procurement/Monitoring of your
Work and residence permits with the immigration services as well as
local representative services you are to provide via email the
following;
(1) Letter of authority, duly signed stating that Planet International Travel Tours.
and their authorized representatives have been
given the authority to procure immigration papers on your behalf
as well as act as local representatives for purposes of liaison
requiring the activities of a local representative. This functions
should cover:

a) Contract processing functions(Signing and receiving of Hard copy of
contract document from your Employer on your behalf)
b) Travel document procurement/Monitoring on your behalf with the
Planet Travel Tours
Letter of authority to be sent to Planet International Travel Tours, should
be two copies each referring specifically to
1. Employer or their agents/associates
2. Ministry of internal Affairs/Planet International Travel Tours

ii) Adequate contact information/address suitable for receiving
courier(not P.O.Box), as documents will be sent to you via DHL (this
may be sent via email) All documents sent by fax or attached word
document via e-mail should be addressed-to: Planet InternationalTravel Tours
;External Operations/Services Department.

Also required (not immediately) will be the provision of Banking
coordinates/information including SWIFT code for the purpose of
receiving your entitlements/emoluments which we will forward to
employer before commencement and also help facilitate early payments.

For the commencement of travel document procurement/Signing and
receiving of hard copy of your contract document on your behalf from
your employer,and the various couriers to be sent to you during the
process, you will be required to pay an Administrative/Courier charges
of $480 (Four Hundred and Eighty Dollars Only) on commencement of
processes which also covers for the cost of: Using our professional
services/Consultancy and also for courier of all your documents to you
including necessary immigration papers.

You will be reimburse averagely if you did not use up to 12months but
more than 6months. While you will be reimburse totally if you did not
use up to 6months.

Insurance: Your host family must pay a health insurance for you as an
au pair. It is advisable that you as the au pair effects an accident
insurance and a third party insurance for your stay. This Insurance
charge will be billed on your host family amounted to ($500) per annum

Also note that hard copy of your contract documents and immigration
papers shall be couriered to you in not more than 7 Working days from
date of receipt of stipulated charges.

Additionally Your Invitation Letter has been received from your Host
Family which is duly signed, stamped and authentic.

The necessary receipts will be sent to you along with the couriered
documents/including immigration papers. You are expected to pay
charges via Western Union Money Transfer. Below is Our Western Union
Official Information:

Name: ANNAMAE BACLKEY

City: WILKES-BARRE

State: Pennsylvania

Zip code: 18702

Immediately you send the Money, get Back to us with the below information's:

Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN):

Sender's First Name:

Sender's Second Name:

Amount:

Note: We receive money using Western Union Money Transfer only. Your urgent payment will be highly appreciated for faster and quicker processing.
A unique pin code shall be send to your mobile number. Which will later be useful after making appointment for you at the embassy.
Get back to us as soon as possible.

Thanks

Best Regards

#126729 by tashmc Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 am
The same again but a new name, I'm currently waiting for photos, will post them when I can!

Hi dear, I am Mrs Clara Johnson, 37 Years Old from United State of America. Am writing you on behalf of the whole family (me, my husband and our 2 child) and here is a bit about us. Our family do not like to judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay positive and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones. I work as a sales manager for walmart. Due to the nature of my work, am not always around. I will thereby be in need of your service as a nanny for my kids. I will appreciate your response to know if you are interested

Thanks

Johnson