Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#102417 by Chris Fuller Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 am
This scammer also pretends to be called Warren Salter. You can see the Warren Salter scam here, and will notice the near-identical emails:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=41983

This scammer is sending these emails from Nigeria, as proven by the IP address: 82.128.82.92 - Lagos, Nigeria.

Reply-To: Phillip Ashdown <[email protected]>
Subject: Your Services As Au pair/Nanny Is Required!

Dear Au pair/Nanny,

Do you like kids and keeping the house clean? Am Phillip Ashdown from United Kingdom with 6yrs old twins boy and a girl, We're looking for someone to become part of our family. If you are interested and available,please reply back. Here is my contact email address {[email protected]}. So I'll give you details e.g. {More about our family, Job Description, Your Accommodation and Other necessary arrangements.}

Thanks a million!
Phillip Ashdown.

The Immigration Office is also fake, and is part of the scam.

Subject: I Appreciate Your Response.

Hello,

I want to believe you're doing perfectly well. I really need you to come over here to assist me take good care of my twins, Because I hardly have time for my lovely Kids named Natasha and Tim and right now my wife is no longer alive, We are a good christian family. Do you have visa and work permit..? If you don't have visa and work permit, I would provide you with direct link to the British Immigration Office

Below is the details of British Immigration Office:

UNITED KINGDOM IMMIGRATION SERVICES
E-Mail: [email protected]
Contact Person: Mr. Aaron Chadwick
Designation: HEAD OF VISA/PERMITS OPERATIONS.

Kindly contact the above office via email and let them know that you've been offered an Au pair job from Phillip Ashdown. Kindly explain that they should assist you in processing your Traveling Documents (UK Visa) and make sure you do this as soon as you receive this mail so they could commence with the processing of your Papers in order for you to depart and arrive here as soon as you have the complete traveling document delivered to you. As for your salary, Am willing to pay you £1,200 every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of £250 weekly which I suppose should be enough for your primary needs.

Your Accommodation;

You will own a bedroom
Shared use of two bathrooms
Internet access
Use of family car if you can drive
Pay as u go mobile phone

Your job Description;

School time; 5hours per day, Monday - Friday
Get children up in morning. dressing/breakfast take the kids to/from
school.Prepare evening meal. Supervise homework. Provide care during
school holidays. Extra housework is required.
Housework/laundry/cleaning.

School holidays; Working hours 7am to 5pm
Taking kids to the zoo, aquarium, beach, park, and library, playing at home.

Weekends will always be your free time. To spend with your friends, or to spend with us. And as for how long you can work for my family, well I think that completely depends on how long you would like to work here with us but left to us, We do not intend to see you off in the next 1-2 years because I really would need your assistance. I will be very grateful if you respond better to me. You have nothing to worry about you will be treated like one of us.

Warmest Regards,
Phillip Ashdown & Family
Advertisement

#102599 by Chris Fuller Thu May 17, 2012 1:36 am
This is an email from the fake Immigration Office. It was also sent from Nigeria: IP address 82.128.3.12 - Lagos, Nigeria. The telephone number is a redirect number, which redirects all calls to the scammer's mobile phone in Nigeria.

From: "British Immigration Department" <[email protected]>
Subject: ****VISA AND WORK PERMIT INFORMATION****

Attention:

The Management of British Embassy in United Kingdom wishes to thank you for contacting us for the procurement of your traveling Document(s) which includes your Valid United Kingdom Visa, Tax-clearance, Resident Permit, Work Permit, Medical Insurance and all other Backing Document(s) for your travel to the United Kingdom. Applicant(s) are not permitted to live and work in the United Kingdom without this Document(s). This is in accordance with the Governmental Law of the British Embassy in United Kingdom.

We have an impressive reputation for assisting Skilled individuals, Co-ooperate individuals, Families and Job Seekers to immigrate from the any part of the world. We provide in-depth personal guidance to help you in procuring your traveling Document(s). We give special attention to your application. Our regular follow ups result in positive and quick response. If you are an oversea immigrant yet to be settled in the United Kingdom and you intend to work in the United Kingdom, you must have a work permit. We offer so many types of Visas ( Fiancee (Fiance), Tourist, Relative, Spouse, K-3, Children, Student, Employment). We have literally over 1,000 Applicant(s) who have obtained visa through us: The Philippine Islands, Thailand, Russia, Vietnam, South Korea, Cambodia, Laos, Japan, Ukraine, China, Brazil, India, Pakistan, Egypt, Israel, Malaysia, Indonesia and The World. We have many ways to expedite most Visas. No other Visa Service can offer you this type of extensive specialized services in as many countries.

Applicant(s) who are of the same sex, have a communicable disease, or have a dangerous physical or mental disorder, or drug addicts; have committed minor and/or serious criminal acts, including crimes involving moral turpitude, drug trafficking, and prostitution (working in a Go-Go bar, beer bar or massage service); or are likely to become a public charge; Individuals who fall into these categories by current law must be refused a visa. We can address these problems in advance and thereby allowing you to get the visa and also the fee is not expensive compare to other countries. You are guaranteed visa provided you follow our instructions carefully. Do note that a copy of the VISA APPLICATION FORM which you are to Print, Fill, Scan and Resend to us has been attached to this mail. You are to also send copy of your International Passport. The governmental official fee for full procurement of all your traveling Document(s) to United Kingdom is *850.00 GBP.*

Type of visa charge Validity Term of issue Consular fee

Single entry 12 Months 5{working days} £ 850.00
Single entry 14 Months 7{working days} £ 1,250.00
Single entry 18 Months 10{working days} £ 1,550.00

After payment, kindly send us the scan copy of the Western Union Money Transfer Invoice (Receipt) so that we can proceed with the processing of your Visa, Work Permit and other Backing Document(s). You will be invited by the British Embassy in your country for Verifications and Handling of Document(s) without interview.

Mode of Payment to our Office:
Western Union Money Transfer has been chosen has the mode of payment, because of it fast convenient way of confirming payment quick. In order to speed up the process, contact the nearest Western Union Money Transfer and make payment to our account officer information below:

Accountant Name (Receiver Name): Mr. Alan Barton
Office Address (Address of Receiver): 15 Harwood Road London, England SW6 4QP United Kingdom.

Total Payment....................... ........ ....................... 850.00 GB Pounds
We will begin in earnest once we receive all necessary Details and payment.

In anticipation of your response,

Thanks for your co-operation.

Yours Faithfully,
Mr Aaron Chadwick
Management
+447045734544

Copyright 2012 BRITISH EMBASSY WORLD TRAVELS , INC. All Rights Reserved.
Terms & Conditions | B.E.W.T Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Careers
15 Harwood Road London, England SW6 4QP United Kingdom.
#182469 by leigh468 Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:44 am
A guy by the name of Nathan Hemphill uses this very same letter to "recruit" au pairs. So amusing, because since I registered to become an au pair I've only ran into scams. This is number 3 that is a definite scam, the others are Kenny Dickson and Kurt Mark! Thank heavens that I stopped the money order just in time, thanks to scamwarners.