Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#104393 by Chris Fuller Fri May 25, 2012 6:02 am
This scam mail was not really sent from the UK; it was sent from Nigeria, as proven by the IP address: 41.138.164.81 - Uyo, Nigeria.

Subject: Your Profile Matched My Family

Dear Au pair,
I am Mr. Richard Brown living here in UK, I am
looking for an International Au- pair from Any Country, who can show
loving care to my only son Peter. I need someone who will not just be
glad, but will also appreciate taking care of little Peter for me When
I’m out of the country as I work with a construction company here in
UK, My job hardly allow me time for my son, our last aupair Grace
from Nepal Just left last month because of her husband’s
health condition, This is why I need an aupair who will be willing to
stay for minimum period of 6 month(s) or more.
I read your profile on eaupair.com and so wish to crave your
indulgence as regards coming to be a nanny for my Son Peter Who
is 3 years old, so indicate your interest by sending me your updated
resume, recent photos .
person I will be entrusting the care of my only Son.
Please while sending your CV, do ensure that below is encompassed.
1. Full Name
2. Age
3. Country of resident
4. Scan picture for my confirmation and viewing

We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.
Best Wishes
Mr and Mrs Richard Brown
Advertisement

#105883 by Chris Fuller Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:53 am
Subject: To Our Wonderful Aupair

Hello Dear,

We want to let you know that we have received your mail and we are quite delighted to see your positive response pertaining working in our home and we on our own promise that we will ensure that your staying with us will be a memorable one and also there is one of my friend he is from your country and he is staying with his family here in UK perhaps when you come here, i will link you to them for first acquaintance with your people here, Also, we are working with the contract letter which will contain all that you will do while working in my home which when ready, we will send it to you accordingly for perusal and we will then forge ahead on the process of bringing you down here. Also attached herewith is our family picture the only one we have on the internet at the moment. Based on our family desission, We have agreed that you care of peter for about 30hrs a week. You will have weekends free and we will pay you £1,000 pounds per month and 200 pounds weekly for pocket money which we will give to you every Friday.

Regards,

Yours sincerely
Mr and Mrs Richard Brown
For the Family

These photographs are also used in this scam:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=31374&p=102847

Here are two more photos sent by this scammer, who pretends that they are photos of the Brown family.

#124629 by katica5 Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:37 am
I was today on mail from another family had a same pics [email protected]

Hello Dear.

My Name is Dr Richard Solomon an Irish citizen but leaving and working in UK. I saw your profile on at newaupair.com and we have decided that you come and care for my only son Peter. My son is very easy going, likes playing and laughing all the time although must time he is talkative but to something great and important mostly what they taught him at school.

About Our Family

We are a professional couple, living in a big UK city. My Wife and Son is fairly easy going and relaxed persons. Having English as a first language is not much required in fact, we would entertain you speaking to my son in your own mother-tongue sometime so as to create fun.

If you accept to take the position, you would be paid 850GBP monthly with a weekly pocket money of 150GBP. I guess you'd say this is much, but my Company pays us well and I love my only child so much. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate you putting your best in taking care of my son Peter.

Should you accept the offer, we are willing to undertake the full cost of your traveling down here in UK. We would recommend a reputable travel agency immediately here in UK that would process your travel documents because we need you quite soon.

Kindly send an introduction letter about yourself and your current picture for evaluation. You can call me via my mobile phone number +447024021613 so that we would establish a vocal contact with you.

Regards,

Dr Richard Solomon
29B Cobden Hill, Radlett,
Hertfordshire, WD9 2JR,
United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +447024021613

Hello Dearest.

We wish to inform you that you do not know how happy we are receiving your response regarding caring for my only son Peter and want to promise you that your staying with us will be a memorable one.

However, we are working on the contract letter which will encompass all your duties and responsibilities and when ready, we will convey it to you accordingly. Please find attached herewith our family pictures just for your view atleast to know us digitally. Please feel free to ask us any question as we will be delighted to answer you.

We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes

Dr Richard Solomon
29B Cobden Hill, Radlett,
Hertfordshire, WD9 2JR,
United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +447024021613

this adress is not exist or I was dont find it postcode is for central London....
#133692 by Bubbles Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Ingrid. The phone number is a redirect number which allows the user to appear to be in the UK, while they can be in any other place in the world.

The wording used in the email is NOT that of a native English speaker.

The travel agency they will recommend is not a REAL travel agency at all, but is part of the scam.

The other reason it is a scam is that you can NOT move to the UK to be a nanny / au pair. Please read the warnings in this topic area. Do NOT ever send money by Western Union for documents or travel documents. Governments and real businesses do not use money transfer services.

I hope this helps you.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#134731 by nyamnyam Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 pm
I've got an email with the same pictures and with this:

We are looking for an Au pair to come to United Kingdom. We have our
little son Peter that is 3 years old to look after. In our family there
is myself, my wife and our son. My wife and I are both active which
makes us a fun and loving family.

We would like an Au pair to look after our Son Peter carefully and do
light housework when he is asleep That is why we decided to choose
your profile at the site http://www.Aupair Options.com. We would like our Au pair
to be a part of the family during their stay and teach us about their
culture and language in exchange.

We would like an Au pair that is active and outgoing who will be
happy to take Peter outdoors and for walks and talk to him, play with
him and read books,poems with him etc.

If you are interested in our offer kindly write to us soon.

Looking forward to hear from you.

With love.

Mr. James Brown

Also when I asked more about the family he sent this:

Thank you for your mail and we are so happy that you contacted us.

I am James Brown and my wife Sarah Brown alongside with my son Peter who is 3years old. and my Wife a Nurse. I enjoy sports a lot and my wife is a very hard working person. I am handling the search for an Au pair as she has recommended due to her job condition. Meanwhile my son likes visiting the park, friends around, and his favorite meal is vegetable.
We live at 16 Main Street · Hillsborough, Lisburn, United Kingdom · BT26 6AE.Job Description, I will need you to stay with Peter when we are not around and take care of his immediate need.You are also going to help us do some home chores like washing of dishes and Mobbing the floor it’s important that you forms a close bond with Peter and you will become friends. But in general, your evenings will be your own to do what you wish. You are expected to work for 25-30hrs every week (weekends Excluded). Start Date, we are Flexible with your start date so you do write us in your next mail on your details of availability because we need you here as soon as possible and you will be offered 300GBP as your weekly incentives for your Upkeep.
All we require from you is to love and take good care of Peter. My family is indeed a lovely one and will love you to join us as soon as you deem fit to come. We promise you it is going to be a memorable and wonderful time for the family as we have longed for the moment when a lovely Au pair will come and join us.Your bedroom is situated in the attic of our house. The room has a king size bed, under bed storage space, dressing table/desk and chest. You would also have a Wi-Fi Internet Connection and a desktop
It is really important that you enjoy your time in London with us and we would like you to stay for as long as possible. You would be valued and respected as a member of our family. We will be reasonable in our approach to your employment and flexible with any changes to a weekly schedule. We feel that having open communication with you is important and will reward your good work with extra time off whenever we are able to. We work hard but we also like to have fun!
We want to inform you that we are a very busy family, which is why we need an Au pair that will be taking care of our beloved son (Peter).
Hope to hear from you soon.
Mr. James Brown (for the family).
Tel:+447024066469

I've gotten these from [email protected]

I am glad I found this site anyway! I've got already a few scam emails. Fortunately when they talked about the salary I became suspicious so I searched their email or the number they gave me in google and that's how I found this site.
#158873 by butter Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:21 pm
PLEASE BE CAREFUL :bondage: :bondage: RICHARD SOLOMON

General Electric Company UK.

25A Opal Drive Fox Milne

Milton Keynes MK15 0ZR United Kingdom

Hello Dear.

My Name is Richard Solomon an Irish citizen but leaving and working in UK. I saw your profile on thebestaupair.com and we liked it and have decided that you come and care for my only son Bill. My son is very easy going, likes playing and laughing all the time although must time he is talkative but to something great and important mostly what they taught him at school.

About Our Family

We are a professional couple, living in a big UK city. My Wife and Son is fairly easy going and relaxed persons. Having English as a first language is not much required in fact, we would entertain you speaking to my son in your own mother-tongue sometime so as to create fun.

If you accept to take the position, you would be paid 550GBP monthly with a weekly pocket money of 100GBP. I guess you'd say this is much, but my Company pays us well and I love my only child so much. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate you putting your best in taking care of my son Peter.

Should you accept the offer, we are willing to undertake the full cost of your traveling down here in UK. We would recommend a reputable travel agency immediately here in UK that would process your travel documents because we need you quite soon.

Kindly send us an introduction letter about yourself with your full name and address and your current picture for evaluation. You can call me via my mobile phone number +447024034650 so that we would establish a vocal contact with you.

Regards,

Engineer Richard Solomon

E-mail: [email protected]

Tel: +447024034650

Edited to fix coding problems. ~Bubbles
#180875 by amourette Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:52 pm
I got this e-mail some days ago.

Hello Dear.

My Name is Dr Warren B. Richard an Irish citizen but leaving and working in UK. I saw your profile at newaupair.com and we have decided that you come and care for my only son Peter. My son is very easy going, likes playing and laughing all the time although must time he is talkative but to something great and important mostly what they taught him at school.

About Our Family

If you accept to take the position, you would be paid 650GBP monthly with a weekly pocket money of 100GBP. I guess you'd say this is much, but my Company pays us well and I love my only child so much. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate you putting your best in taking care of my son Peter.

Should you accept the offer, we are willing to undertake the bigger part of the cost of your traveling down here in UK. We would recommend a reputable travel agency immediately here in UK that would process your travel documents because we need you quite soon.

Kindly send us an introduction letter about yourself with your full name and address accompanying your current picture for evaluation, after that, we will inform you the next line of action as we really need you urgently.
Regards,
Dr Warren B. Richard
E-mail: [email protected]
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.