Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#118583 by Chris Fuller Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 am
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity; it is a scam. If you are looking for an au pair position in the USA, please read these US Government webpages about the US Au Pair Program:

http://exchanges.state.gov/jexchanges/p ... upair.html

http://j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/

Do not send money to any agency, embassy, lawyer, or other person introduced to you by a potential host family.

Subject: NEED YOUR SERVICE AS A NANNY
Hello,

Good day. My name is Corinne Edmonds, New York, United States of America. My reason for writing you is to request your service as a nanny for my two kids. I am contacting you on behalf of our entire family (my husband, our two children and I). Basic about us you would like to know. Our family can be describe as a place where unconditional love, peace and understanding reign. We don't judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay optimistic and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones.
I work for Toysrus as a sales manager and my husband work as a civil engineer. I am 36years old of age. You might be wondering why we need your service. Due to the nature of my job, I'm not always around. I'll thereby need your service as a nanny for my children. We socialize and fun to be with family looking for an enthusiastic aupair who adores children to spend their days enjoying their company. I look forward to your response to know if you are interested.

Thanks
Corinne

I am grateful for your positive response. Allow me to explain more about your assign duty and also about us.
At first, we reside in 121 South Ave, Staten Island, NY 10303. A nice, quite and calm city. Where we live is just about 25 mins drive from the big city of New York. I am blessed with two lovely kids namely Ashley (she is 9 years old) and James (he his 7 years old)

What you are assign to do or I say your task as a nanny are as follows.
You'll be working 5 to 6 hours a day. You are required to prepare the kids for school and take them to and from school. (that is, take them to school and later go and pick them from school in the afternoon). Care for and stimulate the children both mentally & physically, to ensure their intellectual, physical and social development. Look after their physical well being, encouraging proper use of everything - wash and bath them, help them on how to dress and undress. You are required to spend time with the child, running errands, house cleaning and light cooking is a possibility, but not really a requirement. We prefer someone who will reinforce our desire to teach our children responsibilities and do not expect to undertake the children assigned tasks but instead to find ways to encourage them to complete tasks (I mean not to spoil the kids by doing everything for them).
On weekends (Saturdays) you'll take them out to new places such as beach and other recreational places (You are fully free on Sunday).

When we want you to start and how long.
We did not have a specific date or reference to when you can start. You can start anytime. We would like to have you for not less than two months. It will be nice if you want to stay longer, even if you want to stay for more than a year. Your happiness with us during your stay is more important.

What we plan to offer.
We will be giving you $400 per week (I hope that is enough since we will cater for your feeding. I mean you don't need to buy food from outside). You and the kids will be going for shopping once in 5weeks. We have internet facilities in the house for your use, a private room with your own bathroom. A private car for you in taking the children to and from school provided you know how to drive or willing to learn driving. Getting you a driver's license will not be a problem.

Our interest as a family.
Our interests include the zoo, doing yoga, watching soccer, water skiing, snow skiing, a walk in the park, playdates with friends, arts, literature, traveling, shopping, cinema and taking good care of our children. We love adventure, arts, traveling, soccer, literature, laughter and our wonderful children. My kids are very active wanting a partner to bounce and spin with them. I would want you convince me that you are capable of doing this job to my satisfaction. In a nutshell, we agree to be responsible for the purchase of your plane ticket. I will like to know if you have a working permit and a valid working visa that allow you work legally in Usa? I wait to read back from you soon.

The stolen photographs sent by this scammer, pretending that they are photos of their own family, are also sent when the scammer pretends to be many other host families. You can see this here:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=49498

Advertisement

#119207 by Chris Fuller Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:25 am
The travel company is also fake, and is part of the scam.

Hello

Thanks a lot for your interest. I am so delighted to know of your quality and willingness to take care of my children. For the faster and quicker processing of your working permit document and visa you would have to contact the traveling company that helped my last au pair from Austria. They will process your traveling document very fast and durable. You can contact the traveling company's agent at

E-mail : [email protected]
Agent Name : Mrs Sharon Cross (Agent)

Immediately you contact the traveling company's agent, they will process the document in 15-20 working days and will be dispatched over to your residential address. They will also book an appointment for you at the embassy. They will instruct you on how and when to take the document send to you to the embassy with your passport for your working visa stamp. I got some questions for you which I think will help in having better knowledge about you. Please don't hesitate to answer all the questions below.

How old are you?
Are you married?
What are your academics qualifications?
Do you have certificate to back up your Aupair/Nanny Career?
Do you have kid(s)?
Do you have any allergy?
Do you have any eating disorder?
Do you have pet(s)?
When do you wish to start and for how long?
What are your interests?
Can you send some photo?
Do you have any criminal records?
I would like to see, if possible your Curriculum Vitae (CV) or references.

I will really appreciate if you could answer those questions about yourself. Hope to read from you soon. Take care.

This stolen photograph has also been used in many other scams. You can see this here:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46510

And this stolen photograph was also used when the scammer was pretending to be called Caroline Wright. You can see this here:

viewtopic.php?f=42&p=85561

#119450 by Chris Fuller Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:26 am
Here are two emails from the fake travel company.

Sender: [email protected]
Subject: Dear Applicant

Dear Applicant,

Answer to your inquiry has been attached to this email. We urge you to get back to us with necessary information's for commencement.

Thanks

Best Regards

America International Travels

Mrs Sharon Cross (Agent).

Attached Inquiry.docx reads:

Dear Applicant,

Thanks for the message you sent to us. We really appreciate your effort concerning
working in the United States. Your category of the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program (DS-
2019) allows you as a caring live-in childcare provider between the ages of 18 and 35 to live
as an extended member of your host family in exchange for room, board, and a stipend.
Whilst the main priority of a successful applicant will be to take care of the kids, you
should also have free time to enjoy life in the U.S.
For processing of your J-1 Exchange Visitor Program and Working Permit, We will like
to have some information about you so as for us to start with the processing. You will
have to get back to us with the below information so as for us to go ahead with your visa
application. There won't be problem processing your Traveling Document. Below are the
information's you will have to provide to us:

1. Your Full Name
2. Your Full Address
3. City
4. State
5. Zip code
6. Country
7. Phone Number
8. Sex
9. Date of Birth (D.O.B)
10. E-mail address
11. E-mail address of your Host Family
12. Full Name of your Host Family
13. Scan Copy of your Certificate of Birth
14. Full Home address of your Host Family

Get Back to us with the above Information's for further processing of your Working
Permit and your J-1 Exchange Visitor Program Visa. This will take us up to 20 days at
maximum efficient. Delays depend on you and your host family. We are looking forward
for your quick response.

Thanks

Best Regards

Mrs. Sharon Cross (Agent).

Subject: Attention

Attention:

DIRECT FROM THE BOARD MEMBER OF AMERICA INTERNATIONAL TRAVELS.

We hereby inform you that your information's have been forwarded to your Host Family (Corinne Edmonds) for a proper invitation letter, employment letter and contract agreement from the Local Government Area in the City of your Host Family (Corinne Edmonds).

Once we read back from your host family we make sure proper verification will be carried out and the processing of your J-1 Traveling Document will proceed.

Thanks

Best Regards

#119735 by Chris Fuller Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 am
Here, the scammer is pretending that Corrine is going to a lot of effort to make the au pair's arrival possible. In reality, the same scammer is pretending to be both Corrine Edmonds and the agency, and isn't doing anything - except sending out these scam mails and hoping that they will result in the au pair sending money for the scammer to steal.

Good Afternoon Dear,

Nice to know you have send detail information to the agency. I receive an email from the agency. They need me send this
1) letter of employment, 2) invitation letter and the 3) contract agreement. Hopefully, I should be able to get all this across to them today. I can only go through a bit of stress getting the invitation letter at the local government office. But I will try my best getting it today and if not, then I get it tomorrow and send it across to them. I will get back to you immediately I get it send over to them.
Hope your having a good day. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Good morning,

How are you and how's your night? I hope good. Yesterday, was a very busy day for me, ain't new because am use to it. Just like I promise, I have send across all the document to the agency. I hope they receive it and find it correct. I'm waiting on them to write back with what else we need to provide. I will notify you in case of any news from them. Have a nice day and take good care.
#120845 by Chris Fuller Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:06 am
As stated above, the emails from the fake host family and the emails from the fake travel company are sent by the same scammer. Therefore, the fake host family is certainly not paying anything. Again, this untruth is aimed at making the au pair believe that the family are going to a lot of trouble (and expense) to appoint them.

Subject: Attention

Attention:

DIRECT FROM THE BOARD MEMBER OF AMERICA INTERNATIONAL TRAVELS.

We use this medium and avenue to inform you as we progress in the processing of your document. Your host family has been charged a sum of $131.00 (One Hundred and Thirty One US Dollars) for your (J-1 Exchange Visitor Program (DS-2019) application form. We will apprise you once the payment is made by your host family.

Thanks

Best Regards

#160641 by Aradeea Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:55 pm
Same scammer responds now as Mechelle Brown!!! ([email protected])

I wanted to post it here because I found it a little bit difficult to find if it was a scam or not at first sight, but then I googled part of the text and loads of scam pages like this had the same exact text.
#161984 by jadou Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:25 am
I was on easyaupair.com and a Mechelle Brown wrote me to with this last adress that you post. The agency that wrote me was named : travelamericatour with sarah williams (agent)
#166128 by Swapsies Sat May 18, 2013 8:59 am
Just got an email from Teresa Armstrong [email protected]
Googling the email address brought up nothing but then I googled part of the text and immidieatly found this site.

Here's the email:
--
Hello,

I am Teresa Armstrong, from New York, United States of America. My motive of writing you is to request your service as a nanny for my two kids. I am contacting you on behalf of our entire family (my husband, our two children and I). Basic about us you would like to know. Our family can be describe as a place where unconditional love, peace and understanding reign. We don't judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay optimistic and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones.
I work for Toysrus as a sales manager and my husband work as a civil engineer. I am 36years old. You might be wondering why we need your service. Due to the nature of my job, I'm not always around. I'll thereby need your service as a nanny for my children. We are sociable and fun to be with family, looking for an enthusiastic aupair who adores children to spend their days enjoying their company. I look forward to your response to know if you are interested.

Thanks
Teresa

This is the 7th mothertrucking scam job offer I got this week, I am so effing sick of this. These people dont even put that much thought into it! Does ANYONE seriously fall for these?
#166259 by Bryon Williams Sun May 19, 2013 8:10 pm
Hello Swapsies,

Malaysia and West Africa have a very high percentage of advance fee scams.

[email protected]
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (86% likelihood)
(175.139.10.161)
IP Address: 175.139.10.161
Organization: Tm Net
City: Puchong
Country of Origin: Malaysia

This email address also uses a proxy usloft3309¸serverloft¸com (199.189.84.200)

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#183914 by Lpaskell Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:21 am
The same person has written me the exact same email also saying she is from Staten Island, but these are the details the scammer uses this time:

"Barbara Collins" uses this following address: [email protected]
and the so called "agent" is as follows: E-mail : [email protected]
Agent Name : Mrs Simpson (Agent)

AVOID!
"she" is advertising for an au pair job, so clearly this scammer changes names and job availability
but it pretty lazy with the address.
#195941 by AlanJones Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:09 am
The scammer is now using the name Rebecca Crosby ([email protected]) and the old email address [email protected] for the fake travel agency.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.