Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#167351 by kamajura Thu May 30, 2013 5:08 am
Can you help me is it a scam???
I think it is, but I want be sure.

Dear Au pair,
We are a cheerful and loving family living in London, England. We are looking for an Au pair/nanny who is easygoing and active to look after our lovely 4year old baby son Brian. We are Mr. & Mrs. Cedric Atwood, I work with an Engineering Company here in London-UK and i am not usually at home except during weekends. We require an Au pair/nanny who is caring and fun loving to take care of our son, whilst we are at work .As i am always occupied with work and my wife who is also an international advertising consultant, working with in an oil firm here in the UK. So we are a very busy couple and we do not stay at home regularly, hence the search for an Au pair/Nanny to take good care of our child after school hours.
We are willing to offer you a generous weekly salary of 450GBP and a monthly salary of 1800GBP.(Monday-Friday) . Weekends are your off days, so you can use the opportunity to explore and tour the city. So we require you put in your best. You will also be required to help with some domestic chores around the house. Additionally if you require a live-in position you will be provided with a comfortable room with en-suite, a television, DVD player, internet service and a land line in our home. If you require a live-out position a suitable apartment with same utilities will also be provided. If you are willing to work with us, we will provide you a personal car that you will use here in London-UK. I shall also get you a job here in London-UK where you can earn more money, during morning hours because you will only be taking care of our child after his school hour which is afternoon-evening. Your duty is to take good care of the child, make sure that he does his school home work on time, prepare his lunch etc. You will also be given an opportunity to attend a language school to learn any language of your choice (tuition fee will be our responsibility).
We are a fun loving and caring family, I am sure you will enjoy your stay with us, also your travel cost will also be provided by us. I hope to receive your reply soon along with your resume and some photos of you. warm regards
Mr. Cedric Atwood
Advertisement

#167354 by Dotti Thu May 30, 2013 5:39 am
Your instinct is correct. It is a scam.

The salary is way too high.
There are mistakes in the English that no English author would make.
Many of the lines in this script are copied and pasted from other scripts. For example, you can see much of the script here: http://gdb.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=166736#p166736

Please post the email address this scammer is using.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#167364 by kamajura Thu May 30, 2013 6:34 am
[email protected]

And what abut it?
Hello,

I am Teresa Armstrong, from New York, United States of America. My motive of writing you is to request your service as a nanny for my two kids. I am contacting you on behalf of our entire family (my husband, our two children and I). Basic about us you would like to know. Our family can be describe as a place where unconditional love, peace and understanding reign. We don't judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay optimistic and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones.
I work for Toysrus as a sales manager and my husband work as a civil engineer. I am 36years old. You might be wondering why we need your service. Due to the nature of my job, I'm not always around. I'll thereby need your service as a nanny for my children. We are sociable and fun to be with family, looking for an enthusiastic aupair who adores children to spend their days enjoying their company. I look forward to your response to know if you are interested.

Thanks
Teresa

And their response on my answer:

Hello Dear Joanna,

I am grateful for your positive response. Allow me to explain more about your assign duty and also about us.
At first, we reside in 117 South Ave, Staten Island, NY 10303. A nice, quite and calm city. Where we live is just about 25 mins drive from the big city of New York. I am blessed with two lovely kids namely Ashley (she is 9 years old) and James (he his 7 years old)

What you are assign to do or I say your task as a nanny are as follows.
You'll be working 5 to 6 hours a day. You are required to prepare the kids for school and take them to and from school. (that is, take them to school and later go and pick them from school in the afternoon). Care for and stimulate the children both mentally & physically, to ensure their intellectual, physical and social development. Look after their physical well being, encouraging proper use of everything - wash and bath them, help them on how to dress and undress. You are required to spend time with the child, running errands, house cleaning and light cooking is a possibility, but not really a requirement. We prefer someone who will reinforce our desire to teach our children responsibilities and do not expect to undertake the children assigned tasks but instead to find ways to encourage them to complete tasks (I mean not to spoil the kids by doing everything for them).
On weekends (Saturdays) you'll take them out to new places such as beach and other recreational places (You are fully free on Sunday).

When we want you to start and how long.
We did not have a specific date or reference to when you can start. You can start anytime. We would like to have you for not less than two months. It will be nice if you want to stay longer, even if you want to stay for more than a year. Your happiness with us during your stay is more import_ant.

What we plan to offer.
We will be giving you $400 per week (I hope that is enough since we will cater for your feeding. I mean you don't need to buy food from outside). You and the kids will be going for shopping once in 5weeks. We have internet facilities in the house for your use, a private room with your own bathroom. A private car for you in taking the children to and from school provided you know how to drive or willing to learn driving. Getting you a driver's license will not be a problem.

Our interest as a family.
Our interests include the zoo, doing yoga, watching soccer, water skiing, snow skiing, a walk in the park, playdates with friends, arts, literature, traveling, shopping, cinema and taking good care of our children. We love adventure, arts, traveling, soccer, literature, laughter and our wonderful children. My kids are very active wanting a partner to bounce and spin with them. I would want you convince me that you are capable of doing this job to my satisfaction. In a nutshell, we agree to be responsible for the purchase of your plane ticket. I will like to know if you have a working permit and a valid working visa that allow you work legally in Usa? I hope to read back from you soon.

PS: I did not have skype. But you can follow me on twitter.

Is it another scam?
#167371 by jolly_roger Thu May 30, 2013 8:05 am
Hi kamajura. I wish there was good news but there is not. The very naughty Teresa is a scammer.

The text of: Hello,
I am Teresa Armstrong, from New York, United States of America. My motive of writing you is to request your service as a nanny for my two kids. I am contacting you on behalf of our entire family (my husband, our two children and I). Basic about us you would like to know. Our family can be describe as a place where unconditional love, peace and understanding reign. We don't judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay optimistic and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones.
I work for Toysrus as a sales manager and my husband work as a civil engineer. I am 36years old. You might be wondering why we need your service. Due to the nature of my job, I'm not always around. I'll thereby need your service as a nanny for my children. We are sociable and fun to be with family, looking for an enthusiastic aupair who adores children to spend their days enjoying their company. I look forward to your response to know if you are interested.

Thanks
Teresa
That piece of text has been previously used in a scam dated August of Twenty 12. You can view the text on the page at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=50173
The only difference is the scamartist used a differing name and e-mail address. Yes it is a scam and you would be best served by simply ceasing all contact with the tosser.
#171802 by ferpenuela Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:57 pm
Dear Au pair,
We are a cheerful and loving family living in London, England. We are looking for an Au pair/nanny who is easygoing and active to look after our lovely 4year old baby son Brian. We are Mr. & Mrs. Cedric Atwood, I work with an Engineering Company here in London-UK and i am not usually at home except during weekends. We require an Au pair/nanny who is caring and fun loving to take care of our son, whilst we are at work .As i am always occupied with work and my wife who is also an international advertising consultant, working with in an oil firm here in the UK. So we are a very busy couple and we do not stay at home regularly, hence the search for an Au pair/Nanny to take good care of our child after school hours.
We are willing to offer you a generous weekly salary of 450GBP and a monthly salary of 1800GBP.(Monday-Friday) . Weekends are your off days, so you can use the opportunity to explore and tour the city. So we require you put in your best. You will also be required to help with some domestic chores around the house. Additionally if you require a live-in position you will be provided with a comfortable room with en-suite, a television, DVD player, internet service and a land line in our home. If you require a live-out position a suitable apartment with same utilities will also be provided. If you are willing to work with us, we will provide you a personal car that you will use here in London-UK. I shall also get you a job here in London-UK where you can earn more money, during morning hours because you will only be taking care of our child after his school hour which is afternoon-evening. Your duty is to take good care of the child, make sure that he does his school home work on time, prepare his lunch etc. You will also be given an opportunity to attend a language school to learn any language of your choice (tuition fee will be our responsibility).
We are a fun loving and caring family, I am sure you will enjoy your stay with us, also your travel cost will also be provided by us. I hope to receive your reply soon along with your resume and some photos of you. warm regards
Mr. Cedric Atwood
#171804 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:19 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners ferpenuela,

Please post the email address the scammer used.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#183168 by bubble3 Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:17 pm
I was planning to go , at an au pair , in USA but I find this page maybe before the worst so I want your help .

Hello,

My name is Rebecca Crosby, from New York, United States of America. My motive of writing this missive is to request your service as a nanny for my two kids. I am contacting you on behalf of our entire family (which include my husband, our two children and I). You may like to know some basics about us. Our family can be describe as a place where peace, unconditional love and understanding prevails. We don't judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. Always try to stay optimistic and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones.

I am a sales manager in a Toysrus store. While my husband work as a civil engineer. I am 36years old. You might be wondering why we need your service. As mentioned above, the nature of my job keeps me busy a lot. I'll thereby need your service as a nanny for my children. We are sociable and fun to be with, looking for an enthusiastic au pair who adores children to spend their days enjoying their company. If you are interested, I'll be more than excited to read back from you.

Thanks,
Rebecca.

Hello Dear Marie,

I am grateful for your positive response. Allow me to explain more about your assign duty and also about us.
At first, we reside in 117 South Ave, Staten Island, NY 10303. A nice, quite and calm city. Where we live is just about 25 mins drive from the big city of New York. I am blessed with two lovely kids namely Ashley (she is 9 years old) and James (he his 7 years old)

What you are assign to do or I say your task as a nanny are as follows.
You'll be working 5 to 6 hours a day. You are required to prepare the kids for school and take them to and from school. (that is, take them to school and later go and pick them from school in the afternoon). Care for and stimulate the children both mentally & physically, to ensure their intellectual, physical and social development. Look after their physical well being, encouraging proper use of everything - wash and bath them, help them on how to dress and undress. You are required to spend time with the child, running errands, house cleaning and light cooking is a possibility, but not really a requirement. We prefer someone who will reinforce our desire to teach our children responsibilities and do not expect to undertake the children assigned tasks but instead to find ways to encourage them to complete tasks (I mean not to spoil the kids by doing everything for them).
On weekends (Saturdays) you'll take them out to new places such as beach and other recreational places (You are fully free on Sunday).

When we want you to start and how long.
We did not have a specific date or reference to when you can start. You can start anytime. We would like to have you for not less than two months. It will be nice if you want to stay longer, even if you want to stay for more than a year. Your happiness with us during your stay is more important.

What we plan to offer.
We will be giving you $400 per week (I hope that is enough since we will cater for your feeding. I mean you don't need to buy food from outside). You and the kids will be going for shopping once in 5weeks. We have internet facilities in the house for your use, a private room with your own bathroom. A private car for you in taking the children to and from school provided you know how to drive or willing to learn driving. Getting you a driver's license will not be a problem. We will enroll you for an English class which is necessary but not compulsory (provided you are willing).

Our interest as a family.
Our interests include the zoo, doing yoga, watching soccer, water skiing, snow skiing, a walk in the park, playdates with friends, arts, literature, traveling, shopping, cinema and taking good care of our children. We love adventure, arts, traveling, soccer, literature, laughter and our wonderful children. My kids are very active wanting a partner to bounce and spin with them. I would want you convince me that you are capable of doing this job to my satisfaction. In a nutshell, we agree to be responsible for the purchase of your plane ticket. I will like to know if you have a working permit and a valid working visa that allow you work legally in Usa? I hope to read back from you soon.

and a lot of conversations , so how do I know if they are scammer and they also make me in relation with an agency E-mail : [email protected]
Agent Name : Mrs Simpson (Agent)

I need your expertise quickly , thank you or your help and tell me what I should do now.
#183172 by AlanJones Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm
The first bit of proof that they are scammer is that they have sent you an email that is word for word identical to emails sent by other "families". A real family would not do this.

More proof is that the travel agent is using a free email address.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.