Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#174329 by Kabbe Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:26 am
another new email:

[email protected]------>Ms Andrea (I saw her already here)
the phone number for the Agency she gave:
+1(972)836-7414 but it is fake!!!

they say they are from Agent Aupair. The real Agent Aupair is in SanFrancisco and the email address is [email protected] Should I contact the real agency to tell them about this?They do not use the names, but they are using the forms and logo and address.

It was the same with me. "Host Family" is in Boston, "Agency" in SanFrancisco, and Western Union in Ohio Cincinnati.

How we can catch these terrible people?

They have all the details(passport, real address, real photos) they can be dagerous for us?

thank you very much!
Advertisement

#174375 by Bryon Williams Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:02 pm
Yes, Kabbe this one is also a scam.

It is very hard to catch people using fake names in other countries.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#174376 by noramydog Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 pm
But for example what about the rule: "follow the money"? If we would be able to get their bank account - can we do sth then? (As I understand, they don't write any bank account, they use only Money Transfer services, isn't?) If you have a bank account, it's needed to have more details informations about you...hmm it's less likely it's a fake.
#174378 by Bryon Williams Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 pm
The Scammer will not use his real name nor his personal Bank Account. Scammers often uses unknowing mules/victims to provide Bank Accounts and pick up money from the Transfer Services.

These victims are recruited by the scammer in Employment Scams. They will also be a victim of the scammer.

If you can report the Bank Account quickly you may get your money back. The person using their Bank Account to receive money may or may not ever be arrested. The Police would have to prove he/she was willingly and knowingly stealing/defrauding you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#174403 by noramydog Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:49 am
I can't believe that nothing can be done to catch them. That they're able to do what they want and we're only able to write warnings here...
#174412 by Kabbe Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:10 am
Yes, EXACTLY Noramydog, I agree!!!! It is impossible that we can not do anything. It is very sad, that we have so many victims and the scamers are happy and ALL they do if you realised that you are talking with scamer, they create a new name and keep going, great...!!! And what should we do then?When it is already done, you send money and photos and details of yourself, your passport number, your address???We are not in safe then?

Yes following money, it is a good idea!At the end anyway the scamer gets the money, so somehow it is possible to check all the transactions, from A till B?

When I send them money for example through Western Union and I call the scamer that he/she can go to pick it up, for example I call police or somebody at the same time to be there to catch them, I understand that that poerson is a victim as well, who is picking up the money, but liket this maybe they can start from somewhere and to ask the victim what she/ he is doing there? How they are there, why they are getting this money?Just to ask some questions?Or something I dont know, I am not a police, but they should know!!!Maybe it sounds stupid, but I really believe that it is possible!

I also have a "Host Family" letters, pics, contracts, names who are responsible for pick up the money (like they say: THEIR CASHIER) and also contacts in Nigeria. Also they used two Aupair and Travel agency, one of them is Agent Aupair and one of them is Sta Travel.

If you tell the scam that you know about him, what can happen?Or you dont tell him,just keep going and stringing the scamer on that you will do everything how they want you to do.??

I dont want make them angry, or trouble,but I want them to know that we are not so dumb how they think about us and smiling!!!
I really would like to know if somebody could explain me please, why is it the best way to STOP and DROP every contact with them if you are already know everything!

What is the worst thing that they can do???

Thank you!
#174416 by TerranceBoyce Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:26 am
Your frustration is understood noramydog and in the UK we have scammers posting scam adverts for the sale of vehicles and using UK bank accounts to receive the stolen money. You'd have thought that a UK victim paying money in to a bank account in the UK would be the easiest crime to solve, prosecute and repay the money to the victim. Even in this ideal situation it is almost impossible for the victim to get their money back or the police to make a prosecution. You can imagine how much more difficult it is then if the victim is abroad.

I really have difficulty explaining or justifying why this is so, and I feel ashamed that this happens in the UK, being a UK citizen myself and having worked in banking before I retired. Many of the bank accounts have been opened against fake ID and the criminal has withdrawn the money before you can alert the bank. The money's gone and not even the bank know the identity of the thief.

It's a shocking situation and there are plenty of UK victims who are very unhappy.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#177144 by viljamarja Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:39 am
they cheated me also. i talked with jeffrey carneal from ohio, usa ... I sent 1200$ to agency. a week later agency asked me send still 800$ and I was shocked that what is going on. I asked for my family that what is this...... they said yea those fees are important plaplaaplaa.. i asked for the agenqy to whom i should pay that fee. they answered : Abiola Jamiu, Nigeria. Then i really realized they are all cheaters.......... No i can do nothing. I never get my 1200$ back. ofc i told to police about this. they said that we cant catch them...... I dont know what to do. I was so excited going to Usa. I have been all the summer at work, that i can pay those au pair fees. Im so angry i could kill those people!!!!!!!!! :evil: