Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#175963 by uroboros Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:29 am
The person who introduces himself as Steve Davidson is most cetainly not a genuine man looking for an au pair.

he contacted me on 4th September:
"Dear Candidate, We need someone to love our little boy as much as we do. He is a wonderful child that is not difficult to take care of but as we both work a lot he needs someone in our absence to make us feel confident is taking good care of him. He loves to go to the park and read books and probably loves television a little too much. He loves the water be it the bath or a pool or just sprinklers. We would love to take a vacation occasionally and bring him with us yet be able to also get some time to ourselves.

We love to laugh and just enjoy our time together. We want an au pair who feels like part of the family yet enjoys personal time exploring everything London has to offer.

Send your resume/pictures to us and how soon you can start.

We anticipate your response soon.

Steve Davison."

so the next day i replied:
"Hello,
is your profile on the newaupair.com website? If so, please contact me through the site.
sincerely,
XXX."

on 5th September he wrote:
"Hello XXX! Thanks for your email. I have deleted our au pair on newaupair.com because we don't want too many au pairs contacting us.

To tell you a little about our family, my name is Steve, I am a businessman/car dealer, My spouse Regina is a fashion designer here in London, we are easy going fun loving couple. We are very busy couple, so we want someone who will take good care of Richard in our absence.

Our boy is 4 years old and quite adorable, has no allergy or health issues and he hardly falls ill. He attends a kindergarten school that is near to our residence. We live in a four bedroom house at No 5 Chalton St, London NW1 1HY, UK. You will have your private bathroom/bedroom with internet access if you choose a live-in accommodation. If you want to live-out we shall pay for the expenses. Your salary, duty and information about our offer will be sent to you in a contract letter.

Kindly get back to us with your CV and pictures so we can know more about you.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Mr Steve Davison for the family."

yes, he openly sais he deleted the account because he doesn't want too many girls contact him.....
also note that No 5 Chalton St, London NW1 1HY is not a house, it's a cafe...

so the same day I reply:
"hi,
I'm not interested in your offer since it doesn't come via the newaupair.com website.
sincerely
XXX"

and to my great amusement he writes back:
"Dear XXX,

Hope you are doing great.

Our profile number on newaupair.com is 343040. If you are willing to work for s, send your CV and pictures for our review.

Kind regards.
Steve Davison."

I did log into the newaupair.com site just to see that profile and it's there, set up on the 5th - the day I told them I don't wish to stay in touch. The profile still exists and few people added it to their favourites. I really hope no-one will fall victim to this one.
Advertisement

#176854 by uroboros Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:15 pm
hello, I would like to add some info to Steve Davidson topic.

first of all I told him I wasn't interested anymore and still recieved a "contract letter". I've recieved 3 messages from different people also contacted by Steve Davidson so I wanted to upload the fake contract to warn other girls.

#177787 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:32 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners lisa.sardone,

The person you are in contact with does not have a job for you. He is a scammer trying to steal your money. All the documents, pictures and email are fake.

Here is some tips from the real UK Border Agency. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/scams/

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#209527 by akemirees Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:39 am
Someone named Mr. Adam Gury email: Adam <[email protected]>; sent me a suspicious email that is quite synonymous to the quailifications/ characteristics of Steve Davidson. He said that they are looking for a private tutor for his son. he kept asking for my CV but I was quite suspicious about it. The last email he sent said:

"below are some information about my family and the best way we can work together. we relocate to UK (he said they are from Denmark), because of our business. We live at 44 William Morris House, Margravine Road, W6 8LP London.

My son and wife are very lovely to me and i want the best for them. we love to play, read, take a talk etc.. We are a considerate and a very busy family, who ideally are looking for someone who wants to be ''part of the family''. My son is quite special, in that he is very sensitive, emotional, caring and perceptive for a child of his age - he misses nothing. We need a very Good private teacher, who will bring out time to teach us Good english and give us the best of the english classes.

My son is 3 and full of life.My wife is 31, she is hard working.

In return I offer a private room & full board, shared bathroom with my son in a 4 bedroom home, tv ect. A net salary of up to 800GBP a week is offered, depending on experience.

I will like you to answer the following questions before we make our final decision about offering you the job as our private teacher.
1)what are your aims and objectives in life?
2) why did you decide to become a Teacher?
3) how do you intend to impact positively in my wife and sons life?
4) what kind of person are you(your likes and dislikes)?
5) do you get angry easily?
6)if offered the job as our private Teacher, when would you like to start?
7) what is your full name?
8)Send your CV

Thanks and hope to hear from you. Also Dont worry about your coming we will arrange from here.

Mr Adam"

His message seems harmless but I tried to search for the address he stated but it doesn't match any of the addresses at the william morris house. He also sent me a photo of him and his son and another photo of his son and his wife but the son in those 2 pictures doesn't look the same and I used google search images and sure enough my suspicions were confirmed because the photo he sent appeared on this site.

THESE ARE FAKE PEOPLE. PLEASE BEWARE!!!
#209543 by vonpaso xlura Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:08 am
The lad calling himself Adam Gury is not a Brit or Dane looking for an au pair. He is a native speaker of a Niger-Congo language looking for a victim to scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10