Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#178736 by erwatso2 Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:36 am
For the past 4 weeks I have been emailing back and forth to a family that wants me to work for them, but they wanted me to send the contract to [email protected]. I saw that this is not right, and that this could be fake. I will post a couple emails they have sent me:

Hello Erika,

Glad hearing from you and thanks for your interest in looking after our child. We hope our communication will be a success. Briefly about our family, I work as an investment consultant while my husband is an engineer. Due to our schedule, we need someone to look after our child. She is a lovely little girl. She is active and very cheerful.

We live in a four bedroom duplex, Knightsbridge in London. You shall have your private room well furnished.Your duty is basically to look after Evie and assist with light house chores. Get her ready for school, prepare her meals, take care of her laundry and other activities to make her happy. You are to work a maximum of 25hours weekly.The weekends are off but you are welcome to spend it with us if you like. You will be paid 400GBP weekly.

Get back to us with your CV. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Emily Cooper

Also, here is the one of the email they told me to send the signed contract back to:

Hi Erika,

Hope you are fine. We have signed and attached a copy of your contract offer and invitation letter prepared by our attorney. You are required to carefully go through it, sign and send a copy to the UK Home Office, via email [email protected] for the immediate processing of your application. We have submitted your details to the Home Office. Have a nice weekend and keep us posted.

Sincerely,

Emily Cooper

Please help me figure this out!!
Advertisement

#178753 by massycla Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:53 am
i'm scared is a fake. read my topic on: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=76968

see if there's some similar mail they sent to me too. they told me they will pay me 400GBP per week.
it's a fake!!!
wait for the contract and then they will ask you money (550 pounds ) for the immigration services as a deposit. it's a fake!

let me know....
CLaudia
#178766 by jolly_roger Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:39 am
There is nothing to figure out erwatso2. I'm sorry the trickster has wasted your time. There is and never has been a Emily or a 'family' wanting your services. The trickster has been hoping to fool you in believing the false story so they could take your money under false pretences. If you could publish the e-mail address of the scammer and any other info would be beneficial.
And welcome to the forums.
#184652 by Con Warner Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:45 am
This scammer is currently using the email address [email protected] , before directing you to the email address [email protected] from which you will receive a fake visa application and a request to make payment to a friend or relative in order to show that you have the funds available.

UKBA do not work this way. If you make the payment and show him the evidence, he will steal your hard earned money!

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
#184728 by jolly_roger Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:35 am
Looks like the scammer is using the old engineer.com address which has made numerous appearances in the forums previously. Such addresses are available from mail.com which is simply a free e-mail account like yahoo etcetera. The mail.com site provides its users with a large selection of more than 300 unique domains to pair with their desired address at no cost. Users can choose a domain of their choice.
For example USA.com and Canada.com as well as many other geographically focused domains are available also.
Users who want an email address to communicate their profession can select from a wide range of professionally focused domains such as Doctor.com, Lawyer.com, Publicist.com, Engineer.com, and Consultant.com.
And sadly, scammers use this email provider for all the wrong reasons.