Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#179999 by Meickie Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 pm
Hi.
I'm looking for job as Au pair in UK.
I received emails from 3 different families, who deleted their profile right after they contacted me. They all offered too much money (about 100GBP per week + 1000GBP per month). The first one I found on this web page (thank you guys), for the second one I had really bad feeling, so I didn't respond, but the trid one sent me pictures of him and his daughter and asked me to see him on skype. So we skyped yesterday. I saw him and his daughter on skype and we had an interview there. I was still a bit suspicious, because some things didn't seem right, but I thought that I might be just a bit paranoid for no reason.
Today he sent me this email:

Dearest ....,

Hope you had a wonderful day? Here is the contract letter i promised
to send today please read carefully sign and send to the UK Home
Office to enable the approval of your aupair placement.

You have to print the letter sign then send to the home office email
address [email protected]

Best regards.

+ Employment Letter

Is this scam?
Do genuine families ever want you to send employment letters to ukba? (I'm from EEA, so I don't need Visa.)
Advertisement

#180006 by Mike Wilson Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:05 pm
Hello Meickie,
Welcome to Scamwarners and thank you for posting this information as it will help others avoid losing money to this scam.

The email address, [email protected] , is a fake used by the scammer in an attempt to look official so that he can steal money from you. Official UK border agency addresses end in gov.uk .

If you have any additional questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#205381 by msdonna Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:26 am
Hi Meickie

May i ask who is the name of the "host family" ? Your story is the same as mine, Mr. Carroll Abner just sent me the letter of employment. He is also a single Dad and we had skyped interview with his daughter Brandy last Monday and today he sent the contract.

He did not ask me for any money (yet) but the contract is asking for my name, address and bday. I am wondering what did you do and what happened at your end during this "employment" .
I hope to talk to you for the host family is waiting for the signed contract. I am worried for the details i will give. Pls contact me anyone who can advice me and with the same story through my email: Please use PM (Personal Message)

Thank you

msdonna
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
#205391 by AlanJones Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:44 pm
^^^There is no "employment" as the person you are dealing with is a scammer and is just looking to steal your money.

Please read the sticky thread at the top of this forum that has links to the official websites detailing the requirements and procedures for au pair visas for a number of popular countries.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#226608 by Chanz Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:25 pm
Hi there, i have recently been in contact with a host family over the past two days. already he has sent me a contract letter to which i have to sign, scan and send back to his email account. His name is mr fred chamberlain. he has sent me pictures of himself, his wife and 4 year old son (benjamin)... Originally i had not sent him an introduction message on the site im registered with EASYAUPAIR.COM , instead he contacted me first. the contracted letter has a stamp which says " home office uk border office agency. it's my first time as an au pair, i would like to know if this is a scam? they are offering me 450GBP a week.
#226611 by AlanJones Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:54 pm
It is a definite scam - the UK Government does not get involved in stamping employment contracts and you would not be earning anything like £450 a week as an au pair.

Please read the sticky thread at the top of this forum that has links to the official websites detailing the requirements and procedures for au pair visas for a number of popular countries.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.