Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#182121 by AlanJones Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:46 am
This is a fake au pair scam. There is no au pair job, just a scammer looking to steal your money by way of fees for visas etc.

Dear Au pair

The site http://www.eaupair.com recommended you to me as a future employee/Au pair.

If you are interested in the offer kindly send me your CV and photos.

Your sincerely
Howells

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#182127 by AlanJones Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 am
Email from the scammer.

Dear Au pair

How are you? I hope all is well.

I am happy with your mail and your CV and photos are amazing and i want you to tell me about you and your family, what are your experience with kids. We live in London UK.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards
James

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#182131 by AlanJones Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:12 am
Another reply from the scammer and some stolen photos that he uses.

Dear Au pair

Thanks for your mail, how are you? I hope all is well.

I am so happy with your response to my mail; your a beautiful lady and i believe you will take good care of my daughter also she will learn from you the little you have said about you is impressive and you have a lovely family, I will like to tell you about my family and job offer.

We live in a conducive place in London is a large city .I am married but lost my wife last year, we have a girl, she is very lively and enthusiastic and as such we want someone to be energetic and hard working. I am a Contractor and am always busy with work and my wife was a Nurse before she passed on, I would love to find a special person to share our house with and help me raise my kid in a good way someone who will love my kid like his/her own .Although there is a sports center on site for gym and swimming .And am home around 8pm due to the nature of my job .My kid is 3years old and she is Sophia.

We Speak English we need an Au pair who will love to learn English or know how to speak English, also teach us your language .My kid go to school from 7.30am to 4pm The school is 10 to 15 minutes drive from our house and she goes by their school bus. My kid has activities horse riding, tennis, and also loves painting, skipping, swimming etc. I would like you to get her ready for school, And after school either play with her, help her do her home work, make her observe her siesta. I would also like you to prepare dinner so that we can a taste of your native food, wash her dirty clothes and have the kid ready for bed. I am looking for someone who shows initiative, likes sport / outdoor activities, has patience with children, makes her laugh and teach her good morals and behaviours.

I will be paying you 1200pounds per month and pocket fee of 100pounds weekly and you will be working for 35 hours per week and your weekend are free, you can visit your friends if you have any and be visited also, I will enroll you into a language class which you will be attending during the weekend also I will want you to stay from 1-18months if you can.

I will visit the immigration sector in-charge of Au pair placement here in UK to know what is required to secure your placement here in my home as an Au pair and also get a contract letter of employment for you and if you have any question please ask me.

I will get back to you soon

Have a lovely day
James.

#182222 by AlanJones Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:45 pm
Another response from the scammer with a fake contract.

Dear XXX

How are you? i hope all is well.

I attach to this mail a copy of the contract letter of employment for you, i advice you read and understand the terms and conditions of the offer then sign it and send a copy to me for documentation and procession of your application.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards
James

The email address used by the fake Home Office is [email protected].

#182782 by AlanJones Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:45 pm
Dear xxx

I am happy to hear from you and I just received the signed contract letter also I have forward it to the immigration solicitor in charge of Au pair placement for further instruction regarding your application.

My sophia is so anxious to meet now you have accepted my offer.

Keep me updated.

James.

#182940 by AlanJones Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:54 pm
Email from the fake home office lawyer [email protected]

ATTENTION APPLICANT:

Contained in the attachment are the steps you and your employer have to take in order to legalize your Contract here in the UK.

With regards to this issue; your employer has confirmed the originality of your contract and will have to provide his own part of the requirements.

The HOME OFFICE confirmed to me that your employer will paid the fees stipulated in the attachment for the certificate of sponsorship, registration of your application and your flight ticket, we will book your flight and send you the ticket together with other documents as soon as we have received the required documents needed from you for verification.

Find the attached to this mail, the requirements needed from you by the UK Border Agency for the procurement of your application.

To that effect, I request that you should provide me with the necessary requirements so as to enable me proceed further and meet up with given time.

Kindly co-operate with us so as to enable us serve you better and for further enquiry contact barrister in charge of your application.

Thanks and Best Regards.
Barrister Danielle Cohen Esq

Attached were a legitimate UK Border Agency form and a fake PDF with the following content

UK IMMIGRATION SECTOR, HOME OFFICE (UK BOADER AGENCY), TROCOLL HOUSE, WAKERING

ROAD, BARKING IG11 8PD, LONDON, UK

The information contained in this document constitutes confidential information. The information

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. You are hereby notified that any

dissemination, distribution or copying of this document by anyone than the intended recipient is

strictly prohibited.

02-12-2013

ATTENTION APPLICANT: XXX

We wish to confirm the receipt of your file/document from your employer through

Barrister Danielle Cohen and to notify you that we have queued in your file for

processing of which the UK Border Agency must be approved by the UK Employment

Authorization (UKEA).

We have received your signed contract letter and we have commenced immediately with

the processing of your Application so as to meet up on time but you will have to provide

all the necessary requirements listed below.

We have noted the content of the contract offered to you by your employer Mr. James

Howells and we are hereby to clarify you more on the requirements and steps that

govern your employment. We are aware that you as a non-EU national of a country

(Argentina) which is not in the European Economic Area (EEA), you do need our

permission under the Immigration Rules to enter or remain in the UK.

XXX

Non-EU nationals do need visa to come down to UK and all migrants’ entry into UK

must show that she/he is financially capable to live and work here in UK without

avoiding in illegal activities.

If you are an EU national and you want to work as an employee in UK.

You will be exempt from the requirement to obtain authorization to work in the UK if

you have leave to enter under the Immigration Act 1971 and that leave does not place

any restrictions on taking employment in the UK or if you have been working with

permission, and without interruption, in the UK for a period of 12 months ending on or

after 31 December 2006.

The UK Home Office will exercise its full powers to perform its responsibility to regulate entry into

UK, by:

? Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to support the applicant entry into United

Kingdom for business or pleasure throughout the duration or validity of the stay.

? Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to pay the applicant’ salary as of when due

by purchasing the Certificate of sponsorship as stated below.

? Ensuring that the applicant has the minimum stipulated financial requirement for upkeeps

before been paid for the first month by showing the proof of sufficient fund of the stated

amount below.

? Ensuring that the applicant is eligible to live, work and carryout activities or domestic job

in United Kingdom legally.

? Ensuring that the sponsor has a home for the applicant to stay.

? Ensuring that the applicant is medically fit to live and work in UK.

Employer, NOTE:

The following fees need to be provided by the employer for us to acknowledge the contract

agreement and the application.

1. The booking of your flight will be after receiving all other needed documents, which

should be approximately 1520GBP.

2. Purchase of the mandatory Certificate of employment/Sponsorship which is 2310GBP. This

Certificate is the proof that the Employer has the necessary funds pay your monthly salary

as of when due.

3. Purchase and procurement of applicants’ work permit.

Applicants, NOTE:

In addition to proving your right to work before starting employment, nationals from

XXX are subjected to additional requirements below;

Applicant is required to provide as follows.

*Two recent passport size photographs of yourself.

*Your current passport or ID Card. If you last entered the UK on a previous passport or travel

document, please also provide this document if you have it

*A scanned copy of deposit slip of 675GBP (Great Britain Pounds) as your Proof of sufficient fund

made through Money-Gram.

This is to show that you are financially capable to live, work and take care of yourself

without avoiding in illegal activities. It is also to eradicate liabilities and illegal migrants

from entry into UK.

NOTE: You are to make the deposit in your name as directed by the Home Office for your

security reasons so that you will be the one to retrieve it back after 24 hours of

verification from any location. You are not paying or sending money to anyone.

WARNING: THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY FORM OF ALTERATION IN THE RECEIPT

DEPOSIT INSTRUCTION:

SENDER’S NAME: ANY OF YOUR SELECTED NEXT OF KIN OR RELATIVES THAT DOES NOT

BEAR THE SAME SURNAME WITH YOU

RECEIVER’S NAME: YOUR NAME.

PAYOUT COUNTRY: UNITED KINGDOM

AMOUNT: 675GBP (SIX HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FIVE) GBP

Kindly adhere to instructions so as to serve you better.

CC: Mr. James Howells.

Barrister Danielle Cohen Esq,

UK IMMIGRATION SECTOR,

HOME OFFICE (UK BORDER AGENCY).