Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#182215 by springdniven Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:38 am
HELP! Is this a scam? I've received her mail in oct and just reply to it. She seems to be genuine but what makes me doubt it is when she didn't write my name in her initial mail and there's no my email in To space. So please help me!

Kate Lockett
To Kate Lockett
Oct 9
Hello Au pair,

How are you doing, hope you are having a wonderful time and i hope this mail will find you in good health.

I am a British Lady and a single parent by name Kate Lockett, I am living and working in London UK.
My best friend recommended me to look for an Au pair who will take good care of Cherry my only daughter. My friend advised me to search for an Au pair through www.aupair4you.eu because she was very lucky to employ an Au pair whom she selected from the site and she suggested the Au pair site to me and advise me as well to try this experience because she is comfortably living with her Au pair, so i have decided to select you from the Au pair site www.aupair4you.eu believing that it is going to be a wonderful experience and to the best of Cherry's comfort and exchange of culture and knowledge as she grows.

I have my own house here in London so your accommodation will not be a problem, i am living comfortably with Cherry therefore all i want from my new Au pair is to take Cherry like a sister and take good care of her as well. I have a nice job because i'm working with a reputable company, so your benefits will never be a problem to me.

I hope i have made the right choice by selecting you, believing that you will not disappoint me. If you are interested and willing to join us as Cherry's Au pair then kindly get back to me, i will be so glad to receive your positive response.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Kind regards.

Kate.

when i respond to that she wrote me this,

Kate Lockett
To Me
Today at 9:09 PM
Hello Au pair,

Hope this mail finds you in good health?

I am pleased and over whelmed to receive your response. As i told you earlier i am a single parent living with Cherry my only daughter and i adore Cherish so much even my parents doesn't joke with Cherry, they communicate with me every day to know how Cherry is doing. My parents lives in Manchester while i live with Cherry in a house my father bought for me, located in KING STREET LONDON because i'm his only daughter and he loves me so much, he always wants me to visit them in Manchester always but due to my job engagement i do visit them ones in a while. My name is Kate Lockett with my daughter Cherry Lockett who is 2 years old, Cherry is a fun and a loving daughter, i cherish her and plays with her, i always do things that will make her happy and i have a small garden where i plays with Cherry.

All this while my good friend has been telling me to look for an Au pair to take care of Cherry so i decided to adhere to her advise and i believe it is going to be a wonderful experience, the period of your stay is not a problem to me, all i want is to testify this experience and know how it goes. I have informed my parents about this and they are very very happy, my mother said to me that it is a good idea and i'm so excited that they supported me in this experience. I am doing all this just to make Cherry happy because she is my Angel and she is all i have for now therefore all i want from my new Au pair is to love and take good care of Cherry, my daughter is a lovely girl, she doesn't disturb, she is not suffering from any kind of sickness, she is in good health and i'm also in good health too.

In my house i have a separate one bed room flat which is also located in my house therefore your accommodation would be a live in apartment and since i'm in contact with you i will start arranging the room to be in order before your arrival. Every week i will be given you £160 as your weekly pocket money for your upkeep also i will take care of your meals and please if you have any need don't hesitate to tell me when i'm back from work if it is a need i can solve then i will solve it. I have my own private car and i also i have a bicycle it will not be necessary for you to drive because i have only one car and i normally drive it to work but my bicycle is always available, you can use it if you like but if you don't like ridding bicycle there is no problem with that OK! i'm just telling you for you to know.

I believe with this few description of my family, you have had a little picture of my family, you will see things by yourself when you arrived because seeing is believing, i promise you that i will take you as part of us not only as an Au pair but as my sibling as well and in the same time i would appreciate if you can love, take good care of Cherry and take her as your little sister.

Please if you have any question just feel free to ask me, is just that i'm always busy but i will try my best to attend to you as soon as i can.

Kindly get back to me as soon as you read this mail so that i will know your final decision and opinion.
Cherry says Hi Hi Hi to you.

what should I do? :(
Advertisement

#182216 by AlanJones Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:41 am
Hi and welcome to Scamwarners.

It is a definite scam - the language used is that of a West African and not a natural English speaker.

In addition if you Google the phrase "I am a British Lady and a single parent by name", you will see numerous other scammers all using the same format but different names.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.