Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#182450 by salomegourion Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:43 am
it is a scam ?

Dear Au-pair Salome ,
How are you doing ? sorry for my late reply , i have been very busy with duties that is why i have not contacted you for a while now , I have contacted my lawyer concerning your employment , i have discussed with my lawyer and concluded to pay a total monthly salary of 1400GBP to you with a weekly allowance of 150GBP, I live in GREENWICH LONDON. . Your duty is to take good care of my kids , bath them , make their meals ,take them to parks and to cinema , wash and iron . you are there to make them happy all times. You will live in my house in your own room and have your personal television and internet, you will also have weekends off.
you will work 23 - 27 hours weekly.
you can call me okay , +447031907945.

My lawyer demanded that you should provide answers to the following interview questions ,

1: What are your interest?
2: What activities do you normally engage in during your leisure?
3: What is your main occupation now?
4: Who do you stay with in your country?
5: Are you married?
6: Do you have younger siblings?
7: What is your religion and do you practice it?
8: What is your current working class?
9: Do you have past Au-pair experiences well enough?
10: How is your relationship with kids?
11: Do you smoke or drink alcohol?
12: Do you suffer from any kind of sickness?
13: Where are you staying currently?
14: Do you have UK working documents?
15. what duration would you want to work as an Au-pair here in the UK

Hope to hear from you soon.

after that he send me this:

Dear Au-pair Salome ,
How are you doing? Hope your family is doing well? i also hope you will get to our country safely without problems. I want to let you know that i am very happy to see the kind of commitment you have towards this work you are called to do. I have discussed with our family's attorney concerning your work application and he has explained some few important things to me. He explained that you don't necessarily need a visa to come work here in UK with the fact that your country is among the European Union . You will need to get your National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card just to legalize your work status here to avoid the family or you having problems with the Government due to the fact that i am not a citizen of the United Kingdom.. He instructed you should forward a copy of your international passport and passport photograph including your C.V so he can assist you in getting those documents soon under my own expenses. His email address is ([email protected]) Explain to him that you are from the Dane's family for Au-pair work. Once he gets back to you, then you let me know. The family is really happy about your employment.
Once you contact my lawyer you will ask him to start preparing your contract okay.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Nicholas Dane.
Advertisement

#182451 by AlanJones Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:45 am
Yes it's a scam - unrealistic salary, +4470 redirect phone number and their own personal barrister (who uses a free email address).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.