Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#184495 by racemo Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:33 am
Hi everybody,

site: starexchange.eu
So how do I understand if they are real?
any help would be great
thank you :)

I hope this is the right section
Last edited by racemo on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Advertisement

#184496 by AlanJones Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:49 am
The website was registered on 19.11 and gives no phyisical details of the registrant, just a googlemail email address.

The site also has no physical contact details such as address of phone number.

They also have a lengthy registration form that asks a lot of personal questions, which isn't secure.

Not a site that I would be wanting to enter my details on, but I can't comment on whether it is a scam or not.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#184497 by racemo Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 am
thank you for your reply. Yes I also found out the registration date and noticed the poor contacts. I really don't know what to do :?
#184507 by Michael Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:26 am
I've poked around a bit and at first sight I can't find much wrong with it. The common method in au pair scams is to let the victims pay for a visum or other travel documents. Nowhere on the site it mentions fees like this and the procedure described here looks accurate to me. Yes, it's a recent one-year registration which always makes me take a second look but that's it, really.

If it is a scam, I can't find their angle. It certainly doesn't look like the common au pair scam we encounter here. I'd say go for it with caution :)

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#184509 by racemo Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:01 am
hi michael thank you for you answer. I read carefully the pages and I see that they offer skype calls with the families. I really don't know. I think I'll talk again with this student and try to clear my doubts.

Thank you for your help