Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#184679 by AlanJones Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:44 pm
This is a fake au pair job scam. There is no job, just a scammer looking to steal your money.

How are you doing today? I am very sorry for my late reply. I will
like you to send me your C.V so that my family will go through it
carefully and know you better. Kindly get back to me as soon as
possible. Have a nive time .

Mr. Peter Boyd.

How are you doing today? I am very sorry for my late reply. I will
like to let you know that the Family has taken time to discuss the
application concerning your employment and we have decided to give you
a try but your diligence and commitment to this work is highly needed
as that is very important to the family. But firstly, I will love to
tell you a little about me and maybe the family as well. My names are
Peter Boyd and I am currently working here in London, under the U.S
Army Regiment Special Recruit. I stay with my two lovely kids, and
also with my father, excluding my wife. Berta is a boy and he's 3
years old while Marti is a girl and she's 2 years old. My wife died few
months ago from car accident and ever since I have been alone with our
beloved children and my father. As you read on this mail I don’t have
any wife now and I work throughout everyday. My father doesn’t need
any caregiver and he is 65years old now. I make sure my children
attend close school here in London. I and my father will like you to
join us soon if everything goes well. We need your services here
because I and my father are always busy with work and therefore spend
less time with the children as we don't usually attend to them when
they need us the most and also my father is planning to go back to the
United State Of America this December. We are very fond of these kids
and want nothing but the best for them. We will need you to try your
possible best to form a good relationship with these kids once you
come over as they always love getting attached to someone always. They
are very fond of friends and playful as well. They love visiting the
parks and cinemas during weekends and they also spend most time out in
the pool as they love to swim a lot. We stay in 8-11 Pollen Street
London UK, W1S 1NG. Your job schedule and details are very simple and
we will love you to follow these details as that is also important.
You will have to work for a minimum of 25 hours weekly and will be
given weekend off. Your duties are just to take care of the kids alone
and attend to their immediate needs like helping them in running
little errands, help them in bathing, preparing them for school in the
mornings and also taking them out for field walks and parks. We will
really appreciate your commitment to this work and will offer you
1800GBP for your monthly salary with a weekly incentive of 100GBP for
upkeep. Your stay here in London will be for a minimum of 3 months and
maximum of 1 year and can be extended depending on your willingness
and commitment to the work. We have also made arrangements for your
bedroom preparation as you will be a live-in Au-pair by staying with
us in our family house here in Pollen Street. I will need to get a
reply from you soon so we can start making arrangements for your
arrival on the European Visa. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mr. Peter Boyd.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#184782 by AlanJones Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:35 pm
I have received your email. I will have to contact my lawyer to make
some enquiries on your visa procession and also get back to you as
soon as I got reply from him. Have a nice time.

Mr. Peter Boyd.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#184918 by AlanJones Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:39 am
How are you doing today? I will like to inform you that I have already
contacted my lawyer and he also
instructed you, to contact him as soon as possible. Here are his
name, Barrister Cunningham Young and also his email is
[email protected]. I will advise you to contact him
immediately because his, the lawyer that I assigned
to assist you in any of your travelling documents.
Kindly get back to me as soon as you have contacted him. Meanwhile,
here are some of my family photos. Have a nice time!

Mr. Peter Boyd.

A number of these photos have been used by another au pair scammer calling himself Christopher Dane viewtopic.php?f=42&t=79183#p183824

#184950 by AlanJones Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:37 pm
How are you today? Barrister Cunningham Young informed me that he has
received your mail. He also informed me that he will have to contact
the Agency here on Monday, so to know the necessary requirement on
getting you UK visa. He promised to inform you and I as soon as he has
contacted the Agency on Monday. So right now all we have to do, is to
wait for Barrister Cunningham Young's reply. Have a nice Weekend.

#185688 by AlanJones Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:49 pm
Email from fake barrister [email protected]

Hello Applicant XXX,
your employer Mr. Peter Boyd has already briefed me on your application and I have already made inquiries yesterday at the Agency concerning your Application. I want to inform you that Au-pairs from your country Argentina are no longer issued visa to come work here in London. The Agency advised we should process either a tourist visa or a full employment work visa for you. From my own legal advise, a full employment work visa will be the best and the most convenient due to the fact that it has a duration of 1 year. I implore you to send a scanned copy of your international passport and photograph in order for me to forward to the Agency here in London and apply for a working visa for you with the sponsorship of your employer due to your employer informed me that he will take care of your whole travel documents procession. They will be the ones to assist you in processing and approving your work permit and employment work visa. Also your employment work visa and work permit will be processed using your original international passport details. And also your employment work visa and work permit will be transferred to your current location which is Argentina by the Agency once it has been processed and approved. So I shall advice you to send me your passports as soon as possible.
Barr. Cunningham Young.

#186205 by AlanJones Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:56 am
It's my pleasure to receive your scanned passport and picture. I shall need to visit the Agency as soon as possible and also get back to you immediately. I shall need to let you know that your employer Mr. Peter Boyd traveled to Cyprus and shall be back on Tuesday. I will inform him through his e-mail as soon as possible so to keep him updated on your Application. What I need from you is to wait on my reply. Have a happy new year!

Barr. cunningham.

#186588 by AlanJones Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:53 am
Hello Applicant XXX,

I have already forwarded your Application to the Agency and I was promised that they shall contact you soonest. So all I need from you, is to wait for the Agency to contact you. Meanwhile, I wrote to your employer today and he informed me that tomorrow he shall be back from Cyprus and also visit me, to know how your Application is going. Make sure you contact me as soon as the Agency contacts you. Good Day.

Barr Cunningham Young.

#187024 by AlanJones Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:01 am
My beloved employee, how are you doing today? I will like to inform
you that ever since December, I have been in Cyprus and that have been
why I haven't written you. I am writing you to inform you that I am
back from my travel and also my kids are saying HAPPY NEW YEAR to you.
My lawyer informed me that he has received your international passport
and also your passport photograph, which he instructed you to send. He
also informed me that he has already forwarded your Application to the
Agency and the Agency informed him that they will contact you today. I
will like you to keep me updated once you receive any e-mail from the
Agency OR from my lawyer. Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Mr. Peter Boyd.

#187424 by AlanJones Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:13 pm
Hi, yes I had a nice time in Cyprus. I hope you are doing fine? I received a mail from my lawyer and he informed me that your visa and work permit is in procession. My lawyer also informed me that the Agency sent you some documentations which you have already replied with your filled Application Form and still remaining. My lawyer informed me that if you can't complete the remaining document which was instructed by the Agency to do, your visa and work permit papers meant not be ready. So I will advise you to go through the documents again carefully and get back to the Agency and my lawyer, and also get back to me. My children have been asking, when will be your arrival date and I informed them that you will soon join us. Kindly make sure you follow up the instructions given to you by the Agency. If you are having any problem I will advise you to contact my lawyer, as I will be so busy here with work. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice time.

Mr. Peter Boyd.

#187548 by AlanJones Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:35 pm
How are you doing today? I hope things are good for you.
I have contacted barrister Cunningham Young and he informed me that the UK Border Agency are still waiting to receive your deposit transaction document (Eligibility Test) so they can start your Visa and Work Permit procession as soon as possible. You know we don't have any time, so you have to hurry up and contact the UK Border Agency so that they can be able to approve and start the procession as soon as possible. Inform me and my lawyer as soon as you make the deposit before sending the deposit transaction document to the UK Border Agency. I want to try my possible best and make the necessary arrangement for what the Agency demanded from my own side today so we can make sure your documents get ready. Meanwhile I need you to mail me so I can know the situation of things on your own side concerning this application. Also my lawyer informed me that the deposit that the Agency instructed you to make is a refundable and it’s to prove yourself that you are capable of taking care of yourself at least one month before you start receiving your first month salary from us. That has been the reason why you’re instructed to make the deposit by using your name as the receiver and any of your relative’s as the sender’s name and the amount is 955GBP, and the deposit must carry out in any of the money transfer Agency (Money Gram OR Western Union). My lawyer also let me understand that the verification process will only take 24 hours and after that you can also have your money back in your country. You have to follow up the instruction and kindly get back to me as soon as possible. Hope to hear from you soon. MY FAMILY LOVES YOU.

Mr Peter Boyd.

#187549 by AlanJones Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:37 pm
Emails from the fake UK Border Agency [email protected]

WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR APPLICATION FORM YOUR SOLICITOR. WE ARE TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR VISA AND WORK PERMIT WILL BE READY AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE A POSITIVE RESPONDS FROM YOU. HERE WE ATTACHED YOU YOUR VISA/WORK PERMIT APPLICATION FORM WHICH YOUR EMPLOYER HAS ALREADY PAYED FOR. ALSO WE ATTACHED YOU YOUR ELIGIBILITY TEST DOCUMENT TO GO THROUGH IT CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU GET BACK TO US WITHIN THE GIVEN TIME FRAME WHICH IS 24 HOURS. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH ANY OF THE DOCUMENT KINDLY CONTACT YOUR SOLICITOR FOR MORE INFORMATION. WE AWAIT FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

Attached was a real visa application form and a fake "eligibility test document":

The UK Home Office is responsible for securing the UK borders and controlling migration in

the United Kingdom. We manage border control for the UK, enforcing immigration and

customs regulations. We also consider applications for permission to enter or stay in the UK,

citizenship and asylum.

Disclaimer:

The UK Home Office wishes to authoritatively inform applicants seeking for

immigration status into the UK not to make any payments for processing of Work

Permit, Visa and/or Expatriate Quota Approval. Approval for entry (Visa) into the UK is

executed by the Nearest British Embassy or Consulate within the applicants country of

residence or location after certification and issuance of Visa Approval to the applicant

by the UK Home Office as at the time of application. EU Applicants please apply for

National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card only.

The UK Home Office will exercise its full powers to perform its responsibility to regulate entry

into the UK, by:

• Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to support the applicant

entering the UK for Business or Pleasure throughout the duration of the validity

of the Entry Visa.

• Ensuring that the applicant, has the minimum stipulated financial requirement to

earn the needed points for Entry/Work Approval, going by the new point-based

system for immigration in 2014

• Ensuring that the applicant is eligible to Live, Work and carry out business

activities in the UK legally.

The new points-based system (PBS) is the biggest shake up of the immigration system for 45

years.

Under the new system, migrants will need to pass a points-based assessment before they

receive National Insurance Number, Work Scheme Card and supporting paperwork for the

UK. It will help UK businesses recruit the skills it needs from abroad and assure the British

public that only the skilled migrants will need to come to the UK. The role of

employees/migrants with qualifying financial base is crucial to its success.

We would like to acknowledge receipt of your application for National Insurance Number and

Work Scheme Card. Boyd’s Family is your Host in the UK and shall fulfill necessary hosting

requirement to support your application in due course.

National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card would be issued to you before you

can work after appropriate registration with the Social Service Bureau to fulfill 2014

requirements for applicants coming to work in the United Kingdom as Au pair

Apart from sponsorship from UK Based Employers, workers in Social Service Category

(i.e Au pair, Babysitter, Nanny) coming to live and work in the UK for at least the

stipulated contract duration are mandated to have a minimum of £955GBP, which is the

stipulated financial requirement/basic applicant insurance allowance that must be in

possession of the applicant/employee into the UK. You must be able to demonstrate

that you have funds to support yourself. This is to certify that you can be responsible

for your maintenance as mandated by UK Insurance policies to protect and secure au

pairs financially. The mandatory insurance allowance for is £955GBP. National

Insurance process is for the security and wellbeing of the applicant and is mandatory.

Note: This is not a payment but a deposit to ensure that you can cater for your needs

and support yourself once you arrive here before you receive your first salary from

your Employer.

The UK Home Office would ensure via this means that only eligible applicants who are

financially capable are allowed entry into the UK and must be completed to fulfill

availability of funds in cases of Emergency and for full financial security of the

applicant/worker before receipt of first salary and benefits from Employers.

This process is solely for proof that you have the stipulated financial requirement as per an

applicant seeking to enter the United Kingdom despite sponsorship from your Employer for

your financial security and would take 24hrs for confirmation hence follow the detailed

instructions for confirmation of immigrant travel allowance below.

PROCEDURE: VERIFICATION/CONFIRMATION OF MANDATORY BASIC INSURANCE

FUNDS

The following process has been adopted following the new-points based system to

earn the needed points for issuance of National Insurance Number, Work Scheme Card

and supporting documents. Bank statements were hitherto accepted, however due to

falsification of bank statements which does not compulsorily certify/surety that the

applicant would enter the Country with the mandatory insurance allowance/financial

requirement, we no longer accept bank statements as final travel guarantee for the

Basic Travel Allowance

Important (As per Immigration policies, this process must be completed by anyone you wish

to stand in as your next of kin; i.e any member of your immediate family must be aware of

your intended travel to the UK. This can be either your Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Close

Relative or Friend)

To meet the above requirement your Father or Mother or selected next of kin or friend is to

make a deposit of the stipulated financial requirement of £955GBP with Your name as the

receiver To UK via any Western Union or Money Gram agent as proof that you have secured

funds to support yourself when you arrive here till you receive your first salary from your

Employer

NOTE*** THE DEPOSITORS SURNAME MUST BE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR SURNAME SO AS TO AVOID

COMPLICATIONS DURING VERIFICATION OF FUND AND REFUNDMENT OF FUND ON ARRIVAL.

Sender can be any of the suggested individuals above at your discretion that you wish to be

aware of your travel to the UK.

Receiver: Must be you the primary immigrant (XXX)

Payout/Destination Country: United Kingdom

Note: You must ensure that the sender is any of the above as instructed and the receiver is

you for the security of your funds.

Your selected depositor should Visit the nearest Western Union or Money Gram Post Office,

Western Union or Money Gram agent or Western Union or Money Gram Shop close to you

and make the deposit of 955GBP with your name as the receiver to United Kingdom which is

your insurance allowance following the transfer instructions above carefully for our verification

and confirmation.

Application Checklist: You are to send the following application requirements:

• Confirm Courier Address for Shipment of Hard Copies of your National Insurance

Documents, Work Scheme Card and supporting documents.

• Scan the receipt of the deposit of your financial requirement including the Money

Transfer Verification Number to enable our office perform Verification of the deposit.

This is usually carried out within 24hrs.

Note: Ensure that the receiver is you so that only you can withdraw the deposit after

the verification of deposit has been carried out. This is not a payment but a deposit for

verification which is why it is in your name as the receiver and to also fulfill that you

have funds to support yourself as is the mandatory process for your financial security

when you arrive here till you receive your first salary from your Employer.

Confirmation of Basic Insurance Allowance satisfies the requirement for release of

Relocation Package (ERP). Relocation Package protects the right of immigrants and

ensures full compliance to terms and conditions of contract engagement by UK

Employers.

The instructions above would earn you the needed points under the point-based system for

the release of your Certificate of Eligibility, Social Worker Identity Card, Work Scheme Card

and supporting documents to legalize your work status here.

UK Border Agency,

2 Marsham Street London

SW1P 4DF

United Kingdom.

#187665 by AlanJones Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:22 pm
Bank account used by the scammer

ATTN APPLICANT CONSUALA BELGRANO,

WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR MAIL. HOWEVER, WE WISH TO LET YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DON’T SEND OUR OFFICIAL BANK DETAILS TO ANY APPLICANT BY LAW. IN THIS SITUATION, WE CAN ONLY PROVIDE YOU OF OUR AGENT ACCOUNT DETAILS. HERE IS THE BANK DETAILS:

BANK NAME: BARCLAYS BANK,
ADDRESS: 14_16 MITCHAM ROAD.
SWIFT CODE: BARCGB22.
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 60915343
ACCT NAME: FRANCISCA DZVUKE

WE ALSO WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT THIS PROCESS HAS TO BE CARRYING OUT IMMEDIATELY.

UK Border Agency,
2 Marsham Street London
SW1P 4DF
United Kingdom.

#188288 by AlanJones Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:44 pm
Another bank account used by the scammers

ATTN APPLICANT XXX,

WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT WE ARE SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE AND EMBARRASSMENT. HOWEVER, WE HAVE TRIED TO FIGURE OUT WHY THAT ACCOUNT WERE SUSPENDED, AND IT CAME TO OUR NOTICE THAT THE AGENT IN CHARGE OF THAT ACCOUNT, NEEDS TO RECTIFY SOME ISSUES ON THAT ACCOUNT. WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT FOR NOW THE ABOVE ACCOUNT IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED.
WE WISH TO NOTIFY YOU OF THE CURRENT ACCOUNT FOR TRANSFER/PAYMENT, HERE IS THE DETAILS AS FOLLOWS-

ACCOUNT NAME: SUTAKA UK LTD
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10366021
SORT CODE: 20 92 60
SWIFT: BARCGB70
IBAN: GB70BARC20926010366021
BANK ADDRESS: BARCLAYS BANK, ACORN HOUSE, 1ST FLOOR, 36-38 PARK ROYAL ROAD, LONDON, NW107JA.
REF: J.SUNNYSCO

WE WANT TO INFORM YOU THAT THESE THE CURRENT EXISTING ACCOUNT FOR TRANSFER/PAYMENT. WE WISH TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. HAVE A NICE DAY.

UK Border Agency,
2 Marsham Street London
SW1P 4DF
United Kingdom.

#188498 by AlanJones Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:45 am
Attempt by the scammer to increase the amount of money they receive

WE WANT TO INFORM YOU THAT WE FOUND OUT THAT PERSONS FROM YOUR COUNTRY CANNOT PAY IN MONEY BELOW ONE THOUSAND GBP INTO THAT ACCOUNT THAT WAS GIVEN TO YOU. SO WE COME UP WITH THE IDEA OF MAKING PAYMENT THROUGH WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM. HOWEVER, IF IN CASE YOU INSIST OF MAKING PAYMENT WITH THE ACCOUNT IN QUESTION, WE ADVISE THAT YOU MAKE IT UP TO ONE THOUSAND GBP BEFORE IT COULD GO THROUGH.

HOWEVER, WE ADVISE YOU TO HASTING UP WITH THE PAYMENT, BECAUSE WE HAVE ALREADY CONSUMED MUCH TIME ON THIS PROCESS OF YOURS. AS A MATER OF FACT TO AVOID ANY FURTHER INCONVENIENCE, WE ADVISE YOU TO MAKE THE PAYMENT THROUGH WESTERN UNION/MONEY GRAM OR PAY UP TO ONE THOUSAND GBP INTO THAT ACCOUNT.

THE FOLLOWINGS ARE DIRECTIONS OF PAYING THROUGH WESTERN UNION/MONEY GRAM-
PAYOUT LOCATION: UNITED KINGDOM
AMOUNT: 955GBP
SENDER’S NAME: YOU’RE FATHER/MOTHER OR ANY OF YOUR RELATION
RECEIVER’S NAME: MUST BE YOUR NAME

NOTE: THESE MUST TAKE PLACE WITHIN 24 HOURS OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE TERMINATED. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST. GOOD DAY!

#188499 by AlanJones Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:45 am
I want to inform you that I received a mail from the Agency this morning, saying that you have to complete the money up to one thousand GBP while making the payment so that the transaction will go through. If you cannot make it up to the amount, for the transfer to go through, then I shall advise you to follow western union or money gram. I was also informed that the Agency gave you 24 hours to come up with the payment. I shall wait for your fast and positive responds.