Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#186153 by jazgriffin15 Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:27 am
This was the first email:
Dear Aupair:

Thank you for taking your time to read my letter. This is Eva, the au pair program director in China. I viewed your profile on www.aupair.com and interested in you a lot. J So I am writing you to know if you are interested in being an aupair in China. I sincerely hope you can be an aupair here. I hope I can help you in a way. J

Our agency is professional at au pair program. From 2010, we began to accept foreign aupairs in China. Until now we have accepted many aupairs from different countries. We have several agencies in different cities, such as Qingdao, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and etc. Importantly, our agency doesn’t charge any fee from our aupairs. Currently, so many host families in China want to have foreign aupairs, so now we need more foreign aupair applicants who adore Chinese culture, want to learn Chinese and interested in au pair program here.

Most of our families can speak English, so there will be no problem in communicating between aupairs and host families. Besides, we will provide our aupairs professional service and benefit, such as flight reimbursement, insurance, orientation, visa service, Chinese class, assigned coordinator, aupair activities and etc. We really hope that our aupairs can have a great aupair life in China, so we will do our best, we have enough ability and experience to service our aupairs and guarantee our all aupairs’ rights and benefit here.

Following, please allow me to specifically introduce the aupair program in China, such as requirement, duties and benefit.

Au Pair in China
Do you want to be au pair in China? Do you want to join a Chinese family, experiencing the family life, staying with the Chinese children and studying Chinese cultures in the daily life? Being an au pair in China, you can have the chance to travel to many different places of interests, you can experience the traditional Chinese festivals, and you can join the Chinese family activities.

Au Pair Applying Requirement:
1?Age from 18 to 30, the age can be properly relaxed if application’s English is excellent;
2?Graduate from high middle school at least, college education level is preferred;
3?Fluent in English;
4?Like children and enjoy getting along with children;
5?Responsibility and patience are necessaries;
6?Have experience in teaching, nursing or taking care of children is preferred;
7?Healthy;
8?Interested in Chinese and culture.

Au Pair Duties?

1?Taking care of host children and accompany them as their big sisters or brothers;
2?Teaching children English or other language and tutor them in study;
3?Doing some light housework;
4?The schedule is 30 hours per week;
5?Helping host family knowing west culture.

Au Pair Benefits and Service provided by our agency:

1? Free lodging and boarding in host family;
2? Having at least RMB 1000 per month as pocket money from host family which depends on your working hours;
3? Flight reimbursement if successfully complete the program, for example, if you can stay here for 3 months, we will provide you RMB 1500 or 2000 yuan as flight reimbursement. If you can stay here for 6 months, we will provide you return flight directly. If you can stay here for 12 months, we will provide you return flight and another RMB 5500 as bonus;
4? Having paid holiday every 3 months;
5? Visa invitation letter;
6? Airport/Train Pick up;
7? Assistance registering with local authorities;
8? 24/7 emergency call number;
9? Assigned coordinator;
10? Welcome package (map/metro card/SIM card) (if applicable);
11? Arrival Orientation;
12? Insurance (if you do not have your own);
13? Language classes throughout your stay, besides of that, we will also provide our aupairs Chinese culture classes, such as calligraphy, cross-stitch, paper-cut, pottery, traditional Chinese painting, making dumpling and etc;
14? Au Pair activities. We will provide various activities for our aupairs, such as traveling, climbing, swimming, BBQ beach party, CS, picking fruits in the farm and etc. All of these activities are free for our aupairs. Besides, when the festival is coming, we will also organize the activities or parties for our aupairs, such as Easter, Halloween, Thanks Giving Day, Black Friday, Christmas, and etc. All of these activities are free for our aupairs;
15? The chance of exchanging families in the same city or other cities. If the aupairs can engage in the aupair program here for 6 months or more than 6 months, we can provide our aupairs the chance of exchanging families in the same city or other cities with aupairs’ agreement after they complete the written agreement with their previous host family.

Your answer is being expected. We hope you can be still interested in being an aupair in China. If you want to be an aupair here, please complete Aupair Application Form which I have attached with this email and send me back via email, when I receive it and finish translating it into Chinese, I will recommend you to our families as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries. Thanks for your interesting and support again. Look forward to hearing from you soon and wait for your application. J

Attached 1: Pictures About Aupair Life In Qingdao
Attached 2: Pictures About Aupair Life In Guangzhou
Attached 3: Program City
Attached 4: Aupair Application Form

Contact Information:

Email: [email protected]
Tel: +86 15864715328
Program Director: Eva Liu

My reply:
Hello!!
I would love to be an au pair in China!!! I will be available to be an au pair starting May 2015 and I would be able to stay for up to 5 months. Is it too early to start looking for a family now? I filled out the application form and it is attached to the email.
Thanks!!
-Jazmin Griffin

Her next message:
Hi Jazmin,

Thanks for your answer and interest a lot! :) Please let me introduce the process of being an aupair here, hope it can help you know more about our program. :)

The steps are: first, you should fill the application and send me back. Second, when I receive your application, we will arranger the Skype for you, then we can know more about you. Third, after Skype, we will recommend you to suitable families, then you and the host families can contact each other directly. And make your decision about which family you want to get matched. Finally, when you get matched with a family, you will sign the agreements with family and our agency. Then we will help you to apply for your visa to China. Later, you can reserve your flight and come here. Please don't worry, we will have staff to help you during the whole process. :) And after your arrive here, you will have signed coordinator. :)

I want to know if there is possibility that you can come here earlier than May 2015? When will be the earliest date that you can come? :) I also attached some pictures about our aupair activities here, hope you can enjoy it. Hope to hear from you soon and thank you a lot!

Have a nice day!

Best

She has also sent a lot of pictures of au pairs and program descriptions but I still feel nervous about it. She hasn't asked for any money yet though.
Advertisement

#186160 by jolly_roger Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:41 am
Hello jazgriffin15. I'm happy the question has been asked. It would be wise to be most wary of the site.
The website was registered on 30 Dec 2012 and expires on 30 Dec 2014.
I notice the admin contact uses a free gmail point of contact. One would think a company e-mail address would be used? The server of the website is located in Kisa, Korea. This website setup involves countries known to be high risk and likely to be operating from a high risk country.
#186182 by Dotti Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:57 am
We've seen a few questions about Chinese au pair agencies in the past year or two. Often with the Chinese agencies, it is much harder to determine whether they are scams, because they don't use the same tactics as most of the scammers we deal with around here, and the ones that are scams are also really based out of China.

The date of the website registration is a bit of a concern, since they claim to have been placing au pairs since 2010.

They don't appear to be a member of the International Au Pair Agency:
http://iapa.org/members/member-list/

At this point, I don't see any definitive evidence that shows them to be a scam, but would recommend caution moving forward.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#186447 by jazgriffin15 Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:52 am
I skyped with the one of their staff today, their skype profile didnt have any information. It all seems a little fishy. I think I am going to use one of the agencies recommended by the International Au Pair Agency. Thanks for your help!
#186455 by AlanJones Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:45 am
jazgriffin15 wrote: I think I am going to use one of the agencies recommended by the International Au Pair Agency.

This is probably the safest course of action.

This company may be legit, but it is difficult to tell either way.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.