Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#186489 by horvivy Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:31 pm
I've got a text message to my phone from the number +36707177171.
I was curious, because of this number. This is a Hungarian telephone number and what I expected is a British number.

The text was the following:
Dear Au Pair, I am Mrs Statham, we found your profile on aupair.com and we are interested. To see my family profile send me email to [email protected]

After this I sent an email to the e-mail address as the following:
Dear Mrs Statham,
Could I ask you to send me a link to your profile on aupair.com?
Thanks a lot.

And after I got this:

Au Pair Job in Southampton, Hampshire, U.K for 3-12 Months provided by British-American Family Statham

Earliest Starting Date January 2014
Latest Starting Date March 2014
Needs Au Pair for 3-12 Months

1 child in age group of 4-5 Year

Last Action 5 January 2013

Profile added to 0 Hotlist in last 3 weeks

Contact Information
City : Southampton
State : Hampshire, England
Street Address Lodge Road
Postal Code SO31 6RG
Primary Telephone Number +44 20 8144 3974 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Email Address [email protected]
Country U.K
Family Information
Family Name Statham Family
Are you a single parent? No, our Family has both Mother and Father
Family Age Group 35-45
Family Nationality British American
What languages are spoken at home? English
Religion/Spiritual Practice Christian
Is Religion important to you? Important
Occupation Ministerial workers
How Many People live in your household? 3
Describe your Children (include ages and gender) Our child are fun loving and energetic
Do you have any pets? Yes
Where do you live? City
Job Requirement
We are looking for Au Pair/Nanny
Earliest Starting Date 2014-01-01
Latest Starting Date 2014-03-01
Duration of Job 3-12 Months
Required Gender Male/Female
Preferred Nationality
Any Nationality
Required Language Skill No Preference
Minimum Desired Experience? No Preference
Level of Education you Require No Preference
Children Age to look after 4-5 Year
Number of Children to take care of 1
Required working hours per week 35 - 40
Per Week Pocket Money 480 GBP
Willing to pay or share travel cost? yes
Required Age Range No Preference
Smoking is Allowed Not in the house
Have to look after disabled No
Have to take care of Pets No
Required who can swim No
Required who can ride a bike No
Can Attend Language Courses? Yes
Required First Aid Training No
Required who can drive No
Family Description
We are a fun loving British family currently living in New York city but we will be relocating to Southampton, Hampshire soon and we need an aupair/nanny that can take good care of our only child with little or no supervision.
we hope to move to our new home in Lodge Rd, Southampton in 2 weeks as soon as we confirm your commitment to work as the next aupair in my family.
We are looking for someone very friendly who is prepared to be part of our family and look after our child appropriately when we get to Southampton. Your main task will be to care for our adorable Child, Dan who is 5 years old. Occasionally you will do light household work like cleaning and ironing. You will take Dan to and from Kindergarten and also to play dates.
He would be at nursery for 4 mornings per week at least in the beginning but this will be reviewed.
Dan is easy going and only grumpy when tired. At the same time he needs a lot of attention. Although most of the time he is calm but he can be tricky and he always needs someone to say no whenever he's wrong.
Dan will be going to Kindy 4 days a week from 8.45am to 1pm and some days you will need to pick him up or drop his off. We will know my roster about 1-2 weeks in advance so we can plan ahead. The only light housework you will be expected to do is vacuuming dining/lounge/hallway/Dan's room once a week and clean the bathroom once a fortnight and i will do it the other week. You would need to tidy up after making yourself or Dan a snack and if I cook dinner which seems to be most nights then you would do the dishes. I'd be totally happy if you want to share the cooking and obviously I would do the dishes if you cook dinner.
You would be working approximately 40 hours a week from Monday to Friday with weekends off and we hope to pay £12 hourly plus bus ticket worth £67 weekly and we will also provide you with a mobile phone with some inclusive minutes each month and the rest would be your responsibility. We also hope to provide you access to our cars if you have driving experience but not all the time.
We have already secured a home in Lodge Road, Southampton and all other living arrangement are also intact at the moment and we hope to arrive in Southampton at any date from now.
Your duties which we expect you to discharge perfectly are Getting Dan out of bed for a 10 minutes morning exercise by 8am. Getting Dan dressed in the morning. Supervising his breakfast and lunch plus morning and afternoon snacks. Playing with him (age appropriate) to insure at least 60 minutes of exercise (can be split throughout the day). Doing education, crafts& activities with him (age appropriate). Ensuring his optimal health and safety during your care. Keeping his room clean and organized. Doing laundry if necessary. Taking him to and from school and activities. Supervising play dates.
Do inform us in case you have any objections to this duties and suggesting what we can do about it.
I have not scan my pictures but i will try to do that soon and send them to you and i will like to know your exact arrival date.
Before we proceed further we will still like you to answer these few questions.
1) What is your nationality?
2) How old are you?
3) Have you ever traveled outside your home country before?
4) Have you much experience working with kid’s?
5) Do you smoke?
6) Do you drink?
7) Do you have brothers and sisters?
8) Do you Drive
9) Do you mind doing light cooking?
10) Can you help with shopping?
11) Can you help with housework
12) Provide us with your mobile phone number
Hope to hear from you soon..

I AM WARN YOU TO DO NOT GET IN TOUCH WITH HER OR HIM WHO SENT THIS EMAIL! THIS IS NOT REAL!
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations
Advertisement