Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#189136 by Chris Fuller Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:58 am
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity; it is a scam. These emails were not really sent from the UK, they were sent from Nigeria, as proven by the IP address: 41.190.2.254 - Lagos, Nigeria.

Subject: COME AND WORK IN MY FAMILY

Hello

I saw your profile on the Au pair site

We are a British family living in London, UK. I am a Medical Doctor here in London, i stay at No 182 Finchley Road, Hampstead, London‎ NW3 6BP . I work in a Private Medical Centre.
We currently have a son aged 3 years old, we are looking for a Au Pair or Nanny from Any Country and is willing to stay with us

About Our Family
We are a professional couple, living here in the UK .Our son is fairly easy going and relaxed, he would enjoy someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm.. Having English as a first language is not required and in fact, we would entertain the nanny speaking to them in
her own mother-tongue..

We only seek a Au pair for basic child care and light housework. If you accept to take a position with us, you would be paid the sum of £2,000( Two thousand pounds sterling) with a weekly pocket money of £500. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Nanny to put in her best in taking care of our children.

You shall have a private accommodation with furnished sitting room and bedroom and also a private bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready computer. and you will have Saturday and Sunday as your own free day, you can go anywhere you like or spend it with us if you like
Do well to send us your references or resume & also an update picture of yourself, and we would get in touch with them. Should the outcome be positive, we would send you a Contract Letter. We shall discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you. You can reach me on my personal mobile to indicate your interest. My Number is +447012993512 or [email protected]

We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes

Dr Micheal Kevin

These are some of the photographs used by this scammer, who pretends that they photos of his own family. They are actually stock photographs of models, which the scammer has purchased to use in his scam.

Subject: TO OUR WONDERFUL AUPAIR

Hello Au pair,
It was nice to get to hear from you,i told my family about you and they love it, so I have considered hiring you for your services. However as regards your flight ticket that will be handled by me and also some other relevant documents you might be needing to proceed into the UK,but you have to take care of your UK visa fees nothing much I presume.So if you agree with these terms please let me know so that I can have my lawyer issue you your contract/invitation letter and also all the necessary details on how to obtain your traveling papers.
But first let me tell you a little bit about my family,

we are down to earth people not arrogant,we respect our employees opinion very much,my son is the most adorable things on the face of the earth we love them so much and so will you I hope.We are also easy going people my wife and I.

I leave for work early in the morning 7.30am,my wife is a seamstress so she is a little more around the house than I
The family those a lot of outings,we go fishing sometimes my wife and I,also to the beach together the whole family.

Best wishes

Dr Micheal Kevin
For the family.
Advertisement

#189145 by jolly_roger Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:23 am
Could this be our infamous doctor of many names whose invented a new identity?
I noticed the first e-mail (above) has been used in a previous scam dated February Twenty 12.
It's almost word for word, whereby the scammer used the name dr mark dickson.
#191296 by Chris Fuller Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:14 am
This is an email from the fake lawyer, who is also part of the scam. This email was also sent from Nigeria: IP address 41.190.3.206 - Lagos, Nigeria.

From: BARRISTER PETER ARMSTRONG AND ASSOCIATE <[email protected]>
Subject: CONTRACT AND INVITATION LETTER

Hello,
How are you doing?After talking with my
client,he has authorized me to send you this email..I am attaching
herewith a Contract/Invitation Letter from Dr Micheal Kevin, for you to
go through.. If you accept, you would have to sign and date at the
bottom and send a scanned copy to me as e mail attachment.

Information For Travel.

Your employer went to the UK Immigrations Office here in London to
inform them about his decision to employ you and to also seek their
approval/permit as they are the legal authorities vested with the
power to permit/approve foreign workers.

You have to contact them
immediately you sign the contract letter. Send a copy to them and
also request them to furnish you with details of how you can get
your work permit and travel documents.Also you should know that
your employer,would share travel costs with you,he will pay them
for your Flight Ticket and some other relevant documents, and the
little you would spend is the cost of obtaining your Visa
okay. Here are their contact details:

United Kingdom- Immigration Office London
2 Marsham Street
Central London
United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Send them an e mail with a copy of the signed contract letter and
they would get in touch with you so that you can travel down
soonest to resume duties.
Best Regards
Barrister Peter Armstrong

Bureau of Immigration
Department of Justice.

The email address of the UK Home Office given by this scammer is fake, and is really another email address belonging to the scammer himself. Genuine UK Home Office email addresses end with @homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - and with no words or abbreviations after that.

This is the fake contract sent by the scammer:

Dr Micheal Kevin
No 182 Finchley Road
Hampstead, London
NW3 6BP
United Kingdom.

Date: xx xxxx, 2014.

Dear: Applicant,

LETTER OF OFFER

We would like to offer you the position of a Nanny/housekeeper to our client.
The terms and conditions of the job are as follows:

Hours

You will be required to work for approximately 25 hours per week. Every weekend, will be spent with the family or anywhere, as you would have the weekends off.

Accommodation:

You would have a Private Live-Out or Live-In Accommodation depending on your preference with Private Bathroom, Sitting Room and Bedroom. Your room would also be furnished with a Television Set, an Internet Ready Computer System and a Fixed Landline telephone. We ask that all rooms be kept tidy and that friends staying over should only do so with our permission. If we go out as a family, you will generally be invited to come with us (at our expense) should you so choose?

Duties and responsibilities

Your main duty is the due care of my home.

Salary

You will be paid an amount of ₤2000 (Two thousand pounds sterling) per month in arrears and an additional ₤500 weekly pocket money. Additional hours will be paid at a rate that we may agree between ourselves from time to time.

School

You will be enrolled at a Public School to attend a course in any language of your choice for foreigners for the duration of your stay.

We look forward to having you for the job offer and hope that your association will be a long and happy one.

Please sign a copy of this letter as acceptance of its terms and conditions.

Yours faithfully
Dr Micheal Kevin

I have read and accept the above terms and conditions.