Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#196721 by Daiana Grace Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:30 pm
Hi my name is Daiana and i am applying to be an au pair in the U.S. I have been contacting a family, who lives in San Francisco California. She replies fast to my e-mails, she told me to contact Ms. Bonnie Simms of Agent Au Pair. Is this a legal agency?? is this not a scam?? I'm looking forward for fast replies. Thank you and God Bless.
Advertisement

#196722 by Bryon Williams Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:48 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

From the basic information you posted. I will say it is a scam. Searching "Bonnie Simms of Agent Au Pair" leads to scam post. You can read here. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80216

You can find the real contact information for Agent Au Pair here. http://j1visa.state.gov/participants/ho ... &state=any To be an Au Pair in the USA you will have to go through one of these companies through their real contact information.

You will need to contact the real phone numbers and email address on the real site. You can find the information in the link above.

You will never send money to anyone via Western Union, Money Gram or Bank Transfer. You will have a face to face meeting in your country. You can only get a Visa from the US Embassy in your country. No one else can do this for you. These are US law requirements. Face to face means exactly face to face.

The real company is not using a free email provider.

Please post the emails that were sent to you and email address used. Please remove any of your personal information from them.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#201728 by Julia Garcia Fri May 16, 2014 2:05 pm
Hi!

This is a scam! Be aware!

There is a real "Agent Aupair", but there is also an scam. The scam is [email protected], they would say that they work for Agent Aupair but this is no true, they are an scam.
Do not send money via Western Union!
Here you can read all the lies they will tell to you: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80216

They are also using fake accounts in facebook, they put an announce in some grups of "Aupairs in USA". First they act as an old aupair, that she had to leave the family she had been working for, and this family is looking for a new au pair. This girl will put in contact to you with the family, but this family does not exist. This family will say that you have to talk with the agency they work with, "Agent aupair", and they will give to you the scam account: [email protected].

One of the scam accounts in facebook there are using is "Wanger Tiffany"

If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact with me.
<Email Address Remove> Please use the PM system MW