Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#197272 by LiZa1 Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:51 am
Hey People!
This forum was very helpful for me so I also want to help other people adding this new scammer:
Robert Keith ([email protected])

this man was very suspicious so i started a little investigation and I found something that maybe is gonna help someone else...

This is the letter he sent me: looks real at the beginning...
Hello Au pair/Nanny
Our names are Robert and Katherine Keith and we work as a Nurse(Mid-Wife) and Therapist in San Francisco(California)U.S.A,We have 3 children named Darren and Megghi and Sarah, who are 9months,2 and 4 years old. They are lovely, happy kids. I would describe them as very sweet and well behaved (at least most of the time!) Both attend day care 3 days per week, though Megghi will soon be starting kindergarten. Sarah and I are both pretty relaxed, though busy, and consider ourselves very family oriented. We live in a neighborhood where others kids and families lives (something like that) and love spending our free time with our family and friends. We have people over at the house often or head to the beach whenever we have time. We are active and health conscious, caring and happy people. We try to teach our kids these things everyday, plus so much more..
We are looking for someone who is happy to be a part of our family. the salary is ($1500Monthly + $170Weekly Allowance)We need someone who is very reliable and who is happy to help us do what is needed to make our household run well. We would expect anywhere from 25 to 30 hours per week of child minding. Typically, this will involve getting the children ready in the morning, dropping them off at daycare/school, picking them up and spending some time with them some evenings. We will also expect help with light cleaning, cooking and errands at times. We will never expect you to do anything that we wouldn't happily do for ourselves if we had the time. In exchange, we are happy to offer a room, board, pocket money and internet access. We also own a piano and guitar you are welcomed to use. We are happy for our au pair to come with us on holidays. We hope to find an au pair who is a great fit with our family and look forward to welcoming her as a big sister/brother to our children.

Waiting to hear from you..

Regards..

but i searched parts of the text on google and suddenly this topic from this forum appear: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45714

Kevin and I are both pretty relaxed, though busy, and consider ourselves very family oriented. We live in a neighborhood where others kids and families lives (something like that) and love spending our free time with our family and friends. We have people over at the house often or head to the beach whenever we have time. We are active and health conscious, caring and happy people. We try to teach our kids these things everyday

as you can see the text is pretty the same,aaand...

here's another family from portugal with parts of the same text: http://www.aupair.com/it/posti-au-pair/ ... 357354.php

We have people over at the house often or head to the beach whenever we have time. We are active and health conscious, caring and happy people. We try to teach our kids these things everyday, plus so much more!

same freaking text.

I'm sorry but i didn't follow the conversation with "Robert" because i don't want to spend my precious time with this kind of Nigerian assholes,but you know,I really hope this post is gonna help someone! And i'm sorry if I made some mistakes writting this post,i'm still learning english (i'm from Italy!)

note:
on the email he sent me was also attached this e-mail address: [email protected]

Have a nice Day!
Advertisement

#197328 by AlanJones Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:08 am
Hello,Thanks for the reply..i am very glad and delighted to hear from you...i will like you to know that i need an aupair as soon as possible and also i will like to know is you are available to start on or before April/June Ending??you are yo decide how long you are willing to stay with my family...Here are some Questions i will like to Ask..

1,can you tell me a little more about yourself?

2.What do you enjoy most about working with children?

3.How big is your City :) ?

4.Do you drive? How often? Do you have an International License?

5.Have you ever bathed or cooked meals for children?

6.Who do you live with at the moment? If you live by yourself, how will you feel about joining a family and having to respect its house rules?

7.What type of relationship do you have with your family? How do they feel about you coming to U.S.A?

8,Do you have a Valid Working Visa & Permit Document for your stay in the U.S.A?

9,Can i see some Pictures of you?

Waiting to hear from you

Regards..

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.