Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#203213 by ChiaraSperelli Tue May 27, 2014 8:33 am
I'm an Aupair looking for a job and I registered in many au pair websites. I received this email yesterday:

Monalisa Boyles <[email protected]>
subject: Job for Aupair !

My name is Lisa from New York where i work and live with my husband and two kids..we want to hire an Aupair and i found your profile on Easyaupair ..let me know if you get this email so i can tell you better about my family and the job !..we are willing to share travel cost and pay you $900 a month with your own private room and bath..we will take good care of you

Lisa Boyles

So I answered that I was interested in the job and I asked for some more details.
Here's the email they sent me back:

Dear Chiara,

We would like to offer you a job to join our family here in New York,USA . My name is Mrs Lisa Boyles and i live with with my family Matthew Boyles and our two lovely kids Micheal and Micheal who needs your Aupair Care...I'm a Nurse here in New York and my Husband works for a Private construction company..My family just moved to New York from Indiana because my husband was relocated due to work..we require the service of an Aupair as yourself to join our family and help take good care of our lovely kids when i and my husband are working..Micheal is 6 and Michelle is 4 years old..they are really wonderful kids and they will make you happy working for us..Also the reason why we decided to hire an Aupair from overseas is simply because we would like to exchange some cultural values from other countries like teaching them foreign languages such as Spanish,Italian,German depending on who is coming to work for my family because we would like give them this experience while very young..This is our first time of hiring an Aupair and we hope to hire the right and perfect Aupair for our kids because they mean the world to me and my husband..We have been trying so hard to get a real Aupair for the kids, but its seems that its very hard because all of them are after large salary...my kids are nice and respectful kids.Facilities are made available to take them to school in the morning and back from school, also a cook is present in the house to make the meals at all times and a guest room is prepared for your arrival in which you have a computer and internet connection in your room,a private bath room and toilet.the cook will prepare the food for the whole house so you don't need to stress your self. There is a car for you if you would be able to drive.I will be paying you 900 Dollars a month and i hope that is alright with you..the kids loves to going to the park and zoo..you can take them anytime you are free to have fun together and explore the city..you can also go shopping with them every Friday..your work schedule is mainly from Monday to Friday with the working hours of 7-10 and 2-6 and that will be 7 hours a day while the weekends will be your free days and you can do whatever you want then because i an my husband will be home with the kids..you are free to go to school as well if you decide so,as my family will be helping you if you so wish to school..you can also take Language classes if you want because i was told by our family lawyer it helps Aupairs who don't speak much English and wishes to learn more...you will be treated properly as a family member and not just an Au Pair as you take good care of our children like your younger ones..we are a loving and caring family so be sure you will love our family if you join us in New York
here is the address of where i live here in New York :
Address : 278 Albany Ave
City : Kingston
State : NY
Zip Code : 12401

I hope with this little information about my family and the job will be interesting to you and i would appreciate if you can get back to me immediately so i can know if you are interested in the job..you can also send me your telephone number to be reach directly on phone...thanks for your understanding and time..looking forward to knowing you

Yours sincerely
Mrs Monalisa Boyles

Is this a scammer? I really don't know what to think!
Advertisement

#203218 by AlanJones Tue May 27, 2014 8:59 am
It is a definite scam - the writing is African and it is also not possible for families in the USA to directly employ au pairs, it all has to be done through one of 15 authorised au pair agencies and the first stage in the process is for the au pair to have a face to face interview in her country with a representative of the agency.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#205266 by cjking Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:19 pm
This is defiantly a scammer. I was doing a search of my address and I found this email. This is my house that I live in and I do not know anyone of this name that has lived here.

CKing