#181396 by chaser Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:47 am
A Nigerian company

KOJEC ENTERPRISES NIG. LTD.
128 RIVER LAYOUT ABA
ABIA STATE NIGERIA
TEL: +234 8038373344
FAX: +234 8222829611
[email protected]

wants to order via email beer form a German brewery to be imported to Nigeria.

The company has been told that according to Nigeria customs the import of beer in Nigeria is prohibited. But Mr. Eric Kojoh insisted that there wasn't any problem and went on with:

Von: Kojoh Eric [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2013 15:25
An: xxx
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Offer posted
Dear xxx,
As informed you earlier.
The transfer application have been completed this afternoon with our financial department.
Therefore, note that the bank might contact with the beneficiary for further verification before the remittance as we have submitted your contact information with them.
Please humbly assist them with any information they might request for the smooth remittance.
Waiting for your good news.
Best regards,

Kojoh.

Finally this emails came:

----- Original message -----

<[email protected]>
To: xxxxxxxx
Subject: REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS.
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 05:02:43 -0800

ATTENTION:
SIR(S),
WE NOTED THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MESSAGE FOR ISSUANCE OF NAFDAC FREE SALES/EXPORT HEALTH CERTIFICATE, IN LIEN OF FOOD (BEER) PRODUCTS.
MEANWHILE, IT’S OUR OBLIGATION TO SERVE AND PROTECT THE HEALTH OF PEOPLE AROUND THE NATION AND WEST AFRICAN REGIONS. THE FREE SALES/EXPORT HEALTH CERTIFICATE WILL BE ISSUED FOR AUTHORIZATION OF ANY OF THE REGULATED PRODUCTS UPON CONFIRMATION OF THE BELOW DOCUMENTS, PRODUCT SAMPLES/LABEL AND REGISTRATION FEE:

1. NAFDAC FILLED FORM: (SEE ATTACHMENT).

2. REGISTRATION TARIFF CHARGE (EURO. 3,450.26).

3. MANUFACTURER’S OR EXPORTER'S CERTIFICATE(COMPANY REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE).

4. PRODUCT ANALYSIS CERTIFICATE (IF AVAILABLE).

5. PRODUCT SAMPLES/LABEL

6. HEALTH CERTIFICATE ISSUED IN THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN.

7. POWER OF ATTORNEY

WITH THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS, THE PRODUCT WILL BE REGISTERED AND ISSUE A
FREE SALES/EXPORT HEALTH CERTIFICATE FOR THE AUTHORIZATION OF THE
PRODUCTS EXPORT.
THE REQUIREMENTS SHOULD BE PRESENT TO THIS OFFICE THROUGH A
REPRESENTATIVE LAWYER WITH FACILITIES TO EFFECT RECALL OF THE PRODUCTS
AND MANUFACTURER/EXPORTER WHEN NECESSARY.
THE ABOVE IS OUR NORMAL PROCEDURE TO SERVE YOU WITH INTEGRITY AND
CONTACT US FOR ANY FURTHER CLARIFICATION.
YOURS FAITHFULLY,
MR. B. KINE (Unit Head).
REGISTRATION AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS DIRECTORATE,
NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD AND DRUGS ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL
(NAFDAC)
PLOT 88/90 ABA-OWERRI ROAD ABA,
ABIA STATE - NIGERIA.
TEL: +234 701 887 2746
--
http://www.fastmail.fm - One of many happy users:
http://www.fastmail.fm/help/overview_quotes.html

I should think this is scam with the purpose of collecting this extemly high "registration fee" und afterwards to dissapear.

The chamber of commerce in charge, Nigeria customs and the Embassy in charge have already been asked for information and help, but they simply don't answer.

So I'd be very grateful for you having your competent eyes on this.
Advertisement

#181399 by AlanJones Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:54 am
If the request for the fee didn't give it away as a scam, then the fact that a Government Agency is using a .cc email address should do.

chaser wrote:From: "NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD DRUG ADMIN.& CONTROL."
<[email protected]>

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#181400 by chaser Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:03 am
Thanks for your quick reply.
I allready thought so.

I think the German brewery probably won't be the only company addressed by these scammers, so I like them to be published and verified here.
#198082 by tomvdo Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:29 pm
Received the exact same email last week.
Asking for a registration of our products to be done at NAFDAC.
NAFDAC asking to go through their lawyers, sounds strange to me.
Everything should be done very urgent.

Chaser, you have some more info about this Kojec Enterprises?
#198103 by AlanJones Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:20 am
I doubt you'll get an answer from chaser since he hasn't been back to the forum since I answered his question in November. To reiterate - it is a scam and Kojec Enterprise Nig. Ltd. do not exist (or if they do, it is not them writing to you - their identity has been stolen by the scammer).

What email addresses are being used to contact you and for the NAFDAC?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#208764 by AlanJones Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:57 am
Dear Sir,

We are one of the leading importer/distributor of your products in Nigeria and other African countries where we have our agent or office.

We are interested on your company’s products, collaborate with your company to import your products into the African market.

Our payment term is 100% upfront before shipment, so we need your confirmation and price quotation for our study and get back to you with our Order.

Best regards,

Mr. Kojoh Eric.

KOJEC ENTERPRISES NIG. LTD.
128 RIVER LAYOUT ABA,
ABIA STATE NIGERIA
TEL: +234 8038373344
FAX: +234 8222829611

#234848 by sonrisadigital Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:32 am
Hi all,

exactly same modus operandi as described above, but under the name 'USUKPAM HOLDINGS LIMITED'. Hope these data help future readers:

We were contacted for an exports business to Nigeria, they offered paying everything in advance and then required registration with NAFDAC. Most communications were labeled as 'URGENT' given that Christmas break was close, with plenty of bank holidays around this date. Buyer was working through a bank (I'm not sure whether the bank is involved or not).

Buyer fake email: [email protected]
NAFDAC fake email: [email protected]
Fake company certificate of incorporation: (not sure the company is actually involved, maybe its identity was stolen).
Fake letter from the bank: (please note the fake contact details provided in the footer)
#275587 by SPEEDMAN Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:06 am
I was also contacted by the company USUKPAM HOLDINGS

the owner pretends to be from sweden :

Dear Sir,

Lammhults Möbel AB,
Box 26
SE-360 30 Lammhult
Sweden.

This is Mark Ndem, From Usukpam Holdings Limited. Our company has been in Nigeria for years.

Can you provide me with more information regarding your xxxx (name of my products).

1. name of product
2. name of product
3. name of product

I would appreciate it if you can reply to me as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Mr Mark Ndem/CEO,
Usukpam Holdings Ltd

Plot 211 Park Road,
Aba Abia State Nigeria
Phone: +2348189194517
Fax : +2348029906643
Email: [email protected]

later emails include a request for letter of invitation to visit my company in europe :

Dear Sir,

We appreciate your response and suggestion of visiting your show room in Belgium, We shall make an arrangement to visit your company in Belgium. We would need your company Invitation Letter for the visit.

We would take your advice by visiting your company in Belgium.

Thanks and waiting for your response.

Regards,

Mark.

That was in january

another email today :

Dear x,

Good Morning to you, We are still interested on the below products and this types of carpet are needed in our markets.

1. product 1
2. product 2
3. product 3
4. product 4

Please send us the current prices of the above listed types for our cross check to enable us proceed. Also we need the prices in CIF to APAPA SEAPORT LAGOS NIGERIA.

I hope to read from you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Mark Ndem.

Then they sent me an order sheet with a HUUUGE order sheet , so thats when i got wary. These guys cannot be trusted.
#367288 by JoeDog Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:09 pm
Hello,

I joined the forum just to say "Thank you" for this thread. I too have been recently contacted with the same scenario with the promise of huge profits. There are many things about the initial contact that just didn't smell right, so the first thing I did was search for NAFDAC. This search lead me directly to this thread and confirmed my suspicions immediately.

Thanks you again and it anyone would like to know the details of what prompted my initial suspicions, please feel free to contact me via PM. I do not want to post the details publicly as to not educate the scammers.

Cheers.
#367289 by AlanJones Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 pm
Is the scammer still using the same email address and phone numbers? If not, please can you post the new ones so that other victims can find them.