Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#23100 by Ralph Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:56 am
Thank you Jjurav

It is worth mentioning that with many of these scams, the scammer has used the same wording time and time again, in many cases it is possible to find the exact wording posted elsewhere in regards to scams.

From this scam I picked out this line "water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage" I kind of recall seeing it before and I did an exact search on it, by doing that I found over 100 exact matches and they are all scams.

You could try the search yourself or you could Right click here and open this link in a new window
Advertisement

#33532 by speedmaster19. Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 pm
Hi there,
I've searched my e-mail adds. via google and fond this site.
and i can't believe, that they've hacked my e-mail account
or is the .de and the .com ending not the same?
well i think if not, it's very weird, that they took my name.
with best regrests
Martin Wals
PS. sorry for my bad english but as you can see; i'm from german (and even going to school :P)
#33533 by Dotti Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:59 pm
Welcome Martin,

Don't worry about your English as we can understand you without a problem.

I have removed your email address from the post above, as having it posted here will cause it to be picked up and sold to more scammers and spammers.

As a general rule, the .com and .de emails are not the same so if there is no other evidence to suggest you were hacked, there is no reason to be too concerned.

Scammers sometimes use names of real people to make themselves appear more legitimate. They may pull those names from previous emails, random mailing lists, social networking sites, or even online phone books. We post the names scammers are using, though, because it is important to alert potential victims. However, we try to make it very clear that the name the scammer is using is almost NEVER the scammer's real name.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#89751 by windman Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:35 am
Hi there,

I just bumped on a similar scam for an apartment in Faro. The advertisement goes as:

title: "Apartamento T2 Faro"

main text: "T2 ,sala comum (35m2), com vista desafogada virada a Poente, suite (15m2) c/armário e wc completa, quarto (12m2) também c/armários, wc completa e cozinha (12m2) totalmente equipada e c/zona de estendal. Chão em tábua corrida, janelas com caixilharias de aluminio termolacado e vidros duplos. Cozinha e wcs em mármore. Aquecimento central. 1 lugar de garagem e uma arrecadação (17m2). Video-Porteiro, Porteiro e segurança 24H."

Does not provide contact information on the website. Upon contact using the Olx website (typical craigslist type of portuguese website), responds under the name of Thomas Dieter, email [email protected], stating the following:

"
Olá,

Renda mensal do todo apartamento é 350€, esse valor inclui gastos de luz, água e gás. Atualmente estou na Inglaterra com o meu trabalho se você decidir alugar o meu apartamento vou contratar uma agência imobiliário profissional para fazer a transação.
O apartamento está mobilado, muito bonito e bem mantido.
Por favor responda-me em Inglês é possível que eu não falo Português.

Obrigado
"

in broken portuguese. Upon reply, a more elaborated english email is sent where he states he works in construction, lived in Faro for a period, thought better to buy a flat than to pay rent, and now is living in London for working purposes. Asks for a fair amount, for the area, but for a very luxurious type of flat and tops that with bills included (!):

"
Hello,

Let me introduce myself, I am 51 years old, married; I am a project manager in civil engineering, currently living in London England. I bought this apartment when I worked in Portugal as part of a 5 year contract, thinking it would be a better investment than taking in rent.
I am looking for a serious, responsible and clean person to rent the apartment that will take care of the apartment as it were its own. So I would like to know more details about yourself: How old are you, if you are married, if you have a pet, occupation etc... I must say that I have nothing against pets. I love pets and they are welcome in the apartment. In addition to the rest, here is some information about the apartment: The apartment is in a good area, public transportation is just around the corner, neighbors are nice peoples and you will get along with them well. The apartment is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished, fully equipped, so you won’t need anything more to move in (you can also bring your own things, furniture if you have). The monthly rent is 350€ (for the whole apartment), utilities included (water, electricity, internet, cable). You can rent the apartment for an indefinite period, but for a minimum period of 2 months. The renting conditions are: 1 month payment plus a refundable security deposit of 700€ is required (in total 1050E), you will have it back at the end of your stay. Parking for two cars is included. You can move into the apartment the same day you receive the keys.
The deal will be done by an international real estate agency named ImmobilienScout24. The real estate company that will handle the transaction it is serious and with professional staff, they will help you in any matter regarding the apartment. Along with the keys you will receive 1 year renewable contract, signed and legalized at a public notary. Upon visit if you will not like the apartment from any reasons you will get your money back. If you agree with the terms send me the following data so I can go at the agency to start the renting formalities:

Name in full: .....
Address (street, postal code, city,): .....
Nationality: .....
Date of move in and out: .....
Phone number: .....
Copy of your identity card
For how many months/years do you want the apartment: .....

I appreciate your interest in my apartment and I’m looking forward to our future collaboration and friendship.

Sincerely,
"

After reply to this email, a contact for the supposed agency (it's an hoax email, where part of the heading of the real agency is used but other text is introduced). Many mistakes are committed, as the date of construction of the building is too recent to match previous claims that he lived in Faro for 5 years, there's not door number in the address, no ID for the owner (just the name), address in London doesn't match postal code, etc, etc. One minute later from receiving the agency email, I receive his email stating this:

"
Hello,

I just arrived from the agency I did the contract and gave them the apartment keys. The agency will contact you with the transaction details please wait their contact.
If you are not contacted by ImmobilienScout24 agency in 24 hours please write them an e-mail at ImmobilienScout24: [email protected] and ask about the transaction: ID: 55739141

Thanks in advance and hope to hear back from you soon!

PS: Because the agency sends their notifications in HTML format it is possible that you receive their messages in your SPAM box of your e-mail account, please check there to.
"

Basically, a money transfer is asked even before there is a chance to see the flat (which, obviously doesn't even exist), and a promisse is made that, after seeing the flat, is you don't like it, they will return the money in full.... duhh!

It seems a very elaborated story, building upon the ones already reported in this thread. These guys are getting more polished, we need to be careful.

Best regards to all and hope this helps someone not to get scammed.
#104808 by BubbLesJo Sun May 27, 2012 10:09 am
Hello, I have registered on this website to show you that almost fall also into this scam of false leases .. read this:
"Hello,
First of all i'm sorry to write you in english but i don't speak Portuguese. I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in :rua armando josé fernandes 7,charneca da caparica freguesia,2820 almada,setúbal, Portugal. It has 3 rooms (T2) : 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room (90m2 ).
I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Portugal, but now she's back home (ATHENS/Greece) permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time.
Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.
The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 300 EUR/month. The Finca(Deposit) is also EUR 300, and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. My daughter is building her life here, and i am too old to move to Portugal, so we won't disturb you.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Ilaria Loggia and I'm a 58 years old graphic designer from ATHENS/Greece, planning to retire in the next 2 years. I have a lovely husband, David and a 25 year old daughter, Linda. I am very proud to say that soon I'm going to be a grandmother :). Another member of our family is a 8 year old Labrador which we all love, so, I have no problem if you will keep pets.
The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave ATHENS even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training.
But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from ATHENS (on my expense of course).
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
All the best from ATHENS!

Ilaria Loggia
Department Manager in Graphic Design
94 LEOFOROS PENTELIS
ATHENS, 152 34 ,Greece
[email protected]
#104811 by BubbLesJo Sun May 27, 2012 10:33 am
Hello, I have registered on this website to show you that almost fall also into this scam of false leases .. read this:
"Hello,
First of all i'm sorry to write you in english but i don't speak Portuguese. I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in :rua armando josé fernandes 7,charneca da caparica freguesia,2820 almada,setúbal, Portugal. It has 3 rooms (T2) : 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room (90m2 ).
I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Portugal, but now she's back home (ATHENS/Greece) permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time.
Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.
The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 300 EUR/month. The Finca(Deposit) is also EUR 300, and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. My daughter is building her life here, and i am too old to move to Portugal, so we won't disturb you.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Ilaria Loggia and I'm a 58 years old graphic designer from ATHENS/Greece, planning to retire in the next 2 years. I have a lovely husband, David and a 25 year old daughter, Linda. I am very proud to say that soon I'm going to be a grandmother :). Another member of our family is a 8 year old Labrador which we all love, so, I have no problem if you will keep pets.
The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave ATHENS even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training.
But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from ATHENS (on my expense of course).
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
All the best from ATHENS!

Ilaria Loggia
Department Manager in Graphic Design
94 LEOFOROS PENTELIS
ATHENS, 152 34 ,Greece
[email protected]"

After this response to my request for information on the property in question, i told "her" what i wanted and who I was and asked how She would then proceed to lease the property.
Unlike the first email, the second does not show any sympathy and actually shows a certain coldness, and a willingness to dispatch business and receive money and it was here that I began to suspect ...

"I want to inform you that REMAX will hold the money until you will confirm to them that you like the apt and keep the keys. If you don't like it, you only have to return the keys to them after they will refund the money to you and they will deliver the keys back to me on my expense.
I will need to inform you the steps about how this service works and how we can make it happen. You will only have to deposit to REMAX Service the first month of rent + security deposit (Finca) - 600 EUR - so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract.
Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain to you step by step how this will work:
1 - To start this transaction i will need to know your full shipping information, full name, full shipping address and phone number to proceed with this deal .
2 - I go to the REMAX Office and leave the Keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
3 - REMAX will check the envelope to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
4 - REMAX will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody, in which you will be told that they have the Keys and that they checked it.
5 - At this point you will have to go to a WesternUnion Agent Location and make a money transfer deposit on the REMAX agent name in ATHENS/Greece assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed, the total amount you shall deposit is for the first month of rent.
6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the infos about the money deposit to REMAX (MTCN#, sender's name and address)
7 - REMAX will verify the payment informations and if everything is in order they will deliver the Keys and the contract to you .
8 - After you receive the package, You will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not, if everything is in order you will instruct REMAX to release the funds to me.
If you don't like the apt they will send your money back and you will send them the keys and the contract to them to return the package back to me on my expense.I will pay REMAX Service for the shipping and you will pay WesternUnion for the Money Transfer fees.Now i must know for sure if you agree because here are a lot of peoples interested to have this apartment rented and i want to know for sure what i must tell them. If you agree what i suggested i will tell them that my apartment is already rented and i will keep it for you. If you agree then i must have all the shipping details so i will be able to make all the arrangements for the REMAX delivery.
very Important: WesternUnion is just a methos of payment , they are not authorized to give you any information about this transaction for your security.You just have to do a normal money transfer to a person (REMAX agent).Only REMAX has access to this transaction for more security.
Thank you for your interest and wait news from you."

And I suspected because, first in Portugal REMAX does not work that way, Portuguese people do not accept this type of business and i do not think it´s properly deposit money into some account from someone who i doesn´t know and even not seen the house ... this is not normal neither here nor in the world! People who accept these conditions have to be careful not to be deceived by such unscrupulous people.
Thanks for posting this kind of news on the internet for people like me do not fall into these traps, and also i want to appeal to everyone to denounce here and in all possible sites for these situations are liable as a crime!
Joana GL
#166631 by sonicoliver Thu May 23, 2013 3:40 pm
If a deal is too good to be true, it quite often is.

I got a very similar email from a listing on the same site ( http://www.immobilienscout24.de/ )

Hi again,
I will explain the best way I can. I have a contract with a real estate agency and I have already paid for the service (no charge for you).
The real estate agency will send an agent to show you the apartment in my name at a scheduled date (at your convenience ). You will meet with the agent at the scheduled date and hour in front of the building.
The agency requests a 1000 EUR deposit in advance (2 months rent) to be sure that the client has good intentions. It kind of makes sense since they handle abroad rentals and they send the agents all over Europe. Only after you transfer the deposit to them, the agent is sent to meet you for the viewing. The agent is German and it will be at your service the same day you have completed the deposit
I have already signed a contract with them, so if you want to rent this apartment we will have to follow the rules of the agency.
I want to make 2 things very clear:

1) the deposit that you have to pay in advance is 100% refundable if you don't like the apartment(if you want to keep the apartment the agency will give me the money as payment for the deposit months)

2) the payment is a simple formality and by paying you are not obliged to rent the apartment. You are just respecting the policy of an abroad rentals agency .

Now, in order to start the transaction, I will need the following information from you :

a) your full name ( first name, last name )
b) your current address(street name, street number, postal code, city)
c) your telephone number
d) rental period desired
e) email address

After I will receive this information from you I will forward them to the agency.
They will send you an invoice with the payment and viewing instructions, and all you have to do is follow these instructions to have the priority in taking the apartment.

PS: After this first payment through the real estate agency, the rent will be paid monthly to my bank account on a scheduled date (at your convenience).

Best Regards
+447502136616

He even included a scan of his passport (???) but it's probably someone elses... I kinda want to contact the guy to let him know his passports being misused.

Also, now that I've got a real-life scammer on the line, I feel messing with him a little too...
#166638 by Con Warner Thu May 23, 2013 4:58 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners sonicoliver.

Could you please post the email address that the scammer used and any earlier emails if you have them.

As for messing with him, please don't do it with your real life details (which he has). Try a visit to the forums at our sister site, you can learn how to inflict pain on a scammer whilst staying anonymous... http://www.419eater.com/

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
#196779 by ZeFrenchie Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:51 am
Hi All,
These guys seem to be at it again on http://www.immobilienscout24.de/ as this was the answer I got for an ad yesterday :

First I'm sorry that I contacted you in English, but I don't speak German and also thank you that you are interested in my apartment for rent situated in Joachimstraße 12 B, 10119 Berlin, Germany.

Apartment have 61m² and is situated on the second floor and have 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, 1-kitchen and 1-living room, 1 Garage and was renovated in April 2013, it is newly furnished and equipped with all the utilities ( washing machine, air conditioning, internet, phone, plasma TV, DVD player, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer etc.). Also the apartment is near the public transportation, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, pharmacies and everything you could possibly need. The apartment is rented furnished and equipped ( all the furniture is new and modern ). In case that you decide to use your furniture, you can store my furnitures in the large basement cellar. For me are no problems if you have any pets, as long as you clean up after them.

At first, I want to introduce myself personally, my name is Luther Swahn and I'm 44 years old Management Consultant in Malmö / Sweden. I was born in Germany but I live since 1975 in Malmö with my family. The apartment I inherited from my grandfather who died 2 years ago. I live here in Malmö with my family ( my wife Maria Swahn and my daughter Natalia Swahn ) and we don’t use the apartment from Germany. This is the reason that I decide to rent it. I would like to rent my apartment in nice and responsible people , and I would need some personal information about you ( your name, how many people you want to stay in the apartment as long if you have a steady income, etc ).

The rent price for every month will be 405 Euro and very important is that all the bills for hot water, cold water, gas, heat, electricity, cable TV, internet access are included in the rent price. For the first month you have also to pay the security deposit ( Kaution ) and will be 810 Euro but will be refunded when you leave the apartment ( you need at least 30 days in advance let me know ).

Unfortunately, my job does not let me go, even for a single day, so I will not be able to come and meet you personally for a while, but this won’t affect the rental at all. I can make arrangements to have a real estate agency to handle everything for me and takes care of everything you need to receive the keys and the rental contract.

Give me in your next email more information about yourself, and if you seem trustworthy to me, I will explain the whole process about the rental company. I hope you will be an ideal tenant, and believe we can bring our conversations in a short time to complete.

Friendly greetings from the Sweden!

The ad got removed today but there is a fake website and company VIP Con Rental Company (http://vipcon-rental-company.com, at least they've got a sense of humor!).

As they had the IVD logo on the site I called up to check and nope, they're not registered to do business in Germany so I sent the IVD Nord lady I spoke to the link to the site for them to check it out and get them for fraud.. The phone number of the company is also fake of course.

The site was created 3 days ago and registered by a certain [email protected]
And the scam is being conducted by [email protected]

Watch out for them ;)
#198648 by ka3ki Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am
Thanks! Your previous posts saved me a scam.

I "thought" I had found a nice apartment through immobilienscout24.de
The "owner" contacted me from a gmail account, here's his email:

Hello,

First I'm sorry that I contacted you in English, but I don't speak German and also thank you that you are interested in my apartment for rent situated in Eschholzstraße 26, 79106 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany.

Apartment have 58m² and is situated on the second floor and have 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom, 1-kitchen and 1-living room, 1 Garage and was renovated in April 2013, it is newly furnished and equipped with all the utilities ( washing machine, air conditioning, internet, phone, plasma TV, DVD player, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer etc.). Also the apartment is near the public transportation, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, pharmacies and everything you could possibly need. The apartment is rented furnished and equipped ( all the furniture is new and modern ). In case that you decide to use your furniture, you can store my furnitures in the large basement cellar. For me are no problems if you have any pets, as long as you clean up after them.

At first, I want to introduce myself personally, my name is Luther Swahn and I'm 44 years old Management Consultant in Leeds / United Kingdom. I was born in Germany but I live since 1975 in Leeds with my family. The apartment I inherited from my grandfather who died 2 years ago. I live here in Leeds with my family ( my wife Maria Swahn and my daughter Natalia Swahn ) and we don’t use the apartment from Germany. This is the reason that I decide to rent it. I would like to rent my apartment in nice and responsible people , and I would need some personal information about you ( your name, how many people you want to stay in the apartment as long if you have a steady income, etc ).

The rent price for every month will be 405 Euro and very important is that all the bills for hot water, cold water, gas, heat, electricity, cable TV, internet access are included in the rent price. For the first month you have also to pay the security deposit ( Kaution ) and will be 405 Euro but will be refunded when you leave the apartment ( you need at least 30 days in advance let me know ).

Unfortunately, my job does not let me go, even for a single day, so I will not be able to come and meet you personally for a while, but this won’t affect the rental at all. I can make arrangements to have a real estate agency to handle everything for me and takes care of everything you need to receive the keys and the rental contract.

Give me in your next email more information about yourself, and if you seem trustworthy to me, I will explain the whole process about the rental company. I hope you will be an ideal tenant, and believe we can bring our conversations in a short time to complete.

Friendly greetings from the United Kingdom!

After my reply, he sent another email, which sounded too fishy:

Hello again,

You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems .

I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for the first month of rent will be 405 Euro ( money for the first month in which you move in apartment ) and I want also security deposit ( Kaution ) 405 Euro, in total in the first month you have to pay 810 Euro without additional charges to pay. The money for the next months (405 euro) I want to receive monthly in my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire money.

I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment. The delivery for the keys and the rental contract (signed by me), will be made by a real estate company they will also help us to make a third party transaction so you can therefore feel safe about this deal. The real estate company that I hire to make the transaction is a international company and is called VipCon Rental Company and you can find more information on them website ( www.vipcon-rental-company.eu ).

To start the transaction with the real estate company I need to send me all this details:

Full name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Mobile phone number:
ID Card number or Passport number:
Date of Birth:
Date you want to move in the apartment:
Rental period that you want to stay:

Now let me to explain you how the transaction it works:

After I received all this details, I can go to real estate company office and start the transaction. When the real estate company will have the keys and the real estate company on them custody, they will send you a delivery notification, in which they tell you that they have the keys and that they checked it.

When you receive the delivery notification from real estate company, you will have to go your bank office and make a bank transfer on the VipCon Rental Company in United Kingdom, assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed ( 810 Euro ). If you don` have time to go to your bank office you can make the payment online to the bank account of the real estate company. I must to tell you that the payment must to be made in 24 hours or early after the transaction was started.

After you make the deposit you will have to send to real estate company the payment confirmations from bank money transfer, so they can know that you already made the deposit. VipCon Rental Company will verify the payment and if everything is in order they will delivery the keys and the rental contract to you in 48 Hours. The real estate company will send to you an agent at your house door, and that person will come with you to visit the apartment to see that all is right. If you will be satisfied with the flat, you will sign the rental contract. However, if you are not pleased with the apartment for any reason, the real estate company agent will give you the money back immediately, and I will get my keys and documents back ( I will write on the rental contract this condition, to be sure that you will get your money back ). Also I will write on the rental contract to have three days to check the apartment better, and after these three days, you have to contact the real estate company and tell them your decision ( if you want to keep the apartment or no ).

Also, in case you have another apartment right now, and you can't move immediately, we can make the deal as I explained it now, and consider it only an inspection and reservation until you will be able to move there.

I will pay for the services of the agency, so there will be no costs for you.

I am waiting for your quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thank's and have a good day

Very Important: Only VipCon Rental Company has access to this transaction for more security. Your money will be in safe in VipCon Rental Company custody and I hope you read my e-mail very well, and know that you have to pay before see the apartment.

I looked up VipCon Rental Company to realize it's a scam. VipCon Rental Company has a fake website that may seem authentic at a first glance.

Cheers folks.
Ka
#199151 by jdoe Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:14 am
I got the exact same message but for Karlsruhe instead of Freiburg..

Hello,

First I'm sorry that I contacted you in English, but I don't speak German and also thank you that you are interested in my apartment for rent situated in Karlstraße 122, 75837 Karlsruhe, Germany.

Apartment have 58m² and is situated on the second floor and have 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom, 1-kitchen and 1-living room, 1 Garage and was renovated in April 2013, it is newly furnished and equipped with all the utilities ( washing machine, air conditioning, internet, phone, plasma TV, DVD player, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer etc.). Also the apartment is near the public transportation, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, pharmacies and everything you could possibly need. The apartment is rented furnished and equipped ( all the furniture is new and modern ). In case that you decide to use your furniture, you can store my furnitures in the large basement cellar. For me are no problems if you have any pets, as long as you clean up after them.

At first, I want to introduce myself personally, my name is Luther Swahn and I'm 44 years old Management Consultant in Leeds / United Kingdom. I was born in Germany but I live since 1975 in Leeds with my family. The apartment I inherited from my grandfather who died 2 years ago. I live here in Leeds with my family ( my wife Maria Swahn and my daughter Natalia Swahn ) and we don’t use the apartment from Germany. This is the reason that I decide to rent it. I would like to rent my apartment in nice and responsible people , and I would need some personal information about you ( your name, how many people you want to stay in the apartment as long if you have a steady income, etc ).

The rent price for every month will be 405 Euro and very important is that all the bills for hot water, cold water, gas, heat, electricity, cable TV, internet access are included in the rent price. For the first month you have also to pay the security deposit ( Kaution ) and will be 405 Euro but will be refunded when you leave the apartment ( you need at least 30 days in advance let me know ).

Friendly greetings from the United Kingdom!

the response after the first email was about 5min after pressing send. That sounded quite fishy.

bad bad world :(
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed code added quote.
#200047 by jdoe Mon May 05, 2014 3:09 am
Another one, this time with translation into german:

Hallo,

Zunächst vielen Dank , dass Sie sich für meine Wohnung in der Karlstraße 122 , 75837 Karlsruhe , Deutschland.

In der Wohnung gibt 58m ² und befindet sich im zweiten Stock und haben die 1- Schlafzimmer, 1 - Bad , 1- Küche und ein Wohnraum , 1 Garage und wurde im April 2013 renoviert und ist neu möbliert und mit allen Versorgungseinrichtungen ( Wasch ausgestattet Maschine , Klimaanlage, Internet, Telefon, Plasma-TV, DVD-Player , Trockner, Geschirrspüler , Kühlschrank, Gefrierschrank etc.). Auch die Wohnung ist in der Nähe der öffentlichen Verkehrsmittel , Supermärkte, Restaurants , Bars , Apotheken und alles, was man brauchen könnte . Die Wohnung ist vermietet möbliert und ausgestattet ( alle Möbel sind neu und modern) . Im Fall, dass Sie sich entscheiden, Ihre Möbel verwenden, können Sie meine Möbel in den großen Keller Keller zu speichern. Für mich ist es keine Probleme , wenn Du Haustiere , solange Sie bereinigen ihnen nach.

Zunächst möchte ich mich persönlich vorstellen , mein Name ist Nicholas Kalberg und ich bin 44 Jahre alt Management Consultant in Leeds / Großbritannien. Ich wurde in Deutschland geboren , aber ich lebe seit 1975 in Leeds mit meiner Familie. Die Wohnung, die ich von meinem Großvater, der vor 2 Jahren gestorben vererbt. Ich lebe hier in Leeds mit meiner Familie (meine Frau Maria Kalberg und meine Tochter Natalia Kalberg ) und wir haben die Wohnung aus Deutschland nicht verwenden . Dies ist der Grund, dass ich mich entscheide , es zu mieten . Ich möchte meine Wohnung in nette und verantwortliche Personen zu mieten , und ich brauchen würde, einige persönliche Informationen über Sie (Ihr Name , wie viele Menschen, die Sie in der Wohnung so lange bleiben wollen, wenn Sie ein regelmäßiges Einkommen , etc ) .

Der Mietpreis für jeden Monat 405 Euro und sehr wichtig ist, dass alle Rechnungen für Warmwasser , Kaltwasser, Gas, Wärme, Strom, Kabel -TV, Internet -Zugang sind im Mietpreis enthalten. Für den ersten Monat haben Sie auch die Kaution ( Kaution ) zu bezahlen und wird 405 Euro sein, aber wird zurückerstattet , wenn Sie die Wohnung verlassen (Sie müssen mindestens 30 Tage im Voraus lassen Sie mich wissen ) .

Leider ist mein Job mich nicht gehen lassen , auch für einen einzigen Tag , so dass ich nicht in der Lage , zu kommen und treffen Sie persönlich für eine Weile , aber das wirkt sich nicht auf die Miete überhaupt. Ich kann Vorkehrungen treffen, um eine Immobilienagentur müssen alles für mich zu behandeln und kümmert sich um alles, was Sie brauchen, um die Schlüssel und den Mietvertrag zu erhalten.

Geben Sie mir in Ihrem nächsten E-Mail weitere Informationen über sich selbst, und wenn Sie scheinen vertrauenswürdig zu mir, ich werde den ganzen Prozess über den Vermieter zu erklären. Ich hoffe, dass Sie eine ideale Mieter sein und glauben, dass wir unsere Gespräche in kurzer Zeit zu bringen, um abzuschließen.

Freundliche Grüße aus dem Vereinigten Königreich !
#200051 by jdoe Mon May 05, 2014 3:31 am
And another one:

Hello,

I bought this apartment for my studies in Germany, but now I`m back home permanently, so I'm renting out the place. We will not use the place any more, so you can rent it even for long periods without any worries.
The flat is fully furnished and renovated, as you could see from the photos.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer.
The place is fully equipped with air conditioning, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, LCD TV, etc.
Also, very important, the utilities (water, electricity, broadband Internet, digital TV, garage) are included in the rent of € 300,00/month. Requested 1 months in advance (I will need a 15 days notice).
I would like to know how many persons you intend to share the flat with, and for how long.
If you are interested in this situation we can make a deal faster without any type of complications, and we can arrange everything with a company who rent apartments from distance.

Apartment address: Litzenhardtstr. 114 76135 Karlsruhe, Beiertheim-Bulach
Living room: 1
Bedroom: 2
Kitchen: 1
Bathroom: 1
Balcony: 1
Private parking: 1
Area: 90 qm

Thank you!

and the follow up
I will explain how the company work
www.desire-agency.com

Step 1

The Tenant and owner are agree with the terms. Both parties agree with the terms of the transaction, which includes the description of the apartment, rent price, number of days for the transactions of the company and the tenant's inspection information.

Step 2

The Owner will send the keys to the Tenant and pay the commission cost. Behind the payment verification, Desire Agency is authorized to send the package and present apartment information.

Step 3

The Tenant sends the payment method to Company financial agent by bank transfer. Processing time for payment is 24/48 hours.

Step 4

The Tenant receives the keys. The Tenant has a certain number of days for inspecting the Apartment and the ability to accept or reject.

Step 5

National Express pays the Owner when the Tenant confirms it. For security reasons, please do not disclose payment information to the Owner or any unauthorized person.

So if you are agree with the company, we need your full name, address and phone number,

Regards
#200076 by TerranceBoyce Mon May 05, 2014 5:04 am
http://www.desire-agency.com is a fake escrow website claiming to be an English company written by someone clearly not totally familiar with the language or the regulatory requirements for any company offering such services.

Our Company Desire Agency reduces risks associated with Internet transactions by acting as a trusted licensed online transactions.

The site is riddled with such jumbled and incomprehensible sentences.

It's also rather a silly name which is more suitable for a dating agency.

Hilariously, if you check this page

http://www.desire-agency.com/?page=PrivacyPolicy

…. you'll note that the name of the chief executive changes from 'Maria Hayes' to 'Teresa Chavez'.

Looking more closely at that page, it appears to have only been partially edited from a previous impersonation of a Spanish entity whose name and address hasn't been removed.

I could go on, but further examination is not necessary.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#200123 by Mike Wilson Mon May 05, 2014 11:17 am
The website www.desire-agency.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon