Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#203371 by JohnBranca Wed May 28, 2014 12:53 pm
Another Craigslist scammer: [email protected]

They will tell you that their buying for a family member, after item ships, charges it back with Paypal (Paypal does not protect anything outside of eBay). This person made the offer very tempting by offering $100 so that they can get it for their family member. Don't be fooled!!

Their excuses are like they never got it, their account was hacked and they never bought anything... etc.

You can easily educate yourself online on how these Paypal scammers work - Google it.

This person texted me, again, like all the others, never wants to talk on the phone - more excuses. The number that came into my mobile text is: (413) 685-0654. I call and they never answer, but they do text me back that they got my msg but they are on a business trip.

[email protected] is a phishing, scamming Paypal address. You've been warned. They will steal your Paypal monies AND your merchandise.

John
Advertisement

#215493 by DawtComm Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:47 pm
I just received the same scam on an item I was selling on craigslist. This time he's got the same story and all. From the phone number 443-855-9519. He is still claiming he sent payment to some Agent and that I needed to give the agent the tracking number to receive payment. Email looks somewhat authentic until you start digging. The Email user name is Service@paypal but the underlying email is [email protected]. Red flag!

So I stopped shipment just in time and he is still arguing with me over text that the payment has been pulled from his account already and that the agent needs to verify its gone through the sort facility at usps before I receive payment. Hmm, doing a little research by that time you have no chance of getting your item back or stopped when being shipped over seas.

They want you to ship to a Nigeria address in Lagos.

Email noting a pending payment looked like this:

You received an email from PayPal company. You have got funds of $xxx.00USD pending to be credited to your account for goods bought. There was a transfer of funds from Scott Williams and the fund is pending to be transferred to your account. So as soon as we receive a Shipping Tracking Number from you via email, your account will be credited immediately.

Additional Note: I did receive a physical call back from a totally different number now and it sounds like a middle aged man. Was very broken up so guessing it was relayed from somewhere else. That number was 405-265-5936.
#215497 by Bryon Williams Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners DawtComm,

I am glad you were able to recall your "item" and not get scammed.

The scammer will more than likely contact you again with threats from the FBI or his fake lawyer. Just ignore him and he will go away. He is programmed to respond to any message you send. He will think that he has you still on the hook.

Please sell your "item" face to face in a public place. Cash is always best.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#220525 by unhuky Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:16 pm
Same guy want to buyer my product,see below message
Dear -----

You received an email from PayPal company. You have got funds of $1500.00USD pending to be credited to your account for goods bought. There was a transfer of funds from Scott Williams and the fund is pending to be transferred to your account. So as soon as we receive a Shipping Tracking Number from you via email, your account will be credited immediately

Below is the verified shipping Information:

Name: Kane Williams
Address: No 22 First Avenue
City: Festac
State: Lagos
Zip Code: 23401

Thanks for using PayPal
DawtComm wrote:I just received the same scam on an item I was selling on craigslist. This time he's got the same story and all. From the phone number 443-855-9519. He is still claiming he sent payment to some Agent and that I needed to give the agent the tracking number to receive payment. Email looks somewhat authentic until you start digging. The Email user name is Service@paypal but the underlying email is [email protected]. Red flag!

So I stopped shipment just in time and he is still arguing with me over text that the payment has been pulled from his account already and that the agent needs to verify its gone through the sort facility at usps before I receive payment. Hmm, doing a little research by that time you have no chance of getting your item back or stopped when being shipped over seas.

You received an email from PayPal company. You have got funds of $xxx.00USD pending to be credited to your account for goods bought. There was a transfer of funds from Scott Williams and the fund is pending to be transferred to your account. So as soon as we receive a Shipping Tracking Number from you via email, your account will be credited immediately.

Additional Note: I did receive a physical call back from a totally different number now and it sounds like a middle aged man. Was very broken up so guessing it was relayed from somewhere else. That number was 405-265-5936.
#220526 by unhuky Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:18 pm
Same guy sent me offer my product,see below message
Dear -----

You received an email from PayPal company. You have got funds of $1500.00USD pending to be credited to your account for goods bought. There was a transfer of funds from Scott Williams and the fund is pending to be transferred to your account. So as soon as we receive a Shipping Tracking Number from you via email, your account will be credited immediately

Thanks for using PayPal
DawtComm wrote:I just received the same scam on an item I was selling on craigslist. This time he's got the same story and all. From the phone number 443-855-9519. He is still claiming he sent payment to some Agent and that I needed to give the agent the tracking number to receive payment. Email looks somewhat authentic until you start digging. The Email user name is Service@paypal but the underlying email is [email protected]. Red flag!

Same guy want to buyer my product,see below message
Dear -----

Thanks for using PayPal

Bryon Williams wrote:Welcome to Scamwarners DawtComm,

The scammer will more than likely contact you again with threats from the FBI or his fake lawyer. Just ignore him and he will go away. He is programmed to respond to any message you send. He will think that he has you still on the hook.

#220527 by unhuky Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:19 pm
Dear -----

Thanks for using PayPal

#220528 by unhuky Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:21 pm
unhuky wrote:Same guy sent me offer my product,see below message
Dear -----

Thanks for using PayPal

#220529 by unhuky Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:23 pm
Dear -----

Thanks for using PayPal
JohnBranca wrote:Another Craigslist scammer: [email protected]

They will tell you that their buying for a family member, after item ships, charges it back with Paypal (Paypal does not protect anything outside of eBay). This person made the offer very tempting by offering $100 so that they can get it for their family member. Don't be fooled!!

Their excuses are like they never got it, their account was hacked and they never bought anything... etc.

You can easily educate yourself online on how these Paypal scammers work - Google it.

This person texted me, again, like all the others, never wants to talk on the phone - more excuses. The number that came into my mobile text is: (413) 685-0654. I call and they never answer, but they do text me back that they got my msg but they are on a business trip.

[email protected] is a phishing, scamming Paypal address. You've been warned. They will steal your Paypal monies AND your merchandise.

John