Information on romance scams and scammers.
#22053 by Ralph Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:52 am
Name: Micheal Brown
Email address used: [email protected]

Claims;
Born, grew up and attended university in Italy
Mother from Ireland
Father from Italy
Worked in his uncle's gemstone company as a gemologist
Was married and has a son
Wife left him and his son

Other charactors;
The Barrister,
Michael Addo Nartey
[email protected]
Phone: 233246011164

The scam;
This scammer will scour social networking sites including Myspace.
he will quickly fall in love and ask for your help with a delivery of gold, a Barrister will be introduced who will tell you about fees that need to be paid for delivery of the gold.

This scammer, like many romance scammers will use chat to speed up the process

Advertisement

#22056 by Ralph Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:27 am
Here is another picture he has stolen;

Following are some of the emails the scammer will use, most of them are prewritten scripts;

IT WAS NICE READING ALL UR EMAILS I WILL LOVE TO CHAT WITH U MORE AND KNOW U BETTER ..I WILL LIKE TO CHAT WITH U ON THE COMPUTER THEN TALK ON THE PHONE AND MEET U..WELL I DO TRAVEL ALOT BECAUSE OF MY WORK IS THAT A PROBLEM TO U..I DO TRAVEL FOR SOME STONES. SO TELL ME WHAT U FEEL SO FAR ABOUT ME ..THAT IS MY WORK I DEAL IN STONES LIKE GOLD AND DIAMONDS..AND OTHERS..WELL FEEL FREE AND ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS U WILL LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT ME BEFORE MEETING ME IN PERSON AND I WILL LIKE TO ASK U SOME QUESTIONS BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT U ..HOPE TO CHAT WITH U SOON ON YAHOO MESSENGER..HOPE U HAVE ALL MY PICS AND I WILL TRY AND SEND U MORE..TAKE CARE AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM U ..MICHAEL AND DAVID

Subject: NOTIFICATION OF SHIPPING FEE.

NARTEY CHAMBERS.

Attorney at Law and Legal Consultant.
Mailing address:Barrister MICHAEL ADDO NARTEY.
NARTEY Chambers and Associates.
P.O. Box CT422 Cantonment Accra - Located at 1st Floor, Swanky Arcade, Former King-sway Building..
1232 Ring Road Central.
Accra Ghana.
Tel/fax :+233-21-402497
Mobile : +233-246-011164
E-Mail Address : [email protected]

Hello Madam Removed,

Top of the day to you and your family,this is Barrister Nartey,the legal adviser to
Mr. Brown,On this note i wish to informed you that the my client has
disclosed to me that he does have any funds on him now and i want to let u know that we are in a reliable and trust worthy shipment proposal.
you are to receive this gold in your country for a profitable business,and for safe keeping too.well i want to draw to your notice that you are responsible to work out things together with me to get the product ship out of the country.you are to abide and understand all right principality i ask of you .well i have a lot of work at my disposal and also jurisdiction and you are entitled to let me know work it out. thanks for the details i ask of you and am going to used all to process out the paper works and also documents as well and please you are to let me know when exact payment will be make , in other to reduce delay in shipment.so please let me know you ideology and perception as well.please can you let me have your voting card or driving licensed....
thank you.
barrister Michael nartey addo
#22057 by Ralph Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:33 am
Here the scammer has introduced a Barrister so he can appear to be more legitimate

To: Removed
Sent:
Subject: NOTIFICATION OF SHIPPING FEE.

P.O. Box CT422 Cantonment Accra - Located at 1st Floor, Swanky Arcade, Former King-sway Building...
1232 Ring Road Central.
Accra Ghana.

Hello Madam Removed,

thanks for getting back to me as soon as possible and please how much are you going to send to me on Friday?please what time should i expect the money?

We have to give you detailed breakdown considering the time constrain.. Please make payment into the account section of my law office through Western Union Money Transfer . We shall commence with the processing of the shipping documents and paper works as soon as payment being made full.

Pls. pay in the name of my personal account as the details states bellow :
ADDO MICHAEL NARTEY
P. O... BOX CT422.
ACCRA -GHANA.
After payment send MTCN

We await your urgent response.

Yours Faithfully,

Barrister Michael addo Nartey

In this email the scammer will tell you all about himself, it is to draw you into this person so you can feel like you do know a lot about him, these early emails are often quite long, not normally quite this long;

Sent:
Subject: let me know if u are still interested

i grew up in Italy i graduated from(university de technologies de Troyes,in Italy)my mom is from Ireland and my dad from Italy(Rome) Italy is my fatherland.I'm a Italy citizen by birth.i lost my parent when i was a child
In 1980 i lived with my Uncle in Italian and we thought things were going to workout but we finally departed because My Mom wanted me to live with her in Ireland,So i start working in a gemstone company that shapes,cuts grades and appraises all sort of stones including diamond..This company was own by my uncle in Italy and also in USA at Louisiana..

Before i started working as a gemologist in my uncle's company i got engaged to a lovely lady who gave birth to my son,she left me shortly after i traveled to Canada for stones,,only left a note with the young boy and that was the last i heard of her.After raising the boy to a considerable age i agreed to work for my uncle as he had been my helper when i was left to cater for a lonely child.

Even though she sold my only building i have to admit that my time with her was the best,we were preparing for marriage but i just don't know why she did that.in the midst of all that happened My Uncle introduced me to the purchasing and reselling of Gold from South Africa and Brazil,I got into the business and soon enough i have quickly established myself and the Gemstone Company as well.

Though i went through a lot of pain after what happened to me,thanks to the almighty i quickly recovered and so it is a thing of the past though i don't want to talk any more about it.

I can not say that i am a role model myself i do have my flaws also but i only try to limit their occurrence in as much as i can and also i learn to ask for forgiveness too! After all to err is human but to forgive is divine eternal..

We all in this world have our own nemesis ,dear i have also been through a lot and as you can see no one can get to the future when the past is still present ,I don't know if you have been hurt before or if you have passed through some of the things i passed through before but if you have i want you to know that do not let the past hinder your progress.

We have to be patient and get to know each other more and well. if only u ready to take ur time and focus on me.yes all i ask is that we need to be honest and true to each other: and leave the rest to the lord. thats all i need.dear i love to let u know where i stand......

So I do not want to meet someone who may think that he will take advantage of me, or lie to me and cheat on me under false pretenses. Sorry if that sounds harsh, and I'm not accusing anybody of any wrongdoing, but I'm being upfront and honest about that, so you know where I stand from the beginning. With all due respect as well, I hope that you are upfront and honest with me, as well.

All i want is one woman that i can be happy and spend the rest of my life with which i know it does take time to come true and am ready and willing to take that time to embark on that journey no matter how long it will take to make that dream a reality as i know nothing good comes easy but with faith and help of the lord it will come true!

Though i hate to say this,there are some men that are dogs... but i would not waste my time and your time and if God willing i hope that he will give us the opportunity to meet and see what happens ,, when we do and from what i see and we chat about i hope that we will become soul mates and if not i would love to be friends and that is one thing you can not have many of.

I decided to find my true woman by following my heart ,for you i think am ok with you and am admiring you more but still following my heart and see what the lord have for us ,painful it will be to give your time to someone and find out its all just a game....

All i want from a woman is LOVE AND HAPPINESS..because i know greed of money is the root of all evil..i don't mind being rich or not as far as you have something special in ur heart that interests me.

Well, I hope that this lets you know a little about me, and I hope I don't come across as being too cynical, harsh, or meansounding. I will give anybody the benefit of the doubt (we're all human, we all make mistakes), but I also don't like being taken advantage of.... I'm just asking you to keep it real and be honest from the beginning; that way, nobody is wasting their time or getting their feelings hurt.

I also realize that at times two people are atoo different to be in a relationship together; it doesn't mean that it's any body's fault, it's just that they're too different to be compatible. Hope this finds you in good health and that things are well with you. Until next time (and I hope I didn't scare you off
#22058 by Ralph Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:37 am
Another email from the barrister, in this email he is almost begging his victim to believe him, you will also notice his attempt to use big words;

Sent:
Subject: Re: NOTIFICATION OF SHIPPING FEE.

P.O. Box CT422 Cantonment Accra - Located at 1st Floor, Swanky Arcade, Former King-sway Building..
1232 Ring Road Central.
Accra Ghana.

Hello Madam Removed,
thanks for the inconvenience you caused to my jurisdiction and why didn't you draw to my attention earlier until now and i know that you are really finding it difficult to understand and also trust me..please do bear in mind that am here to work out all the necessary paperwork and documents for my client your husband ,and you are not willing to co-operate and think am here to take advantage of you ,please have a good perception on me and i have redraw from all.
thanks you.
barrister Michael addo nartey

The Barrister's email is followed up with an email from the original charactor trying to convince his victim to follow the barristers instructions;

Sent:
Subject: thinking of you.

Good Afternoon My Love,
How is our love? how is work?hope all is well with you and once again thanks for the lovely and delightful mail sent and am so much glad for that and honey i want to let you know that you are all that i have in my life and you are the woman of my heart but it hurts me whenever you don't give me the fullest trust and honest cos you and i know that love without trust is useless and meaningless and this is the basic fundamentals of love and without it nothing exist again honey... honey you are the woman i need and want in my life cos you bring so much joy and happiness and there is no one like you in my life that's why i keep on praying hard for this relationship day and night for everything to go on well with us honey....
honey you need to understand me and knows that am not this way but due to situation and also condition am passing through that is making me look bad and also think a lot but if am able to solved it out ,such a things will never happened in my life again honey..

honey please stop doubting me and also honey just let your saying be all and not to decide and later then change up your mind cos it hurts and i know that everything will be okay and extend my warmest to all love you so much and stay bless bye.
#22059 by Ralph Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:39 am
Sections of chat from the scammer, most of this will be prewritten and saved in his draft folder, as he goes through the chat he will pull out his scripts and paste it in, by doing this he will have more time to chat with another victim while he is chatting to you;

Scammers will add many fake documents to their scams in an attempt to look legitimate, they will have you believe you are the only one who can help and that they desperately need to get back home;
am so much worried and also frustrated cos i need to work out all the paper works and also documents backing the gold so that it will be send to the security firm for examination before they will process it at the shipping firm so that it will be send to you honey
lovelymicheal10 honey i love you so much and i cant get out of here without me bring up my necessary precious product i came to purchased out here honey

They want you to believe that you are the only one they love
honey you means alot to me and you are the most important and also precious person in my life cos you bring so much happiness and jot to me my wife

They will often call you wife, this is another way to draw you into their fantasy, hoping you will fall in love with the idea of a man who wants to give you the fairy tale you have only ever dreamt of.

The scammer believes his victim is hooked enough for him to begin his scripted (prewritten) lines about how he will need you to send money;
my wife i love you so much and nothing can prevent me from loving and also thinking of you cos you means all to me and i do pray for you as well but right now am worried and also i have told the barrister who is helping me out solved and also do all the necessary documents for the payment and also legal backing of the gold bars and dust to make the work fast but it seems he is delaying me up my wife

Here he is adding legitimacy to the Barrister, of course it is actually him;
my wife i know the barrister so much and he has helping me win and also solved out alot of paper works and also documents but it seems are not on the right path now and things are f%#@ up with me here my wife

The scammer is now trying to speed things up, keep an eye out for this, you will see it throughout;
i wish i will give you the nod so that you will start talking to the barrister to help me solved it out fast and also let him know that am your husband so he should explain all that is going on and also sees to how we can work things fast honey

Trying to add legitimacy to his scam be showing how “open” he is
honey you are entitled to ask him anything you want to know concerning the gold isses and also how you and him can work out things fast so that the paper works and also documents can be work out fast honey

Trying to draw you further into the fantasy by telling you he will share the gold with you, this will show how much he trusts you and he will attempt to get you to trust him as well. Of course, scammer rely on their victims trust so it will be an important part of their scam
honey you and i know that the precious gold bars and dust belongs to you and i cos you are all that i have in my life and i feels like sharing with you all that i have achieved in life honey
lovelymicheal10 my wife i want to let you know that am not a greedy or self cenetered but i gives out when the times arises and you are for me cos you are really a mannna from heaven my wife
#22060 by Ralph Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:55 am
Scammers will often make sure their victim is well hooked before getting into the money requests, here you will see him telling his victims sweet nothings before going in for the money
my wife you are really a God sent to my life and i want to let you know that happiness and joy is the basic am always to give to you and also caring is all i have reserved for you my wife

Trying to tempt his victim by explaining how much gold he has and how much it is worth, Im not saying anyhthing but I think he may have a problem with the value :wink:
honey this is the list of the documents which backs and also for you to know the basic things that have gone on with me here just keep it down honey Commodity --------------- Alluvial Gold Dust
Quantity ---------------- 50kg
Quality ------------------ 24+ carats (96.66%)
Price ------------------- $18,500 USD PER KG
Origin ------------------- Ghana: W/A
lovelymicheal10 honey :i love you so much and nothing can delete you out of my life cos you are so sweet and also lovely and please do keep down all the data i sent to you and i will give out the barrister informaton to you so that you will call him and also mail me and start working things with him so that they gold bars and also dust will be ship to you as soon as possible honey

Reinforcing that his victim is his only hope, this is common and prevents you from suggesting somebody else from his life could be helping him, he will also raise the issue of trust;
honey you know that you are all that i have in my life and also honey you must restore all the details i sent to you and also trust and also have time for the barrister cos he is a serious and also a busy lawyer and has alot of business transaction and also cases at his disporsal so you are to forced him out and also tell him work out all the paper work and also please if he ask of something from you please do it and also draw my notice and please just le know all that is moving on my wife

The barrister will play an important role in getting you to trust him, getting to talk to him on the phone is an important part of this;
lovelymicheal10 : my wife you are entitled to call him anything on his cell phone , if you calls the landline it is not always you will get him and also mail him as well and just restore his infomation down

Notice he will reinforce again about the Hon Barrister, he is suggesting that is his mane;
lovelymicheal10 : this is the mail address of the barrister.
lovelymicheal10 : [email protected] and he's name is Hon Barrister Addo Nartey Mike,233246011164 and am havings same name with him .well i like him so much and he has help me through out the past my wife

Here we have mention of his victim needing to pay money to this Barrister for fees
my wfe you need to let him work all the paper works and also documents backing the gold and also pay all the necessary things remaining now my wife

I would like to highlight, no legitimate gold dealer would ever leave himself so short like this, prior to purchasing over $9,000,000 worth of gold of gold a legitimate dealing would know exactly what he was going to do with it and where he was taking it.

Another thought, if this was legitimate, (which it is not) he would be able to locally sell some of the gold to pay these fees he needs to be paid
#22061 by Ralph Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:03 am
False promises and lies continue
lovelymicheal10 : my wife i love you so much and you are the only person in my live and i cant do away without you cos you means the world to me and always give thanks and praises to have you in my life wife
lovelymicheal10 : my wife am also confused and also worried but please lets sees through this and just help me out ,ok and i promises that as soon as i arrives and also sell some of the gold bars to my client i will pay out with interest my wife
lovelymicheal10 : Kiss

Trying to speed things up again and making out that his victim is the only one stopping all of his promises from coming true straight away
lovelymicheal10 : my wife i know that you have aot of things to do but my wife i need to pay out the shipping fee and also examination before i can leave here my wife

trying to push his victim around now, he needs his Barrister to deliver the news about the fees so he is making out he doesn't have any idea about how much it will be, again no legitimate dealer would put himself in that situation, a real dealer would know exactly how much it was going to cost and a real dealer would know exactly what he needed
lovelymicheal10 : my wife you need to start talking to him on phone also ask him how much it will cost and when exactly the gold will be ship and the time and tracking down of the items honey

Here he will try to explain why it is that he has been so unfrofessional
lovelymicheal10 : my wife thats all i need to work out now cos have used the monies i have on me to do all the basic necessary things honey
lovelymicheal10 : honey you need to used your name stand and used do all honey

With every money request will come extra loving words
lovelymicheal10 : Happy

trying to hurry the scam along again
lovelymicheal10 : my wife am worried and also confused and i dont want to stay any longer here but to come home fast and it seems things are not really on it own now and you are all that will stand for me and also help work it out honey

Further dragging his victim into his trap by telling her the gold in question is hers
lovelymicheal10 : my wife just tell him that am your my wife and also the gold belongs to you and i and you will help me out do all the necessary payment and also do all the paper works and also docment as soon as possible honey

This small section shows how low scammers are, he realises his victim does not have the money he wants to steal but he doesnt care, he will have her beg, borrow and steal to get it, that is of no consequence to the scammer, his only concern is getting his hands on his victims money
lovelymicheal10 : honey you have not call him on phone to know the amount and also when you are entitled to pay but you said you dont have money honey
lovelymicheal10 : honey just talk to him on phone and also hear him what he will says out my wife

lovelymicheal10 : honey i know that you dont have it but i wnat to let you know that i will pay you as soon as i arrives and sell it out to my client honey
#22119 by Ralph Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:02 am
Hello Removed
I miss you. I'm just here thinking about you, like I always do. I hope you're as happy as me, I'm missing you so much that you've been on my mind all day and night It's the middle of the day and I was thinking about you, as usual. I want you to know how much I sincerely love the countless hours we spend talking. It means so much to me. It truly seems like I've known you forever and I honestly can't imagine life without you now. There will be no looking back, no second thoughts and no regrets,Sometimes life hits you with unexpected things that take you totally by surprise. All I can say is you're the best surprise life has given me and your capacity for love, caring, and understanding never ceases to amaze me. I've truly been blessed by finding you and I'll never let you go

Your friend
Michael and David

After being ignored, the scammer tries every trick he knows;
Hello Honey,
thanks for the notes and i will like to draw to your notice that i love you so much and i mean all my words cos you are the woman on my heart and nothing can change it up cos you are so sweet like honey... honey am thinking and dreaming of you day and night and nothing can change it up honey.... i will always pray for our love to progress as well..

honey i want to let you know that the barrister is mad and he is not wiling to continue with the paper works and honey i don't have any money to pay a new lawyer now cos he will charge for consultation fee and i don't have it honey..

honey we need to find a solution and also honey i prefer you sending it through the agent so that i will pay the shipping firm and everything will be okay as soon as possible ,OK honey...

stay bless honey...

#22188 by Ralph Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 am
Further sections of chat;

Scammers want you to believe they have nobody but you to turn to;
oh yes and my wife and am so worried and i dont know what to do cos you are all that i have and i hope both Dave and also the entire family is doing okay as well my wife

This little section explains that another person will be introduced, "The Shipping Company"
honey i dont know cos all lies in the hands of the barrister cos he is the one who is to do all the paper works and also documents for the backing and also rsend it to the shipping firm for the payment honey

notice here the scammer refers to the US as "state" that is a common African mistake;
well i told him your name the last time but i dont think he still can remember but he knows that i have a wife in state ,thats all honey
Kiss

honey i love you so much and i told him that you are my wife and everything i have in this world and you are really a blessing to my life honey

wish am closer to you now so that i will help you out do all and also kiss you whiles preparing the tea honey

At this stage, the scammer thinks he has his scam all wrapped up, close inspection will reveal more common African gramatical errors
my wife you are so sweet like sugar and i will always enjoyed you in my life honey

Scammers, particularly the African ones actually are mainly very religious, so much so that they will even pray for a good paying victim, the believe it is their god given right to steal from the unsuspecting;
oh yes and honey i love you so much and honey you are to pray hard and also ork it out so that i will come home fast and be with you honey

Reinforcing that you are all he has and once again, "trust"
my wife you know that now you are all that i have you in my life and i trust and also believes you more than anybody and know that me and you can make it out honey

Here the scammer is trying to get his victim to hurry along before she realises it's a scam
honey just try your best for me and also the attorney is a busy man and also doesnt have all that much time so you need to pressure him to work it out fast and also come home to be with you honey

Like a broken record;
oh yes and honey you are sweet more than honey and you are all that i have in my life honey

honey you can mail him and also tell him about you and also the main purposed of why you call him on phone and also honey just keep on calling and mail and tell him that you have sent him a mail as well honey