Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#298838 by scootergirl Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:56 am
I have an advert on bikesales.com.au

1/ Got a text from 'lenon' and it said... "is your bike still available for sale? email at ( [email protected] ) the firm price and condition.

2/ I replied via email... "Yes, still available. Firm on price. It's in perfect condition."

3/ He replied 'Lennon Lewis' via email address '[email protected]'...

"Thanks for getting back,i'm pleased with the price and the condition as described on the advert,I work on a remote mine site, Energy Resources of Australia Ltd (ERA) Darwin NT.We do not have access to phone at the moment and that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility,Does it have any history I should be aware of and why are you selling?

Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal linked up with my westpac bank account,please get back to me with your BSB,Acct name & Number so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your PayPal payment details as i can also pay into your Paypal acct.
I've contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.
Await your reply"

4/ I replied via email...

"Hi there,

Thank you for your interest.

I've been selling online for a long time, and I'm concerned by your lack of availability to talk via phone or meet in person and your eagerness for my bank details.

Would you be able to confirm your identity first please? Or use Skype to chat as you clearly have internet.

Kind regards,

*scootergirl*"

5/ He replied via email...

"i would have called or come to see it in person but due to the nature of my work.my courier will come for the collection after the whole fund is cleared into your account and also do the signing of the necessary paper work if at all there is.Get back to me with your bsb,account name and number so that i can proceed with the payment asap as i will like it delivered to my place before my arrival and attached is a copy of my license and passport in case you need my details."

He also attached a photo of 'his' license and 'his' passport (cant figure out how to upload here)

I've ceased contact with him.
Advertisement

#306826 by Bman Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:52 am
First post.
Hi, I have just received a SMS from "Carsales" (no number) asking me to contact Lennon Lewis on [email protected].
He wants to buy my car sight unseen for the asking price and a courier will pick it up.
Apparently he works for Energy Resources of Australia Ltd (ERA) Darwin NT. and has no phone.
Seems there is no way of stopping these scum bags as he is still at it.
#306828 by Bryon Williams Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:01 am
In this scam the scammer is NOT interested in your car. He wants to steal your money. No one will ever come to pick up the vehicle. It is all a scam with the scammer playing all roles. The scammer is using a free email address and a fake name.

The scammer wanted to send you a fake Paypal payment. He has a fake Paypal address from a free email provider. The payment would look real. Its a screen shot of a fake payment. He then will instruct you to pay a mover, shipper or agent. The fake Paypal email from the scammer would say that your Paypal funds will be released when you send the scammer (mover,agent or shipper) money via Western Union or Money Gram. In reality Paypal would never hold your funds.

Log into Paypal directly without any links to check for monies received or call Paypal directly from the number on their site.

If you are selling electronics, Cell phones or computers then the scammer is trying to steal your "item". Your fake funds will be released when you send the scammer a scan copy of a receipt showing you mailed your item.

This same scam works with fake check and money orders. You and your bank will think they are real. After you cash the fake check. Days or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fraud. Your bank will have you repay the monies. Possibly close your account for fraud and report you to Law Enforcement.

The best thing to do is to sell in person face to face in a public place.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#308401 by Bbeulah Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:40 am
Hi everyone, new to this website. I put an add on gumtree which Lennon Lewis replied to - to my phone that came up as gumtree. I replied via email and he wanted to buy my van unsighted as he works in Darwin wanted to pay via PayPal payment. My question now is tho does he has access to my email now I have emailed him? And maybe my phone somehow? Thanks
#325787 by Rahl123 Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:47 pm
Definitely a scam also goes by many various other [email protected] addresses.

You may also get a payment verification:

From: "notificationviapaypal member@paypal" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> >
Date: 21 April 2017 at 7:16:06 am AEST
To: XXXX
Subject: Payment Confirmation

<https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/4f-R_4pFH3HZI7BixRowPyp2ywYwqhq1IKKtZFIdVUjFaKyvDJkfpKzMwrVWjA-4UVUNdRxg72nD1efvdrPyibC2iWxLGT8nrszdBz8VVO4U7oJW4nytyw=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/header/t1Hdr_securityCtr_760x156.jpg>

Dear ,

We hereby want to assure you once again that the total sum of $11,050.00 AUD will be credited into your account as soon as you provide us with the complete details of the western union money transfer used to send the additional fund of $950.00 AUD meant for the item pick up to the buyer's pick up agent. We also want you to know that your money has already been deducted from the buyer's account and it cannot be returned back to him which means that it is secure with us but has been put on hold and will not be credited into your account until we receive the necessary details from you. The western union money transfer information's needed are the MTCN and the sender's name and address used to send the money. This information's will be given to you by western union after the money transfer has been done. The western union transfer can be done at western union section at your post office.

We are sorry for any inconveniences this might have caused and we want you to know that the total sum of $11,050.00 AUD is ready and available to be credited into your account as soon as the necessary step is taken by you.
#325788 by Rahl123 Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:51 pm
Begin forwarded message:
Date: 21 April 2017 at 7:16:29 am AEST
To: XX
Subject: Re: Camper trailer
I have just completed the payment and i expected PayPal to have notified you to this effect.check your mail folders(inbox,spam and junk mail) i sent $11,050 in all.i added $1,050 but $950 will be sent to my agent in China through western union at post office,the extra $100 is to cover the western union fee. PayPal said they will not release the fund until you email them the western union details for verification,and also to enable my pick up agent to come for pick up and inspection.Here is the agent's details where the money will be sent.

Name: Xingwei Li
Address: 23 First world Plaza
Hong Li Road
Tian District
Shenzhen China.

Please get the necessary details sent to PayPal (Money Transfer Control Number)MTCN and senders name and address used to send the $950 so that they can release the whole fund into your account.Please get back to me once done.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 12:16 AM, XX wrote:
Cool. Keep me posted. As soon as money is in I'll take the add down.

Out of curiosity, who is your pickup agent?

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Apr 2017, at 7:50 am, Lennon Lewis <[email protected]> wrote:
I was just about to pay when i had this problem with the pick up, my pick up agent says i will need to pay for the pick up before they can
schedule a pick up time, they charged me $950 for pick up and delivery and payments for pick up made through them is made to their
corporate international headquarters which is in china and the payments is made through western union money transfer, i will add the $950 to the money i will send as soon as i have made the payments, i will email you and let you know and please i will need you to help me send the money to my pick up agent HQ in china through western union money transfer,this can be done at any post office,there is always western union money transfer section in most post offices it can also be done online at www.westernunion.com.au, i would have done it myself but i don't have my credit card here,I will appreciate your help here and thanks for your understanding.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 2:36 PM, XX> wrote:
Hey no dramas. It's yours. Let me know when payment is through. There will be a transfer of rego. It's got nearly 10 months on it. I'll print off the paper work at the office tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Apr 2017, at 2:56 pm, Lennon Lewis <[email protected]> wrote:
i would have called or come to see it in person but due to the nature of my work.my courier will come for the collection after the whole fund is cleared into your account and also do the signing of the necessary paper work if at all there is,i will let you know when the payment has been made in couple of hours and also contact my pick up agent,he will be signing the necessary paper work on my behalf.Please tell others it's sold and remove the advert as i will like it delivered to my before my arrival and attached is a copy of my license in case you need my details.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:06 AM, XX wrote:
Hi there,

History is that we purchased the camper from Mountain Trail in Albury and have had it since new ie one owner so to speak.

Selling it because recently upgraded. No point having two of them.

PayPal is fine. XXX is the PayPal acct. allow a few days for payment to clear and I will contact you and you can organise courier.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Apr 2017, at 7:40 am, Lennon Lewis <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks for getting back,i'm pleased with the price and the condition as described on the advert,I work with Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd.Beetaloo Basin,Northern Territory, Australia.We do not have access to phone at the moment and that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility,Does it have any history I should be aware of and why are you selling?

Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal linked up with my westpac bank account,please get back to me with your BSB,Acct name & Number so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your PayPal payment details as i can also pay into your Paypal acct.
I've contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.
Await your reply

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 1:42 PM,XX> wrote:
Hi there,

Its present condition is good. Absolutely solid. Its been used off road though so it's not pristine. No dents or anything like that.

Breaks may need a service depending on how often you use it, as the trailer Is heavy. Tires are perfect.

Body is solid, water proof and canvas is in really top notch condition and no tears. The ctek and the battery is a 4 months old.

If you are looking for a true off reader you won't be dissappointed.

$10,000.00 is as low as we will go.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone