Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#322448 by Rhonda Robinson Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:48 am
Lorilee Whitlow
I will take care of the shipping, you don't have to pay anything than the $2500.The shipping process will be done by a military carrier. It will take 3 days until the trailer will deliver the truck to your home address. All the documents you need for ownership; title, manuals and the bill of sale, etc.. will be provided along with the vehicle. I listed in different states because I need to sell it in the next 7 days and I thought this way I can find a buyer faster. I think I can have it there at your home address within 3 working days. Right now I'm in a military base in Utah Army National Guard, UT, we are training, getting ready for deployment. Due to the fact that this is a large transaction I would like it be handled by eBay Insurance which allow you to get the truck first, benefit of 5 days inspection period and then I will get the payment. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the truck and agree to keep it, eBay Insurance will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can physically see the truck before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns. I need to know if you are still interested, so I can ask eBay Insurance to send you the details on this deal. If you are interested, please include in the next email your contact information for eBay Insurance (full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can start the procedure.
Thanks, hope to do business with you soon
I will contact eBay Insurance right away regarding the transaction. They will reply to you with an invoice containing all the details of the transfer. Please get back to me as soon as you receive it
Waiting for news
eBay Payment eBay Motors™ Payment Instructions ID #FEV-58874

Safety reminder:
Using eBay you get the chance to inspect the purchased item before any money are being released to the seller.

eBay Motors™ Payment Instructions ID #FEV-58874

eBay Motors Buyer Protection Order Summary
Dear ,
eBay Motors Seller Lorilee Whitlow started the transaction through eBay Motors Buyer Protection Program!After verifying the membership of this specific member and confirming his overall good standing, we have approved the development of this transaction,based on Seller's purchase protection account on file with eBay Safety Department.
Five easy steps to complete your eBay Motors transactions:
1. Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms: Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the Vehicle, sale price and 5 days for the Buyer's inspection.
Any invoices that are not paid within 48 hours will expire and your Vehicle will no longer be reserved.

2. Buyer Pays eBay Motors: If a Buyer is new to eBay Motors, Credit/Debit card is allowed if amount is not greater than $500. In case that your purchase amount exceeds $500 the Buyer submits payment by *** One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card ***

3. Seller Ships the Vehicle: Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship the vehicle and submit tracking information. eBay Motors verifies that the Buyer receives the vehicle.
The inspection period begins once the Vehicle is delivered.

4. Buyer receives the Vehicle: The Buyer has 5 days to verify the item and the option to accept or reject. Return shipping will be at the Seller's expense.

5. The Seller is Paid by eBay Motors: The transaction is complete. If the buyer is not satisfied, he must notify our agency with the item issues, after the inspection period. A solution to most problems can usually be negotiated between the Buyer and Seller. If this is not possible, the Buyer will receive the money from our trust account.
• In case the Buyer refuse to continue the transaction with the Seller from other reasons, our agency will return the funds to the Buyer.
2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer [ DMV Vehicle Inspected / Clear Title ]
Sale Price : $2,500.00
Quantity : 1
Shipping : $0.00
FPS Fees : Paid By Seller

Total : $2,500.00

Seller Information: Buyer Information:
Name: Lorilee Whitlow
Address: 12953 S. Minuteman Drive
Draper, UT 84020
United States Name:

Address:

eBay Motors Payment Instructions
• Payment must be submitted via One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card and can be purchased with cash, credit card or debit card at thousands of stores nationwide.
• First, you purchase a One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card from a participating retailer. Load cash is onto the pack at checkout. Then you can pay for your Online Shopping on eBay Motors.
• One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card is an easy and convenient way to send money to where you need it.
• Through One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card services we can guarantee you 100% protection and insurance in this transaction.
• eBay MotorsTM will secure the payment until the buyer receive, inspects and accepts the item.
• Or, if it will be the case, eBay Motors will refund the payment to the buyer.
• You can add only up to $500.00 into One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card. For your purchase you need to buy 5 One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card of $500.00 each.
• Once you bought the One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card and loaded the debit, confirm your payment by email with the following information:
• The funds will not be released under any circumstances. We will hold the payment until you will send us the confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agree to keep the vehicle. When we will have your confirmation we will transfer the funds to your Seller.
• For your purchase you have to buy cards as in the draft exposed below or has the One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card logo on them.
• One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card are distributed at over 10,000 locations nationwide including Kroger® and Safeway grocery stores, and Rite Aid® pharmacies.

• Why should I use the One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card as opposed to other same day money transmitter services? There are many reasons:
• Using One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card as method of payment you can't lose your money.
• The money will still be in his pocket as vouchers and he can use them anyway he want.
• The One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card must be handover only after the item is received and tested.
• Confirm the payment by replying to this email the following details for each card :
• One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card Number (16 Digit Number from the front of your Cards)
• Expiration Date
• CVV Number (3 Digit Number from the front of your Cards)

Protection against fraud and misrepresentation
The eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection program is an insurance policy that may protect you in specified circumstances against fraud, breach of warranty and misrepresentation, including the following situations:
• VPP offers protection only for losses associated with eligible transactions for qualifying vehicles in the following situations:
• You pay for a vehicle and never receive it.
• You send a refundable deposit for a vehicle and never receive it.
• You pay for a vehicle and receive it but suffer losses because:
• The vehicle was determined by a law enforcement agency to have been stolen at the time of the end of the listing.
• The vehicle has an undisclosed or unknown lien against its title.
• The vehicle make, model or year is different than what was described in the seller's listing at the time you placed your bid or offer.
• A title is required for the vehicle by your state and the seller's state but you did not receive a title from the seller and it is not possible to obtain a title from the appropriate DMV.
• The vehicle has a title with an undisclosed salvage, rebuilt/rebuildable, unrebuildable, reconstructed, scrapped/destroyed, junk, lemon, manufacturer buyback, or water damage brand at the time of the end of the listing. (This protection is not available for vehicles listed in the Dune Buggies, Race Cars or Trailers categories.)
• The vehicle is less than 20 years old and has more than a 5,000 mile odometer discrepancy from the mileage as stated in the seller's listing.
• In addition, the VPP also provides protection against certain undisclosed damage for vehicles that are less than 10 years old (10 year threshold is based on model year): The vehicle had undisclosed engine, body, transmission, and/or frame damage at the time of purchase that will cost more than $100 to repair. The cost of repair to any one of those components must exceed $100. For vehicles in the Boats (engine and hull only), Buses, Commercial Trucks, and RVs & Campers categories, the cost of the undisclosed engine, body, transmission, or frame damage must exceed $1,500. Race Cars are not eligible for this protection.
• Vehicles that are subject to a recall for this type of damage are not eligible for VPP.
Tracking Number Status: Pending

Please confirm in 2 days (48 hours) your proof payment by replying at this email with the attachments (photos)
• One Vanilla Prepaid Visa Card Number (16 Digit Number from the front of your Cards)
• Expiration Date
• CVV Number (3 Digit Number from the front of your Cards)
For any questions you can contact eBay Motors Customer Support replying to this e-mail !
+1(805) 621-7136
Sincerely,eBay Motors Trust & Safety TeamCopyright © 2017 eBay Inc. All rights reserved.
Advertisement

#322451 by Rhonda Robinson Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:40 pm
In order to confirm your purchase please reply with the following information for each card :

-One Vanilla Prepaid Card Number (16 Digit Number from the front of your Cards)
-Expiration Date
-CVV Number (3 Digit Number from the back of your Cards)

For any questions please reply.
Thank you for using eBay Motors™ Buyer Protection Program.
Sincerely,
eBay Motors™
#322456 by Mike Wilson Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:37 pm
Hello and welcome to Scamwrners,

Please post the email address used by the scammer. This information will help other avoid losing money to these criminals.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon