Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#323145 by bancora Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:17 pm
Hi guys,
Thank you for posting on here about this and confirming my suspicions when I received communication from yet another scammer in reply to my kijiji ad. I was contacted via text and asked to email my final price to "Debbie Roxanna", which I did. To that she replied

"Hi,
Thanks for your fast reply, I'm interested in it,how i wish to come and view it in person but am out of town, I am an underwater photographer (shooting for Discovery) and was sponsored by another dry suit company in states, So i won't be able to come and do things personally,I have gone through the AD and am satisfied with the condition and the price ,i will arrange for a shipping courier company that will come and pick it up at your door step or anywhere you prefer as soon as you received payment, I usually pay with cash but due to my current position,i will be paying you through PayPal which is fast, safe and reliable method of payment and . I'll add the 3.9% PayPal surcharge to the firm price. kindly send me your PayPal payment invoice or create an account at http://www.paypal.com if you don't already have one and set it up within 5mins, Please Get back to me with the details below :

Full Name:
PayPal Email address:
Cell Phone No:
Total Amount:

I am eagerly waiting to hear from you. Thank you very much for your time.

Greetings,."

The phone number was 1-224-276-7803 and email address [email protected]. I will now research and see what I can do to report the email address and phone number.
Advertisement

#323148 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:33 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please do not report the email address. If you do your warning to others will become useless.

The scammer will take 5 minutes out of his life and create a new free email address. We will find the scammer only again when a potential victim or even worse a victim reports it to an Anti-Scam site.

Same with the phone number do not report it.

(224) 276-7803
2242767803 is a VoIP number with an area code in IL

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/