Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#325964 by DavidSacto Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:52 pm
A similar profile was tried on me just today. I'm trying to sell hospital bed on Craigslist. "Mark" contacts me with a full offer and insisting on paypal. Then, he slips in the "oh you have to wire money to the shipper first" before he can submit the payment to me. Typical scam.

he used [email protected] this time. The email is full of masked email addresses and URLs purportedly from PayPal but not. After establishing interest in my listing, he sends this email below, and then concurrently I get bogus "PayPal" payment received alerts in my inbox.

Alas, I check my PayPal account and no money exists. I guess they expect rubes will go send the shipper a wire transfer without actually checking their own account first? Weak.

I have just made the payment and the money has been deducted from my account,Let me know as soon as you got the confirmation of my payment from PayPal kindly check your email inbox or junk mail boxes for the confirmation mail from paypal and Find the below information for the shipper details.......

Sofia Rene Cannaday,
State: Sacramento,
City: CA,
zip code: 95821

kindly send the $450 to the shipper as soon as possible and email the details of the transfer to me.
I wait for your swift response.
Thanks and nice doing business with you.
Regards Mark...
Last edited by AlanJones on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Split from unrelated topic and personal details removed
Advertisement

#325970 by AlanJones Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:37 pm
For the bots Mark James - [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#327230 by dahbou Sat May 06, 2017 1:04 am
I registered just to reply and say THANKS for your posts!! My MIL just today received an email from Mark James using the email [email protected]. He expressed interest in a dining room table she is selling and asked if she had paypal. He also told her he would be using a "shipping company."

Luckily, she asked me about it and with a quick google, I found this thread. Thanks again for saving us time, money and many headaches, I'm sure!