Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#326139 by svetlio_pln Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:08 am
Hello, I've just run into a fake car sale post in mobile.de

link is below:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/detai ... geNumber=1

The seller claims the car is England (not Germany) and offers to ship it to the buyer's
location using a international transport company services.
They ask from buyer to transfer 1/2 of the car price to the transport company's account
in order for the shipment to start.
It's a scam - don't bother paying any money. Email used by seller is:
[email protected]

See part of correspondence below:

" Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my vehicle. It is a non-smoking car and visually as technically in a super condition. I am very busy in my job, I work like doctor in London. I bought this vehicle when I worked in Germany. I am the second owner. The vehicle has German approval papers and German number plate (TUV available until 2018). I did not have enough time to sell the vehicle before my departure from Germany, so I have it here with me. I wanted to register the vehicle here in England, but the cost is very high, so I wanted to use the internet to sell this beauty in Germany. Since I am in England now there are only 2 ways to do this sale:

* The first alternative is for you to travel to England, see the vehicle, make all the sales papers here and then you can go back driving this car.

* The second way is to use a transport company that deals with the transaction, vehicle and the money. I work every day and I do not have time to travel and I think your free time is limited too, so this is the perfect way to make things easier, fast and safe for both of us. I will pay the company, so you will not pay extra money then the vehicle price. You will get the vehicle to your home address, and you can check the car before making the final decision. I think this is the perfect way for us. Payment is by bank account. I will tell you everything step by step as the transaction will work if you are interested.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed with this transaction.

Greetings from Great Britain,
Dr.Antonia Jones "

"
Hello,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your attention and understanding. The best and safe choice for both of us is to use a transport company. I confirm that you will pay only 9.000 € the car price. Delivery costs and insurance during transport will be covered by me. I will briefly explain to you how the transaction works, step by step:
* Buyer and seller agree to the terms and conditions. First I will bring the car to the transport company. I will use the transport company © European Transport LTD: http://www.european-transport.eu
* The company will check documents and ensure that you receive the car in perfect condition.
* The buyer will receive an email with transaction details and you must make the payment in the account of transport company. You will receive a tracking number that is a system which makes it possible for the customer to control online where the vehicle is located at any stage of the process.
* The transport company will contact you with delivery and payment information. To start the delivery, you must pay 50% from total amount (4.500 €) in transport company's bank account and the rest of 50% (4.500 €) when you receive the car. Once the 50% is deposited the delivery will start. The car will be delivered to your address within 3 days and if you want you can check the car and papers at a local dealer or authorized service in your city. If for any reason you don't want the car you may reject the agreement. In this case, the representative of the company will refund you the amount paid immediately and the transport company will send me back the car at my expense.
* If you keep the car the company will transfer the money to seller's account and the transaction is complete.
The transport company does not deliver the car until the money is not received in the company's account. If everything is clear and you have decided to buy this car send me your full name, address, mobile phone and a copy of your passport / ID so that the shipping company will make all necessary formalities and start the transaction. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Regards,
Dr.Antonia Jones"

Just for reference here is a link to similar fraud offers by the same user ( different email of course )

viewtopic.php?f=6&p=321722#p321722

There are many "red flags" that the arrangement raised:
*they reduced the price by nearly 2000 euro without negotiation
*they are only using pictures of the car taken at one time , even if you ask for new ones
(with today's newspaper on the seat for example ;) )
* they agree to pay for both sending and possible return costs in case you deny the car

I haven't reported the ad , it is still active, so just to let you know , be careful and if you
suspect something is not right - it most likely really isn't.
I haven't paid any money, so no harm done to be, yet it was a close call.
Advertisement