Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#45449 by PetsWarehouse Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:35 am
Well here is something different...

I am a competitor, not a customer, yet the issues that this company has caused has now involved us somehow...

(as posted on Dogz Online Forums http://www.dolforums.com.au)...

As of noon today we (Pets Warehouse Australia Pty Ltd) have started to receive phone calls and emails from customers asking where there orders are.

In all cases so far each order was actually placed with PetFood247

For some reason, suggestions have been made through "The grapevine" that PetsWarehouse.com.au is also PetFood247

I have asked the people in question where they heard this, and aside from "On a website" etc I have very little to go on.

When I advised them to join here, or read the thread on the ScamWarners website, they get very sheepish and don't provide much more information (except for a few that have sent a copy of there invoice so I can ensure the supplier/manufacturer of whatever product was ordered be aware of what is happening).

Aside from also being based in the South West of Sydney, we have nothing to do with them, and for obvious reasons would prefer they stop trading in such a manner. Listing products that are not in stock, not sending orders out etc etc in the long run damages the online retail industry, and we all know what retail store pricing is like.

I would have preferred not to say anything, but when 10-20 orders missed getting sent out today by the time the courier and AusPost did there pickups due to being on the phone dealing with these people I have to get the word out there somehow.

(Note to Moderators: If this is out of line in any way, please remove)

Thank you

Where your pets would shop!
Advertisement

#45473 by petpat Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:40 am
I wish I knew about this site before placing my order.
When something like this happens you can't believe it and think it is only happening to you.
But by going through all these posts we are not alone.
I own an online store (Selling Coins and Banknotes) and I couldn't put my customers through what this crowd are doing.

I ordered through them 8 months ago for sentinel for my dog. Good Price fast easy no complication delivery.
So naturally when the tablets run out you go back to the source again and don't think twice about ordering.
I ordered on the 4th January and after a couple of weeks I realised I didn't receive the despatch confirmation email. Thinking they may be effected by the floods I sent them an email. No reply. So I called. Their voice mail box was full. Tried for another couple of days and finally get to leave a message. It seems if you call early in the morning you can get on their voice mail because by the end of the day the message bank is full. I have now let 4 voice messages 3 emails and still no response. Even said "If you don't want to send the goods that's fine refund the money but just let me know" Surprisingly no response.
So I contacted my bank and they told me to fill in a customer transaction dispute. Now looking through all your comments I will also be lodging with Fair Trading.
Good Luck everyone.
#45502 by meaganmacdonald Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 pm
I am yet another victim. I placed my order on Jan 11 and after 2 weeks got a bit suspicious. After emailing with no reply, I googled the name of the website and found you guys. I felt sick to my stomach that there are people out there like this.
After trying the mobile listed on the website with no luck, i thought I would try the home number listed from here AND IT WORKS!!! I spoke to Gary and he tells me that my order should be shipped on Monday, so fingers crossed!! Considering my order is worth over $300 I can't afford not to receive it.
Will keep you posted if I get them next week.
So glad there is sites like this to share valuable information with all that get stuffed around.

The phone number I got through on is 02 95437818

Good luck to all, hope you get your orders. :D
#45514 by ghatskull Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:37 am
I have ordered and received my goods from petfood247 on three separate occasions in the past. My last order paid for on 23/12/10 has not arrived yet. I tried emailing phoning and smsing with no replys. After finding this post on scam warning I rang Gary on the number listed above. He promised me monday express post but I wont be holding my breathe. Good luck to everyone still awaiting orders and does anyone have any recommendations for a new delivery site??
#45519 by tigers11 Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:14 am
It seems that the people that are speaking to Gary directly are getting their orders - yet what about the others??
I really feel for them!!

Ghatskull; my friend uses www.pricelesspets.com.au and has never had an issue with them before. I will be using them when the current treatment tablets I have for my dog run out.
#45521 by JanH Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:30 am
I'm really shocked that Mr. McDuff hasn't changed his home phone number yet!

People that are calling him at home do seem to be getting at least some sort of response, but the point remains, NO ONE should have to dig up this man's home phone number and call it in order to get their orders filled properly.

He should be doing the right thing before it comes to that.
#45644 by Ms T Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:39 pm
I have just read the complete thread after realising I too had been sucked in. I purchased $295 worth of goods on Jan 21st 2011 by credit card,and my bank confirmed it was been taken from my credit card on Jan 25th 2011.I must admit on this one occassion I didn't do a review online,as I ususally do, but I will from now on!! Interestingly the other online order I made for foodstuffs purchased elsewhere was acknowleded and posted to me in a very timely fashion.

I've emailed PetFood 247 twice for an update and told them I'm aware of the their reputation. But heard nothing and of course their phone voice mail is full. I've rung the Bangor PO to see if they did really have a PO Box. I told them that hundreds of people are extremely unhappy with PetFood 247 and maybe she could pass that message on. I've contacted the phone number for Gary McDuff. The male answering claimed to be completely unrelated and said he was sick of being contacted.

After reading the complete thread from Nov 2009, and also:
http://www.webutation.net/en/review/petfood247.com.au
http://boardreader.com/thread/Beware_WW ... 3X3eu.html
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4422 compliants started Nov 2009
http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=203578
http://www.shopmania.com.au/site/petfood247.com.au
http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic. ... db69fcef83 Nov 10 2010

it's obvious that PetFood 247 must be aware of the appropriate online business protocol, and they are either gaining money by not despatching goods in a timely fashion, or simply gaining money by customers giving up, or deliberately despatching in correct stock, which is also cunning. Surely they are sick of all the aggro by now. Even if it can be proved they aren't fraudulent , their business practice is so very disgusting and unless some serious action is taken and followed through their is no way people are aware.

I've contacted DFT who advised me to make an official complaint to CTTT, which I've done. The man I spoke to told me he thinks PetFood 247 are bad managers but if they shut them down no -one can get their money back from them. Even if they are bad business people it's hard not to think a lot of their business is deliberately gaining from everyone who often simply gives up dealing with PetFood247.

So it's patently obvious that a class action needs to be taken and I totally agree with JanH & Soph683. I'm also collating the list of all scam alert websites to strengthen this. A class Action group may also give strength to "A Current Affair" and the appropriate Federal Member as well. How do I contact JanH to join the class action group? Looking forward to some decisive and final action form the approprate bodies with everyone's help.
Last edited by Ms T on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#45649 by JanH Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:57 am
All information listed below is a matter of public record. It is only intended to provide a central source of information for consumers who have experienced issues with the named retailer and wish to take appropriate and legal actions to recover their funds and to attempt to prevent this from happening to others.

January 2011

The issues with petfood247 have been going on for well over a year, now.
The standard complaint tends to be that:
• Advertised pet related products were ordered online from petfood247.com.au
• The money was charged to the customer’s nominated credit card immediately
• No products were ever received
• Calls to the phone number listed either went straight to voice mail after a message regarding “orders not received” or was rejected because the voicemail was full. (No response to voice mail messages)
• Emails to the supplied address either go unanswered or are returned because the mailbox is full

Up until now, it appears that most people have been able to get their money back through the bank that issued their credit card and then they leave it at that, chalking it up as a lesson learned. Others must have given up altogether and just let him keep their money.

That is why he is still in business!!!

A number of us have found that if we pester him enough with threats of legal action or repeated calls to his home phone, that he will actually break down and send the goods. The point is, NO ONE should have to go to this much effort to get the goods purchased from him in good faith.

To all of those out there who have had issues with this business:
There is an ongoing effort to collect the necessary information to start proceedings against this person, but we need you to step up and tell your stories in the places it will be counted.
The legal actions, which I am still researching, are more likely to be successful with a mountain of documentation from the agencies listed below.

If you have not yet filed a complaint with the NSW Fair Trade, please do so!
It may not do much immediate good, but it's all ammunition. The more justification we can show, the more likely we are to get this resolved, once and for all.
If there are only a handful of people that file complaints, it is very unlikely that any significant action will ever be taken against him. However, if they are overwhelmed with complaints, they cannot ignore it and will be more likely to take swift and decisive action against him.

You can file with any or ALL of these agencies on the Internet or over the phone, if you prefer. (If you call, please don't let them talk you out of filing a complaint. Insist on it and get it on record!)

Please file a complaint with NSW Fair Trade, as he is in their jurisdiction
(I have filed at least one complaint about this business at each one of these organisations. In this case, more is better.)

Help us shut this guy down and stop this from happening to anyone else!

File your complaint with these:
(all of the agencies listed below have telephone numbers listed if you would prefer to speak to a real person)

The business details you will require are:

Business name: petfood247
ABN: 26215935282
Registered state/no. NSW BN98461919 2234
Proprietor: Mr. Gary John McDuff
Further details:
(possible address)
10 Kiara Close
Bangor NSW Australia 2234
Home Ph: 02 9543 7818
Another email to try is: [email protected]

Have your e-invoice handy to enter the dates and other details.

NSW Fair Trade Tel: 13 32 20
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/About_us/Online_services/Lodge_a_complaint.html?DCSext.ref=Homepagecomplaintclick

ACCC Tel: 1300 302 502
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/54217

ASIC Tel: 1300 300 630
https://www.edge.asic.gov.au/008/complaintV006?get/complainant/t=383fc49e734afc196677d6bf15dad19e489d71

ACCC ScamWatch Tel: 1300 795 995
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/maintain/create/index.phtml?contentTypeName=scamwatchComplaint&informationSpaceItemId=tag.ScamwatchReportAScam&inPop=1&returnUrl=.&type=Other

Australian Tax Office:
http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/content/30332.htm&pc=001/001/008/007&mnu=36388&mfp=001&st=&cy=1

and send an email to
A Current Affair:
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback.aspx

There are a number of other possible actions you might want to consider:
• Post your story on ScamWarners (http://www.scamwarners.com )
• Facebook postings at Dont trust "petfood247.com.au”
• ( http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 1895390132 )
• Contact online shopping review sites (e.g. http://www.myshopping.com.au/ or http://www.shopmania.com.au)
• Contact your local government representatives (In person or a letter are most likely to get a response. Emails tend to get deleted without being read see “How to get a Politician’s Attention” at http://www.efa.org.au/Campaigns/lobby.html )
• Post to other online pet-related forums
• Post notices in public places and in Veterinarian offices
• Word of mouth
• Email everyone you know
• Contact a private solicitor in NSW
• File with NSW Consumer, Trade & Tenancy Tribunal

Keep the Pressure on and Help Stop This “Business”!!!
#45709 by scaredycatinc Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:16 pm
Update on my order:

Order for $60 placed 16/01/11.
Sent friendly email enquiring about my order 25/01/11 (This was before I realised he was a scam artist) - No response.
Sent email advising of legal action & multiple complaints to authorities 27/01/11 - No response.
Rang Gary's home number last Saturday afternoon 29/01/11 - he answered and advised that my order had been dispatched the previous day.
Received an email yesterday 31/01/11 advising my order had been dispatched 31/01/11 (So he lied about dispatching on 28/01/11 - no surprise)
Goods arrived in mail today 01/02/11 by regular post and are thankfully in date.

I'm one of the lucky ones, but only because I persisted with him and was lucky enough to catch him at home on Saturday afternoon. The only problem is now I have 18 months worth of cat flea & worm treatment as I went ahead last week and ordered more from a reputable seller, didn't really need to outlay the extra $115 at this time but oh well.

I'm currently putting together my story to post up on Scamwatch, but seeing as I have now received my goods am I able to still complain to the other authorities listed above?

I guess all I can say to people is keep at him, threaten him with legal action and keep trying his home number you may get somewhere!
#45710 by JanH Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:29 pm
@ scaredycatinc,

I'm glad you got your order. I ended up with an oversupply of things, as well, but at least I got finally something for my money.

You have every right to file a complaint with any or all of the listed agencies. In fact, this will help establish this as his pattern of dodgy business practices.

You can also help others by continuing to spread the word.

Regards
#45711 by scaredycatinc Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:11 am
@ JanH

So far I have lodged a complaint with ACCC and ASIC, Fair Trading is next on the list then possibly the ATO.

I thought for a minute this morning that his website had been taken down as I couldn't get it to load, but alas it came straight up not long after.
#45765 by Shadowmum Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:34 pm
Well after sending upteen emails and phone calls and checking back on this site very regularly I came across his home phone number (thankyou muchly) and called him at 8am. Surprisingly he answered and said,"It's been sent I don't know what could have happened" (yeah right) and promised to send another today. I'll let you know if it arrives.

I've still placed numerous complaints and sent emails to anyone who's advertising his stuff alerting them of his practices.

I think he's just really slack and gets away with it a lot of the time when people decide that 'they've been scammed and there's nothing they can do about it'.

I'm grateful for this site and that I came across it because it's certainly helped with networking info to track him down.

Thanks everyone and site owners....CHEERS.
#45825 by Ms T Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:44 pm
KEEP LODGING OFFICAL COMPLAINTS

I still haven't heard from Petfood247 about my order. I sent another email yesterday to [email protected] but it bounced "Bad recipient address syntax". I checked the website this morning and the email address is correct

I've lodged complaints with DFO, CTTT and discussed situ and emailed the NSW Minister for Fair Trade. Virginia Judge [email protected] All three offices were aware of complaints about PetFood247. So keep lodging complaints, even though it's time-comsuming and tedious working through unwieldy websites. I've also lodged complaints to ATO, ASIC, ACCC, A Current Affair, and now I'll start on the remaining suggested areas, like pet-related forums etc.

I also thought contacting the wholesalers supplying PetFood 247 might also be helpful. Any comments?

We must persevere and keep up the pressure by making official complaints.
#45830 by JanH Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:59 pm
Keep it rolling, everyone!

Without going into the details, we are beginning to make some headway and the agencies are starting to take notice!!!

Keep those complaints to all the agencies going and keep posting here and on Facebook!

We may just win this one if we don't slow down.
#45840 by 0r10n Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 am
Just thought I'd say that I have been scammed too. Placed an order ~$65 on the 2nd of jan.
Numerous emails/calls and no reply. I have done all the ASIC, ACCC, ATO, NSW Fair trade etc complaints and had no reply. So frustrating. Sorry to see I'm not the only one.

Next step is to contact credit card comapny and try for refund I guess.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this? I'm with NAB if it helps.

Thanks.