Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
Advertisement

#122910 by marcusarillius Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 pm
I'll keep that in mind, and post it if it arrives.

You'd think that they would be aware that the FBI doesn't deal with small money claims :)

#122940 by Addie Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 pm
:lol: I got a laugh out of reading those PayPal emails. The outrageous attempts of scammers are so hilarious. :laugh-s:
#122949 by Byzantine Feline Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:16 pm
marcusarillius wrote:You'd think that they would be aware that the FBI doesn't deal with small money claims

Scammers seem to think that the FBI is some sort of omnipotent body, with unlimited reach and power. Let them carry on thinking that; I do. :)
#156773 by PhishPartol Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:31 am
Ha ha ha I knew his grasp of the English language wasn't quite up to scratch.

I was selling a camera on an Irish website and received an email from him "brouder declan". I got one the last time I was selling my bike and its the same format. Asking for the best price then willing to pay over the odds for postage through a PayPal a/c. Contacted PayPal the last time with the PayPal code of payment and they could tell me straight away that it wasn't from them.

Well done to all involved on this site for highlighting these scammers. NEVER FORWARD MONEY FOR DELIVERY ON YOUR OWN SALE. These scams are not invented by geniuses but unfortunately untraceable.

Keep up the good work.

PS [email protected] is still out there. Forward him all your spam!

Regards

PhishPatrol.
#156912 by Jillian Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:17 pm
Welcome, phishpatrol. :D
This comment is very true:
NEVER FORWARD MONEY FOR DELIVERY ON YOUR OWN SALE.

Thanks for adding to this topic. Please do contribute any other scam emails you receive so that the info will show up in searches for others.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#159617 by DFWM091 Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:56 am
Let me tell you this i'm greatful i found this tread! I can't thank you enough, i had nearly fell for the scam hook line and sinker!
The Paypal emails were the same word for word and had the exact same tone. Tell me now is there any precaution i should take with my email addresses and Name info etc? And just to clarify i was selling a camera on donedeal.ie which is an Irish selling site. Thanks again.
#161500 by StephenFlongo Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 am
Our friend Declan Broder is at it again. I'm amazed he doesn't change his name. How dumb is that. I'm selling a secondhand phone on an Irish site and this guy offers the full asking price, no questions asked. Everything through email BTW. He does the whole PayPal thing mentioned above but when asked to call me if he was serious about the offer he disappears. I decided to Google the guys name and came across this site. Thanks the warnings.

Here's the address he gave me which matches the one above.
Okay.. Shipping address i will like to send the item:
Name:Tunde O.
Address:# 38 Lafenwa Street
City:Abeokuta
State:Ogun
Zip Code:23403
#162849 by louboo2008 Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:04 pm
hi guys..only for this page i would have been scammed by DECLAN BROUDER..i put up my wedding dress,shoes etc on done deal for sale..after getting numerous texts from someone keep saying they were gonna buy,and letting me down,i stopped replying..but then a few days later,i got an email alert on my phone,from a brouder declan,saying he was interested in buying the lot,and what would my best price be..few emails back and forth,he then said he had paid over the amount,for postage to nigeria.i kind of smelt a rat,but still thought,couldnt be a hoax..anyway,even went so far as to have the package weighed at the post office and they told me the price..then that night,sat down and typed declan brouder into google and the whole thing came up!!!honestly feel like a fool...but thank you to everyone here,who stopped me from losing my dress...feel like an idiot for believing his lies though :cry: anyway,just would love to know if i go to the guards.is there anything realistically they can do???i mean i know nothing actually happened to me,but someone else might,and that is wrong..thanks:-~)
#162850 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:27 pm
Hello louboo2008 and welcome to Scamwarners.

I am happy that you found yourself here and was prevented from sending your Wedding Dress, shoe and etc to a scammer. Do you have any additional information on Declan Brouder that you could post. Like additional email addresses or the phone number he used to text you. Every little bit can help someone else when they also search the internet for help.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#162851 by louboo2008 Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm
hi bryon, the number i was texted from is 0873138477 im not 100% sure its the same person,but it was along the same lines,asking what price,wanting me to meet,wouldnt answer phonecalls..when i stopped replying,then got the emails from a [email protected] .seems to me its the same person..also the number i was message alerted from,the email to my phone was 82646 .other than that,it was the same as other people have said here.he used the same tactics..i would just hate to see someone else get burned,its a horrible thing to do to anyone..would i be wasting my time going to the guards??do you think??they wouldnt be able to trace this guy,but no harm in letting them know all the same..thansks for the reply:-)
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed spaces to make the email address searchable.