Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#204969 by Bryon Williams Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks for your mail. I'm satisfied with the condition of it as advertised in the listing,i will like to add $US200 to your final price for you to keep off from all offer,and consider it sold to me alone as i am serious with this.I will like you to know that i am really interested in buying this for my father,payment will be through PayPal and the pick up will be arranged by me as i will have my agent come down to pick it up...i will be waiting to hear from you,and i will like you to send me the name and email address on the PayPal account to send the payment and send me more pics of this item if available since it will not be seen in person so i can pay it right away I am a busy at work and do not have much time around me.Make sure you get back to me so that we can arrange for pick up as i will like the item to be picked at your residence,so no shipping

Thanks and reply asap.

Regards

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#204971 by Bryon Williams Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:03 pm
[email protected]
Ok thanks,i just want to know more about it to make sure its in good condition so can you assure me i will not be disappointed???And also ,I need to inform you about this,just received an email from my pick agent...am most sure i did not include that in my previous email,They said they won't come for the pick up unless i pay him the agent commission fee first in order to be able to schedule a pick up time.I am a Chief Engineer as my position on the sea here,I am so busy and can not pay the agent fees from here as they Requested that i pay them with Western Union.So what i will do here is that i will send the payment in the total amount of $4,500.So once you receive the confirmation of the payment from PayPal,you will deduct the promised amount for the good which is $3,700 and the remaining $800 will be send down to my agent By Western Union.I have tried to paid it direct here but there is no Western Union on the ship and am not here with my credit card to do it here online,So i believe you can handle this for me.

Get back to me so that i can go ahead and send the payment now

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#211245 by AlanJones Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 am
It is a classic overpayment scam - anyone who offers to send you more money than your are expecting and then asks you to send the balance on is a scammer - a real person would pay you the money they owe you and pay the third party directly.

In this particular case, there will be no PayPal payment, all the victim will get is a email from a fake address that looks like it is from PayPal and says that the funds have been received, but are on hold (and not showing in your account) until the shipper is paid. PayPal do not offer this type of escrow service.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.