Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#227902 by ArikY Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:10 am
Service@Credit_Europe_Bank
I really2 need some help here. :(
How to know if it's a scam or not?
I was selling item online and she said already made the payment through Credit Europe Bank and the email above sent e-mail that asked me to post the item first and then the money will be credited into my account. :(
Advertisement

#227903 by AlanJones Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 am
Banks never hold on to money pending the dispatch of an item - if money has been transferred to your account through a proper bank then it will appear in your account.

Such "Escrow" schemes are common features of scammers that want to steal your item (or get you to pay a fake shipper) by pretending the payment is on hold until you either send the item or prove you have paid their fake shipper.

Please post the email addresses (and any websites) that the scammer is using for the "buyer" of the item and the fake bank.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#227906 by ArikY Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:42 am
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. :)
[email protected]
This is the email that emailed me the "comfirmation" of the payment.
And "she" contacted me through the apps Whatsapp with the number +2347085121433
I'm not sure which one is her email, too many email that I don't recognise. :)

So, what should I do? Should I leave it be?
Sorry for asking a lot of question, I'm still a college student and I'm not that familiar with this kind of things. :)
#227911 by Mike Wilson Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:18 am
Hello ArikY,
The best thing to do is to ignore this scammer from Nigeria, Africa by deleting his emails and not responding to his text messages. The email address is a free service that anyone can sign up for an account and would never be used by a legitimate bank.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#231203 by AlaricArchard92 Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:21 am
Hi ,
i think i am in the same situation, because credit Europe Bank wont send me the money until i have sent my item first , JayMale sean hai is the guy that wants to buy my laptop but i wont send it until i am paid. What do i do? He said his money has been deducted and cannot be refunded. Please help.
this is the email address [email protected] via yahoo.com . dont know if i should trust it.
#231206 by AlanJones Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:50 am
^^^^ It is a scam, banks do not hold on to money until items have been sent - they have no involvement in the sale of your item, all they do is transfer the money to your account.

Also, the email address [email protected] is a free address and the "via yahoo.com" indictes that the email was actually sent using Yahoo - a real bank would not do that.

The seller is a scammer - just ignore him. Do not tell him you know he is a scammer or that he is posted here.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#280189 by Ijal Raz Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:28 am
Helo pls help me... Not sure if this is a scam or not....
Got an email from scotiabank and credit europe bank.... It says that the payment will pending until i make the shipment
Im selling tag heuer watch... The buyer is a woman. She said that shes buying the watch for her son... So please help me... Is this a scam or not
#280190 by AlanJones Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:47 am
It's a scam. Banks do not hold payment pending shipping - if the buyer truly has paid then the money will arrive in your account.

Sell your watch face to face for cash and not to anyone that wants to have shippers collect it or says the payment is pending for any reason.

#280366 by Jagdeep2108 Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:23 am
I just want to know it's a scam or no i am selling item online and a lady tell me that she have done payment into my account but i have ship it first and give the postcode to the bank and the money will be in my bank as soon as ship the item and i tell her u are trying to scam and then i get a email from credit europe bank Plc.com from fbi so just want to know is real or scam :?: :?: :?:
#280367 by AlanJones Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:36 am
Read the previous replies from me and other support team members. Banks NEVER hold money pending the completion of a specific action. If the money has been paid to you it will show in your account.

Please post the email addresses that this scammer is using for others to find.

#319770 by ALizeKei Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 am
Hi, i had the same situation too
When i know may be i have been cheated, i told her do not contact me again and she said i am taking her money and run away.
She told me her bank is monitored by FBI
And she said she will ask her bank manager to call me to explain let me pay more on her money have been hold
What should i do? i am really scared that i am in trouble.
#319773 by AlanJones Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:29 pm
Block the scammer and do not respond to them.

Please post the email addresses and emails here for others to find.