Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#197975 by Joseph3044 Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:29 pm
To: removed
Subject: Dearest Beloved : removed
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 20:56:57 -0700

Dearest Beloved : removed

How are you doing? I have sort for financial advise from the executive management board of my foundation and my attorney now I'm putting everything under your control, i just receive a call that all the document are ready and my attorney has deposited them with the bank. I have issued a letter of authority to my finance firm regarding me appointing you as my beneficiary.

You will have to contact the bank that i have made the deposit of $2,000,000.00, for you and your family, i have already send your information's online, contact them with your ref number for easy trace of your file. Ref Number: RRBUXB/720214/NAT2014.

The bank will direct you on what to do to receive this donation. They will ask you to open an online account with them, Please do. You can also contact Dr. Lawrence Williams via his email address as he will render assistance to you regarding this donation transfer and i have already told him to help you with more guideline.

The bank details are:
Nationwide Finance Group.
Email: [email protected]

Transfer Manager
Dr. Lawrence Williams
Email: [email protected]

Bank Tel: +(44) 203 5147 185

PLEASE NOTE THAT: The agreement/contract signed with the NATIONWIDE BANK AND FINANCE GROUP London, United Kingdom for online transfers of the funds states that whoever is authorized to receive the funds will complete it through the use of an online account that must be opened by the new customer, therefore note that your contact with the NATIONWIDE BANK AND FINANCE GROUP London will involve the opening of a new online bank account in your name which they will automatically credit the deposit your $2,000,000 US Dollars into the new account then you would have to Transfer your funds online yourself through their online database to any other account anywhere in the world. That is NATIONWIDE BANK AND FINANCE GROUP Electronic Online - Banking policy so you should be ready to open an account with them upon your contact.

I wish you and your family the timeless treasures of Christ, the warmth of home, the love of family and the company of good friends.

Raymond Ray Buxton
Advertisement

#197977 by Dotti Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:51 pm
It is definitely a scam.

There is no 2 million dollars. The only money involved in this transaction is yours, that the scammer is trying to steal.

The scammers have registered a fake domain to support their scam:

Domain Name: NATIONWIDEBANKFINANCEGROUP.COM
Registrar: PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Name Server: NS1.NEQ3.COM
Name Server: NS2.NEQ3.COM
Name Server: NS3.NEQ3.COM
Name Server: NS4.NEQ3.COM
Updated Date: 16-apr-2014
Creation Date: 16-apr-2014
Expiration Date: 16-apr-2015

Note that they only created it 2 days ago, undoubtedly as they were getting ready to send a new round of scam letters out.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#197978 by AlanJones Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:07 pm
The domain nationwidebankfinancegroup.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#228531 by handkim Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:48 pm
I have Gotten the same thing. Thinking it was real I gave them My name, not full name, first/last, I told them, I have 3 kids, my old occupation, and My address and phone numbers and that my mother died from cancer and even sent a photo. I was just opening up to them. I'm worried now, what should I do??? The warning message came up, with the 2nd Message they sent because they asked me to set up an account. I didn't. I had to check them out so I did. What should I do about the Information I already gave them?
#228568 by AlanJones Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:13 am
The information that you have given them is not enough for them to do anything with, but you should be aware of any strange emails, letters or phone calls as just by responding to them and providing the details, you will have been added to a "suckers" list and may be targeted again by other scams.

Please post any email addresses that the scammers used and any websites that they directed you to.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.