Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#33192 by yesil Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:31 am
Hi to everybody!
i have registered a few minutes ago and thought of sharing few scams which i have received. since i am conducting a travel agent, i receive hundreds of inquiries in a month. i am being sent inquiries for flight ticket reservations along with hotel bookings. i did receive A LOT OF scam mails from various companies or persons whom are ready to pay anything for the ticket. but actual concern was "a guide" coming with the alleged group and this guide requires some cash. and what they always tried to get me to the point where i would withdraw few thousand dollars or euros and send it to this guide via western union. i do receive other type of scams but this is the most frequent type. so, friends, be careful with flight ticket reservation inquiries too. good luck to you all.
yesil
Advertisement

#33217 by yesil Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:45 am
here is a fresh sample of what i meant..

Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 1:14 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FLIGHT TICKET

Dear Consultant,
We are rotary club international and we have members all over the world.

Our members travel almost everyday from Africa to Asia and from Europe to America , North America .

Kindly let us know if your agency can be issuing air tickets for members to their destination.
Also list the type of credit cards your agency accept for payment.
Expecting your reply soonest.
Best Regards,
Rotarian Steve Williams
For Rotary Club International
County Arms, 345 Trinity Rd ,
London SW18 3SH , UK
TEL:00447031906339
FAX:00448712647982
#33226 by Norman Barlleo Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:57 am
Hi yesil
Wonderful work in spotting the scam :=)

These numbers are not UK numbers. It appear to be from UK, in fact it will redirect your call to any destination in the world
and you can get them for free

the address is not correct, Rotary Club International in London has different address

DON'T tell the scammer that you found him in this site. Just cease all communications with him and move on.
#33245 by Mavro Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:03 pm
Wow, these scams are specifically aimed at travel agencies? I didn't know there were specialized 'scamming branches' like that. Niche market :wink: Anyway, I'll see if I can get some useful info out of mr. Allen/Williams.