Information on romance scams and scammers.
#38260 by Dotti Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:23 am
Romance scammer posing as US military serving in Afghanistan. Follows the standard course of the "American soldier" scam, with requests for payment for satellite phone and for leave. Once again, any soldier you are in contact with who asks you to get satellite phone to keep in touch or wants you to request leave for him/her is a scammer--no exceptions! See the stickies in this forum for more information.

This scammer uses a little less copy/paste than most scammers, and a bit more original writing. We can tell the writing is original because the English is poor, and not that of an American. The types of mistakes in English are completely consistent with an African scammer.

One of his early emails, where he sets up the usual "innocent victim and gentleman looking for love" role that these scammers play.

I went through lots of pain all my life and i have miss so much in my life too, so i am now looking forward to live a real different life Hoping to do that with you.

I want to open my heart to you and share some things about my life. First, I must tell you that your loving words flood my heart with joy unspeakable, my organs dance with joy and you are no less than a beam of sunshine. I love all that you wrote me and hope that God will complete His favor by us drinking from the nectar of your love.

I am the eldest of my family, we are juts two my other sister is in the Military as well, she's in Aghanistan. I had a good childhood, and did very well in school and in business and in work. I did well for myself. I was the first one in my family to buy a lovely house; it had four bedrooms, plus a dinning, living rooms and a beautiful kitchen. And a nice Garden. I grew up in New York.

I moved to West Monroe in Jan 2009.. just two weeks before i was deployed here. I live in a beautiful house and have nice things. Bought the house same month i moved in.

I got married to a woman I used to know when I was in high school, she was in trouble and she told me that a man made her life very difficult. She was married, but her husband died and left her with 2 children a boy and a girl. She came to America for marriage; we married quickly which was a mistake for me.

She taught her children to deal with me as a stranger, and things were really bad. She used to fight and scream a lot, with time I realized she was filling my life with sadness and fighting. I hate fighting and like harmony. Also this woman did not give me emotional or physical love (sex) I like a lot of love with my woman. I like happiness, traveling kissing and sleeping with my woman. She did not give me much of that.

We weren't bless with any child before i cought her sleeping around with men.

You see Hun, in order to prove to her children that she loved them more, she had to show them she did not like or love me as she loved their father. Finally, I decided life is too short, I need a wife that will make me the center of her life, look into my eyes and I can see love. I like to kiss the breasts of my woman, hug my woman and live in peace. She did not sleep in the same room and life was full of bad emotions.

I wasted a good part of my life living without love both emotional and sexual. I never cheated on her, but my needs were not met.

Therefore, Sweetie, I went to the Internet, and I am so glad I met you. I hope we both launch and maintain a successful relationship together.

Life in West Monroe could be much better than anywhere I have visited in the world. The countries are rich, beautiful and big with all kinds of interesting places to go for joy and fun. You have freedom and if you work hard you can have a good life.

I have heard about men that they drink a lot and do not take care of their family; many women have told me that. Unfortunately some women compete with their men, of course not all of them, but a lot do, and married life turns into competition. I do not like that. Men and women in a family situation should be as one and help each other, love each other and work hard to make a strong unity of mind and body. True love.

I am looking for a nice lady, just like you! I need honest love, trust and intense loyalty. I can take care of my family, if we marry, you do not need to work, but if you want to you can.

O see that you are able to love the right man so very much! Are you able to leave the family you grew up in and start your own family? Do you want to work or stay home for the creation of our own family unit?

I am a man, not a boy, so I knew how precious love is. I know the value of a very loving wife.

I feel we can build a strong relationship and be happy, what do you think?

Am just gonna stop here and look forward to read from you..

Hope it ain't bored reading all of this??

Nicolas

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#38262 by Dotti Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:32 am
Like many romance scammers, this scammer quickly floods his victim with romantic emails. Within a week he is setting up for the first money request:

Wow....Its always nice reading from you,am so glad to read this little lines of yours.I find life as a place where we can come across all sort of people but there are some people that you will never let go cause hearing from them makes you smile and that's how i feel now reading from you...With the kind of job i do you may think think that i will be a complex person but i want you to know that i also choice the good things of life ...I choice the sound of the sparrow bird...i choice the exciting cry of the new born and i also choice to be happy just like you too.Though am a drill Sgt in the military but i also have a heart that has been broken before i also feel the wind of loneliness too.So at this point am looking for someone that will make smile.I do deserve all the good things of life just like you....
I was thinking we can make things easier for our self and find a way to talk on the Military secure Phone line..
Its the onl way the Army allowe us talk to people from the out side. I don't know if you wanna do this but it will us in our relationship.
I realy wish for a woman like you in my life.
Hope to read from you soon.
Nicolas

He quickly moves to the fake satellite phone company (the sat phone rep is really himself or an accomplice, but by sending the victim to the "company" it looks like he is not the one asking for money. NOtice how he is already talking love and using terms of endearment like "sweetie."

Hi sweetie..
I am so happy you want us do this
I hapy you know it will help us a lot.
It doesn't take much step xxx, all you need is get a mail to the Military TS2 dept. here in Iraq. Get a mail to them and let them know you want to get connected with me on the phone and they will tell you what you need to do. Before you know it, we are connected.
I will look forward to read from you soon.

Nicolas

P.S

Here is the Ts2 Email Address [email protected]
You will write to the Military TS2 with this subject: Sgt/Nicolas/Schwartz/AKO/E5
Via Email.

A couple of days later, when the victim hasn't paid money yet, he sends a reminder--and he writes it as if he doesn't know what's going on--this is an attempt to reinforce in the victim's mind that he is NOT connected to the fake TS2 company. The truth is, he knows whether she has contacted them or not.

How are you doing over there?
I have been really busy here as always that it took me from the internet in the past days.

How are you doing over there right now?
Hope my message meet you doing good?

Did you get to the TS2 dept the other day?
I was just wonering if you got from them and how ee gonna get connected.

Read from you soon

Nicolas

#38263 by Dotti Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:37 am
He decides to reinforce his reminder-he is telling her he has no way to talk to her unless she gets this phone, so he sends a particularly romantic email to make her want to talk to him. He is also starting to set the stage for the phony leave request that will come up after the phone.
i have always been the type that have always been in search of true love and happiness.. I saw that in you and i can't let you go out of my life.
I don't care about the age because i believe age is just a number.. It wouldn't change a thing even if you trying to chase me away..lol
You have all the best thing a man will ever look for in a woman.
I just need to be happy and not looking for perfection here.. i am gona take you for you and who you are.. not after anything but true Love if really you will give me that as i am ready to give you all you want i life too.
I really wish i can get out of here now and come to you so easy but i can't get out of the War Duty Zone so easy like that.
My tour will be over by the end of 2012 but i can be out of here for you if things go well with us.
I just want us work in our means of communication.
Nicolas.
P.S
There is no way i can call you only if we go through the Military TS2

But this attempt hasn't worked, and a day or two later, the victim still hasn't paid, so the scammer is going to reduce the demand in hope of getting a smaller amount of money from her. He is going to pretend he is paying money too, to make it seem to her like he is investing in this "relationship" and to further convince her that he can't be scamming her.

Its so good knowing you are fine and okay honey..
I was ust worried but i am fine now knowing you are god and fine.
hope you are having real fun over there?
I am happy reading this mail from you now xxx.
xxx
About the phone, i understand you so much about the money, I know how hard it is to get that kind of money.
I really wish i can handle that from here but we don't hace acess to our money from here. This is totally untrue, the US military makes sure soldiers have access to their money...
But this is about we getting to know our self beter.
How about if i pay part of the money from allowance as the ts2 have some specific amount they will wnat to collect in cash and the rest will be in my alowance.
What did ytou think about that??

looking forward to read from you soon
Nicolas

He will follow this up with another "where are you" email less than 2 hours later.

#38264 by Dotti Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 am
Three days later, this scammer is preparing for a phony leave request that will involve more fees. So he sends another extremely romantic email. Notice how the English I have colored suddenly gets better. This is because he is now copying and pasting from romantic poetry sites (lovingyou.com is a favorite site of romance scammers):

http://www.lovingyou.com/scripts/quotes/quotes.php?cat=communication
http://www.lovingyou.com/scripts/quotes/quotes.php?cat=desire

xxx its so good knowing someone outside there really care for me.
I am gonna treat you always like a queen xxx because saying I love you is important, but not enough. Remember, love is a verb, an action word. Sometimes, passive because it happens to us, but also active, because we choose to do it. I dream of you when I'm asleep, you even appear when I'm awake daydreaming. There is no escaping you. I just wish it was true and all that I am, all that I see, all that I dream and do are brighter, more beautiful and meaningful, because of my feelings for you, dreaming allows us to satisfy our desire without performing our task. It is always free to dream, but dreaming too much can also be harmful and might lead us to nightmares, lol. I desire nothing more than to be in your heart until forever dies. I will love you all my life and when I die I will still love you through eternity and beyond, loving someone is like caring for a garden, love it too much or too little and it dies, but love it just right and it will live forever. I love the sun for days, the moon for nights and you i want to Love you forever.
I am falling so deep in Love with you
Can you let me have your heart??
Nicolas

#38265 by Dotti Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:03 am
So now it's a few days later, and he continues to set the stage for phony leave requests.
x its o good getting to know you are fine over there.
i always hresappy reading from you. Its what keeps me going from here.
I have been thinking of you over there and what you might be doing before i got this mail of yours.
I love Families too xxsa but my job doesn't make me get close to them as i am far away from home.

xx, i so much wish for a leave too but if i wanna do that now its gonna be a long process as my deployment is not over. in fact, if you want me do this and come to you. then we gonna do it together and see if work.
I really wanna meet you.

Your Soldier Friend

Nicolas

The victim hasn't paid, so the scammer spends he next few weeks trying to win her heart and her trust with lots of romantic emails. He doesn't thinks she is quite hooked enough for the leave request fees yet.
He does, however, send a reminder from the fake satellite phone company.

Dear Subscriber,

This is to remind you about the connectivity of you and your Soldier Man since we have not get any mail from you in the past days

Thank you.

RegardsContact TS2

A few days later, time to increase the pressure for payment. Of course there is an excuse for why the money is going to Nigeria. The real TS2 company, by the way, does not take payment by Western Union.

Dear Subscriber,

We are contacting you again about the phone connectivity with Sgt. Nicolas Schwartz. We have been working thoroughly to get this done, and we have confirmed him as member of the military in Iraq and will be heading to Nigeria with the info provided by you, but those Taliban and Iraq rebels have been trying to track our line and we need to be careful with them.You are to pay the money to our financial representative in Nigeria since your man is going there for security purpose. You are advised to go to any western union outlet nearest to you and send the charges.

PAYMENT INFORMATION: Western Union Only

Name : James Schwartz
State : Ekiti
Zip Code : 23401

#38266 by Dotti Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:27 am
In preparation for more (and bigger) money requests, he tells the victim that he is making her his beneficiary. He includes an attached fake letter from "Fidelity"
I have been working on the authorization letter all day, it has not been easy, my attorney has been preaching a lot of things to me, I had to tell him I do trust you with all my life, you understand? I am entrusting all to you, He doesn't seem to understand I could take solace in this kind of love we share, I do trust you and you mean a lot to me. I got the letter, so all you have to do now is send it to the Agent via email and we will know what happens next OK? I do love you.

Send the letter as soon as you see this email Honey...I love you...

Your Soldier Man Nicolas Schwartz
XOXOXOXOXO

Then a follow up letter from the fake fidelity rep. Strange, though--instead of coming from a Fidelity company email, it is a free webmail account.
To: xxx
Sent: Thu, September 23, 2010 11:36:37 PM

Subject: ......... NEXT STEP ..........
Dear

I read your email and I am using this medium to inform you that
Nicolas schwarts's Stock Share certificates has been converted to the
cash worth to the tune of $3,002,200USD from the company Stock House
Offshore account which are going to be transferred into any choice of
your Bank account in your name as the next of kin and Fiance of Nicolas Schwartz

More so, I want this to be done and treated urgently because in some
days now I will be traveling to Channel Island working on His Royal
Majesty FUNDS also coming from USA to the Guernsey Private Banking,
Channel Island and along with your consignment which you would be
permitted to purchase a Power Of Attorney with USA Stamp Duty been
signed by a Notary Officer before the said amount could be due for
Transfer Into your choice of BANK ACCOUNT.

The Attorney Permit would enhance your approval and a cordial
appointment with our organization to have a sittings with the Bank
Manager in charge of Fidelity Investments Company to prepare for the
transferring of the money.

Herewith the email is the Cost for the Attorney Permit and stamp Duty
fees to be remitted worth $16,560USD. As soon as you acknowledge the
receipt of the email, I shall forward to you the details account to
use in payment of the Duty Charge and the Attorney Permit to commence
smooth transfer of the Stock shares. But remember those certificates
has been converted to cash and they are all on transit for dispatch on
CASH REMITTANCE FLOATING SYSTEM (CRFS).

NOTE: REPLY IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE CAN SEND YOU DETAILS OF OUR
SECRETARY IN CHARGE OF FINANCIAL TRANSFERRING TO SEND THE MONEY TO AND
ALSO SEND US THE BANK ACCOUNT OF YOUR CHOICE YOU WILL WANT THE MONEY
TRANSFERRED TO.

Regards,

Bruce Williams,

FIDELITY INVESTMENTS COMPANY

#113243 by nick375 Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:46 am
Hi, my name is Nicolas (no "h") Schwartz. I have served in the military for eight years and have been on many deployments. The fact that someone would use my name and honor of the military as a whole to scam innocent people, has go to be one of the most disgusting and vile things I have seen in a long time. When people do a google search of my name + army, this is the creep that pops up. If I ever learn who he is blood will spill. I can promise that.
#113253 by Grunt Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:08 am
the scammer with the above email address is still active on MS
Nicolas Schwartz
Male, 44, Single
West Monroe, Louisiana