Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#39726 by Michelle Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:43 am
To: Michelle Banks
Sent: Wed, October 20, 2010 7:08:53 PM
Subject: RE: camper

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in my 2001 Fleetwood Prowler 31G-LS.It is in absolutely perfect condition and well maintained. I am selling it at this price ($4,300) because I just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce finished I remained the owner of this trailer.Anyway in this situation I can only stand and look at it. I have some financial problems right now so I want to sell it asap and a fast sale can be done only at a low price. Unfortunately for me my daughter is in hospital and I can't do this transaction personally. The transaction will be made through eBay protection program for the safety of both of us. The total price is $4,300 and it also includes the delivery to your address. If you want to buy it I just need your full name and address so I can open a case. You must know that eBay will contact you without any obligation to buy it or fees.
Please reply me asap if interested.

Melinda Brown
For more pictures Click the link bellow.

Advertisement

#122377 by nlavdas Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:44 pm
I received almost the same email see below:

Sorry for delay,

My 2001 Fleetwood prowler 31G-LS, is in excellent condition, no liens or loans,it has been very well maintained, with a clean title and no accident history.I am selling it at this final price of $2,000 because my husband died 1 month ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap.I, along with my daughter decided to sell the house and so we moved to my brother in Greeley, CO trying to start a new life.
I want to use eBay services for the safety of both of us so if you're interested in purchasing this camper just email me with your full name, address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

GVWR (lbs) : 8,800
Gross Dry Weight (lbs) : 5,994
Maximum Carrying Capacity (lbs) : 2,806
Hitch Dry Weight (lbs) : 665
Length : 31' 11"
Height : 9' 6"
Tire Size : ST 225/75r15
Fresh Water holding Tank (gal) : 40
Grey Water Holding Tank (gal) : 40
Black Water holding Tank : 40
Lpg Capacity (lbs) : 60

Here is a link to the camper's photo gallery:http://imgur.com/a/tPALy

Sofia Trezza

This is the second one after I gave "her" my address
Hello again ,
Please give me a little time to explain you the process of this transaction .
As I told you in my first e-mail,we just moved to my brother in Greeley, CO. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay services so my presence isn't necessary. The camper is now located in Greeley, CO, at the shipping company, ready to be delivered.It will arrive at your address in 2-3 working days. The shipping costs are included in the total price of the camper! You will have 10 days to test and inspect the camper prior to make any purchase. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name, address including the zip code and phone #.
After I will have all this details I will forward them to eBay and I will proceed with this transaction. eBay will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that I am covered by them and that I am legit seller. Waiting your email with the requested details.

Thank you
Sofia
#125899 by Doc2002 Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:13 pm
I recivied a similar email also after inquiring about a 2001 Fleetwood RV also on Craigslist.

The first email I recieved:

I am writing to you regarding the camper that I have for sale. This is a really nice and clean 31g LS Prowler by Fleetwood year 2001. Everything works and runs great. Sleeps eight,oak cabinets,19 inch tv,am fm stereo radio with tape player,hot water heater is gas or electric automatic pilot.refrigerator also gas or electric,queen size bed in the master bedroom. I will let the hitch,equalizer bars,sway bar etc. go with the trailer. Tires are in good shape. Cold A/C and fridge.
Some specs of the camper: GVRW Weighs 8900 lbs;Gross Dry Weight 6410;Max carrying capacity 2490;Hitch Dry Weight 830;Length 31' 10";Tire Size ST225/75r 15(c);Fresh Water 40 gallons;Gray Water 40 gallons;Black Water 40 gallons;LPG Capacity 60 lbs;Smooth Fiberglass Sidewalls;Fiberglass Front Cap;Laminated, Welded Aluminum frame walls.
This is a unusually nice trailer which will not disappoint. I've putt some pics for you at the bottom of this email for you to see and I'll try to describe it as best as I can by sections...
I am selling it at this price ($2,350) because I just went through a divorce with my ex-husband and when it has finished, I remained the owner of this camper. I have some financial problems right now, so I want to sell it asap and a fast sale can be done only at a low price. The transaction will be made through eBay protection program for the safety of both of us.
If you're interested to purchase just email me with your full name, shipping address and phone number , so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Sincerely,
Patricia Medina

Then after asking where she was located to come take a look at it this what I recieved:

Right now I'm in Augusta, ME (the camper is here with me ) because I got a new job here. We will use eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection, so we can both be protected and insured. I just need your full name, full address and phone number so eBay can send you the invoice in which you'll see how to make this transaction. I supposed to ship the coach to another buyer, then he told me that he found another vehicle so is no longer interested. He already paid the shipping charges. The shipping is free I will take care of it and I will send the coach with all the papers(vehicle registration papers, transfer papers etc). You will get a 7 days testing period after delivery. During that 7 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I am just waiting your full name, full address(street, city, state, zip) and phone number to complete the shipping papers and start the delivery process.

Thank you,
Patricia

After the second message I knew it had to be scam, so I sent a really screwed up email back and haven't recevied anything back since.