Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#56505 by Xfire Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 am
I became a victim of fraud ... I bought a car from -
Code: Select allreal "Shiply" company?

Code: Select allEmail address : [email protected]
Phone # : +44/774/8874166

What should I do ... I paid a deposit 2200Euro.

IBAN + adress fiend from bank:
Code: Select allGB20BARC20530033230287
SHIPLY LTD.
OFFICE 404,4TH FLOOR
ALBANY HOUSE, 324/326 REGENT STREET
LONDON, W1B 3HH

is possible according to you somehow seeking repayment of money?

06.06.2011 from seller:
Code: Select allSeller mail: Barbara M <[email protected]>
Thank you for your interest in my car.
I bought this car when I was living with my ex-husband in Germany.
It was our family car and it was mostly used by me to take the kids to school. I recently got a divorce after I found out that for the past 3 years he had an affair with another woman.
It was a painful divorce for me, but at least I got my kids. Now I returned with them to my hometown in Ireland. I wanted to keep the car, but my younger kid cries every time he sees it so I want to sell it as fast as I can, to end this chapter of our lives.
I tried to sell it here but nobody is interested because it is too difficult to drive here so I decided to try to sell it back there .
I already found a reputable delivery company specialized in this kind of transaction and they can take care of everything for me ( including the car registration on your name ).
They even allow the buyer to test the car before paying for it and I think it is the fair thing to do.
The delivery taxes are not included, but at this price, I'm sure that’s not a problem.If you are interested, please let me know your name and address so I can forward them to the delivery company and see the total costs to your location.

Thank you and hope to hear from you today

Barbara

Code: Select allThe total cost including the delivery to Bratislava, Slovakia and all taxes is 9200 Euro.
I am 100% convinced you will love my vehicle !
The technicians from the Shiply Courier made all the technical verifications and found the car in very good condition.
I have another interested client, so you will have to decide if you want my car or not .
If you are interested and agree with the price I can have Shiply Courier to contact you with details to finish our deal.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon

PS : If you want to get the details from Shiply Courier yourself, contact them directly at [email protected] and ask about their protection program. Make sure that you specify my name and the vehicle model and my reference code: "FZ77342" in order to receive detailed info.

Barbara  McGee

From impostor pretending to be "Shiply"

Code: Select allFirst of all we would like to thank you for choosing our services. It is a great honor for us to have you as our client. Shiply is a privately held company that has pioneered the process of online delivery services. The Company has established itself as the leading provider of secure business and consumer transaction management on the Internet.

Shiply offers transportation services along most of the major international trading routes to customers throughout the world. From its corporate headquarters it operates an system, which combines sea, land, and air transportation, enabling the Company to provide fast, reliable, frequent, and complete door-to-door services around the world.

Shiply offers a transfer service for the transfer of the vehicles (merchandise) title from the seller to the buyer. The main advantage of this service for the seller is that the buyer does not have possession of the title prior to the seller receiving the payment for the vehicle (merchandise). The main advantage of this service for the buyer is that the buyer can verify that the seller's title for the vehicle (merchandise) is on hand with an independent party, Shiply, prior to releasing the payment for the vehicle (merchandise) to the seller.

After verifying the trustworthiness of the seller (Mrs. Barbara McGee) and the availability of the vehicle (VW Golf 2.0 GTI DSG Edition 30) for immediate shipping, we have approved this transaction and we offer full purchase protection for the amount you agreed on with the seller.

For this type of transaction, our company policy is to request a security deposit from the buyer. This 100% refundable payment is a minimum safety measure that we take for the welfare of this transaction.

In order to start the shipping process, you must make a down payment of EUR 2,200.00 (representing the security deposit) in one of our certified bank accounts. Total Amount of this transaction  : EUR 9,200.00 .

Your business partner also requested to use Shiply Vehicle Protection Program. The Shiply vehicle protection program offers a set of services that build protection in every step of the vehicle buying process. The entire service provided by Shiply is meant to protect both seller and buyer involved in a transaction. The process is very simple and it provides total protection to both parts.

Regarding the technical condition of the vehicle, we sincerely announce you that it is in an excellent condition and no problems were found in its history. In addition, our team has issued a Shiply-Pass that includes vehicle description, title check, past problem check, kilometers history and a summarized history. Our company will also take care of delivery and providing all the necessary documents for register the car into your name to Slovakia , with no extra costs or supplementary taxes.

If for any reason, the Buyer will not be satisfied with the package content, the Buyer will return the merchandise to Shiply. with no expense, no questions asked. In this instance the Buyer will receive a full refund from Shiply. with funds taken from the Shiply. Trust Fund.

We are waiting for your confirmation along with your full name and full address,phone number in order to provide you with the invoice details.

Email address : [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank You,

Shiply Customer Support Department

Code: Select allDear customer,

First of all we want you to excuse us for this delay.

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the trailer which was carrying your vehicle from Ireland to Slovakia has been involved in an accident, and the vehicle has been damaged. For security reasons, we are not allowed to give you more details. We believe that bad luck is the word, and nothing else the only good news is that the vehicle was insured, and you will receive all your guarantee money back, as soon as possible.

Also the seller will receive the money for the product, because the item is damaged more than 50%.

Please get back to us with your bank details (IBAN, SWIFT, Account Name, Account Number).

As soon as we receive your information, the security deposit including bank transfer commissions will be transferred back, into your account.

Once again, we apologize for these unexpected problems.

Thank You ,

Shiply Payment Department

Email address : [email protected]

Source Code from mail:
Code: Select allReturn-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.3.1 (2010-03-16) on
   antispam01.websupport.sk
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-1.6 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_00,FREEMAIL_FROM,
   HTML_MESSAGE,SARE_SUB_OBFU_Z,SPF_PASS,T_DKIM_INVALID,T_LOTTO_DEPT,
   T_TO_NO_BRKTS_FREEMAIL autolearn=no version=3.3.1
X-Original-To: "MY MAIL"
Delivered-To: "MY MAIL"
Received: from thor.websupport.sk (localhost [127.0.0.1])
   by smtp-cf.websupport.sk (Postfix) with ESMTP id D59778361622
   for <"MY MAIL">; Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:02:47 +0200 (CEST)
Received-SPF: pass (gmail.com ... _spf.google.com: 209.85.213.66 is authorized to use '[email protected]' in 'mfrom' identity (mechanism 'ip4:209.85.128.0/17' matched)) receiver=thor.websupport.sk; identity=mfrom; envelope-from="[email protected]"; helo=mail-yw0-f66.google.com; client-ip=209.85.213.66
Received: from mail-yw0-f66.google.com (mail-yw0-f66.google.com [209.85.213.66])
   (using TLSv1 with cipher RC4-SHA (128/128 bits))
   (No client certificate requested)
   by thor.websupport.sk (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 6F4F38345BBC
   for <"MY MAIL">; Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:02:47 +0200 (CEST)
Received: by ywt32 with SMTP id 32so686136ywt.9
        for <"MY MAIL">; Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:02:47 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
        d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
        h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date
         :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
        bh=O3Hj1NWkoLpuako7vTPBx2tB+zDyUA5HIO2c0++TD78=;
        b=tdDjyn3v5qTwVLc/4lUAUPK7WYtUNFUVhJWb/BEjJuINdVMtxQ36HGKt8NWbcako4c
         TYrBbAFjQKCYBT2NqKPK0q6GTElLPQ56fHeaDA84Y9x29mW3SfRSm5TLld/Bh4EtwhTy
         owKt3Zc6cDF+Z97LWIWCNRnDBMGWKiKckCAL8=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
        d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
        h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date
         :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
        b=K8m573n5h1obpMAFrQQ30x0GJ34xZcJOLzall2Crxl2/EISPR/7CVK93dxfMmNGcpj
         Xm+hFFZTyhqPBbMXqiTLyFAc8Yabtn4h2E86gUDYmqLVgScchePhxhWFe8i3v3sCMTzJ
         q2bkqpaXkgBWhQdpnTM2aRa7ru0W1y80iyQMM=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.150.14.1 with SMTP id 1mr1608414ybn.64.1308578565548; Mon, 20
 Jun 2011 07:02:45 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: [email protected]
Received: by 10.150.49.21 with HTTP; Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:02:45 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:02:45 +0100
X-Google-Sender-Auth: Z5BldF_-jI8cj5niknVGf5r-muw
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: Shiply Transaction ID - FZ77342
To: "MY MAIL"
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=000e0cdf0da68f6afa04a62530fc
X-Virus-Scanned: ClamAV using ClamSMTP

--000e0cdf0da68f6afa04a62530fc
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

[image: http://www.greenenergyuk.com/Images/Items/shiply%20logo.gif]
Last edited by Xfire on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Advertisement

#56518 by Katharina Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:20 pm
Hi Xfire, sorry you have been scammed.

There is a - however small - chance to get your money back. Print out the whole email correspondence you had with the criminal. It just might be possible that your bank is able to recall the transaction. But as I said, don't hang your hopes too high.

And there is a way to get back at the scammer by closing his own bank account. To do this, we need the emails he wrote to you with the complete headers.
You can use this guide, but I see you already know how to do it.
http://www.abika.com/Reports/Samples/em ... rguide.htm
Send me a Private Message (use the PM button at the bottom of my post) with all the bank correspondence, and we will take care of it.

Did the scammer use a fake website for Shiply? If so, please post it here.
#57174 by Xfire Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 am
from orginal Registered company SHIPLY

Code: Select allThank you for your email.

We can confirm that we are under no relation with the company/person in question.

For your information we operate Shiply.com as an online transport marketplace matching people moving goods with transport companies making similar journeys.

We only accept PayPal and Google Checkout payments as deposit payments for the delivery service provided through the site and not the actual items being sent.

Many thanks and please don't hesitate to contact us should you require any assistance or information.

Kind Regards,
Viet Duc Nguyen

Shiply Support Services
Shiply Limited
www.shiply.com
#57181 by Dotti Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:57 am
Xfire:

Please make sure you bring the emails to your bank and see if you can get the transaction reversed. It may not be possible, but in some cases victims have gotten their money back this way, so it is very important you try.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#57221 by Xfire Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bank has not done anything with it .. may ask foreign banks and the return of money, but money have already been credited to the account swindler...Bank will invite him for a refund .. if the scammer does not return anything , Bank has not done anything with it...

scammer are no longer seeking the police and financial police + interpol.. camera record of the bank will be provided to the police, and police check complete all movements on scammer account ... and all IP address are being investigated and the police to trace him so ... I delete a complaint if will return money back the...

I find it and will have a major problem, had me fooled ... I am also a cop .. So I have great familiarity

When return the money ..
they stop seeking ,him... and i cancel the complaint

ps: I have informed the bank ..So far there is not anything coming from abroad(payment)
#165012 by TerranceBoyce Fri May 10, 2013 7:26 am
Do you have similar correspondence to previous posters using the bank's logo ?

Let us know the circumstances of what has happened and then advice can be offered.

Are you located in the UK ?

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#165017 by aivii Fri May 10, 2013 7:52 am
So I wanted to rent a flat in Wien.
I found one http://www.immobilienscout24.at/expose/ ... rt%3Dprice
and decied to ask about it.
I have became mails from [email protected] about it, should i share all of them here?

She wrote me that she hired shimply ltd agency and they will contact with me.
As she said i became an email from [email protected] with beautiful logo, bank name, servis contact, number of transaction, my and her address.. and also with the fake site!! .. and aks to pay kaution for this bank account
then i became next mail that they have problems with payment and try to fix it and i became new bank account...
i pay ( :bondage: ) and send them copy of payment card. They promise to send to me an agent with keys and contract.

Today I write an email to shilpy ltd to know the name and number phone the agent.. they said they never hear about this transaction..

i'm from Poland ... i'm going to the police right now but i don't believe they would help
#165022 by TerranceBoyce Fri May 10, 2013 9:24 am
I can't tell you aivii how personally ashamed I feel as an Englishman and ex-banker that our systems are so easily abused by fraudsters.

It would be very interesting to see the mail you received from the scammer quoting the bank account details, with your personal information deleted, of course. It's possible to upload pictures to the forum.

The point is that any bank should be outraged that a scammer is not only abusing their bank accounts but also using their name and bank logos to do it. When I was employed by a bank I would be sacked if I ever used the bank name or logo in a form that wasn't approved and registered.

You aren't the only victim of this type of scam but when the scammers are actually using the banks name and logo to do it, it really is time for the banks to do something about it. It's an absolute disgrace and I'll gladly raise the matter through my MP as it's disgraceful that people in other countries are now being affected.

In my youth opening a bank account was second only to getting married as a traumatic life experience but now accounts are opened with the same care as bus tickets are issued, and the consequences are leaving a massive trail of victims.

Looking back at the bank details quoted on the payment slip from 2011, I am in a state of shock if that indicates the scammer has been allowed to operate a fake company bank account. I know I'm retired and a bit old-fashioned but this is simply unacceptable.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#165027 by aivii Fri May 10, 2013 10:47 am
#165031 by TerranceBoyce Fri May 10, 2013 11:36 am
I'm so sorry aivii, but it is undoubtedly a scam. :(

This passage on the last scan is nonsense, but I understand that you wouldn't notice errors relating to UK company law.

Shiply Ltd is a company registered in Wales and Spain.

Wales doesn't have a Company Registry.

There is no explanation as to why it carries the Chase logo when the receiver's bank account is with La Caixa - a Spanish bank.

As the name of the account holder is also appearing in the scam adverts I'll post is so that other potential victims can pick it up - Meriem Ghrib.