Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#167874 by JENNIFER_SUSAN Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:27 pm
Seeing a job post at odesk, i applied for a job at ASHBURN HOTEL, London. After some formalities i have got an email with appointment letter. They will take care of all cost related to join but before that i have to pay for getting UK work permit to their selected agency.

111 Cromwell Rd,
Royal Borough of Kensington
and Chelsea,SW7 4DP,
United Kingdom
+(44)70-3199-1513

Dear ......,

We are satisfied with the caliber of your CV and your answers to our interview questions. Attached to this mail is a contract of Agreement cum Appointment Letter that you are expected to go through, sign and date at the bottom if you are satisfied with the terms of Contract. Thereafter you are to send us a scanned copy of the signed Contract for the purpose of filing and other office protocols.

It should be noted that the Ashburn Hotel will take care of the charges for your Visa, Flight Ticket and other travel cost but work permit and accommodation will be taken care of by the employee as stated in the contract. Employee will be contacted by our travel agency after contract has been signed and details will be given concerning your travel. First salary bonus will be sent to employee's account as soon as all travel detail are finished and employee is ready to come to the United Kingdom. We also want to encourage you to read the contract carefully before signing.

We will encourage you to contact the travel agent working with the Ashburn Hotel so that you can get your Valid UK Visa, Work Permit Paper and the rest of your Travel Documents in due time and you get to the UK before the date of your resumption. You are to contact (Mrs. Grover Meenakshi) via mail sending a scanned copy of the signed contract to them also.

The email of the travel agent is [email protected] we congratulate you as our latest worker and we hope that you will repay the faith we have in you.

Best Wishes,
Mr Richard James,
Ashburn Hotel

Getting this mail i have contacted with ashburn hotel if there really have any open job posting BUT they inform me,

Dear ....,

Thank you for your email
Richard James is a fraud person, who posted a fraud offer from a fraud email address
kind regards

Andras Fekete
The Parkcity & Ashburn Hotel

[email protected]
Phone: 0207 938 5970
Fax: 0207 900 1918

So, i will request you all to keep away from Rechard James ( [email protected]) offering job at Ashburn Hotel. He is a scammer.
Advertisement

#167948 by began steele Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 pm
I am glad you were not scammed. Your actions were entirely correct. Never rply to adverts anywhere on internet but visit the website of the hotel concerned.
@ashburn-hotel.co.uk
is the correct domain and suffix.
is just gmail and meaningless. Sometimes scammer will send you a link to a fake website that is supposed to look like the real one. Please consult the UK Border Agency website to see if you can actually work in the UK. If you are not from the EU then you have absolutely no chance at all.
Any phone number starting +44 702.+44 703, +44 70xx etc. is a redirect to Africa. It should be +44 2xx or +44 1XX.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.