Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#173854 by shamim nakayenga Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:14 am
Beloved Shamim,

I hope you are doing great? Thanks for the compliment to our son. Dont worry about all that okay, it will be figured out soon..My wife and I have discussed and since we are impressed with the information you gave us about you,we have agreed to give you the job offer of being an Au pair for our son Evans, so kindly find the Contract Offer that is approved by the UK HOME OFFICE.On receipt of this e-mail, Please scan the signed contract letter and send to Barrister Katie Wedds via email: [email protected], so she can advise us on the things we are to do to make your journey to London a smooth one.

UK Immigration Solicitors | Immigration Lawyers | London
206 Merton High Street South Wimbledon London SW191AX
Sunrise Chambers
EMAIL: [email protected]

Do well to keep me abreast of your progress with Barrister Wedds and please indicate your nationality to the lawyer.

NOTE: PLEASE INDICATE TO THE LAWYER WHERE YOU ARE TRAVELING FROM AND DATE YOU WISH TO ARRIVE LONDON, YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH AND THE AIRPORT YOU WISH TO DEPART FROM. We wait to receive you when you arrive. Let me know as soon as you receive this mail. God bless you as you come. Also kindly send a scanned copy of the sign contract letter to us.

Warm Regards,
Mr.Adam

Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 04:27:30 -0700
Subject: Re: WE LIKE YOUR ANSWER AND YOUR RESUME..
To: [email protected]

There are some things i would like to know from you.
What are your expectations form the au pair?
When do we have to sign a contract is it before we prepare travel arrangements?
What are the clear duties of the au pair in the house from your perspective?
You told me your profession your a contractor what do contractors do or what's your profession?

To: Charlie Adam <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: WE LIKE YOUR ANSWER AND YOUR RESUME..

Hi Mr. Adam,

I will wait until you come to a conclusion. Good day to you Mr. Adam send my regards to Evans and the rest of the family.

yours
Shamim Nakayenga

To:
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:47 AM
Subject: WE LIKE YOUR ANSWER AND YOUR RESUME..

Hello Shamim,

How are you doing? We hope this mail meets you in perfect health as always and we also hope you and your family are doing well.We are so glad to receive your mail and must admit that we are a little stunned by your seriousness and commitment. We also admire your honesty and humility and all these qualities are what we are looking for in a aupair. We trust that you will do a great job with our little baby and know the two of you will get along.

Evans has various individual skills as we told you but his passion is art. We will upload and send some of his pictures in our next mail. We know you will fit right into the family and do your best with Evans and we are positive you two will like each other very much.

We are so excited we have finally found someone interested in being our son's aupair and we cannot wait to meet you but we plead with you to give us some time to make a final conclusion and once we have decided we will definitely get back to you. We will get back to you and we hope to hear from you. Regards to you and your family and Evans sends his best and wishes you enjoy the week.

Kindly keep in regular contact with us so everything will move faster.

God bless you.

Warmest Regards,
Adam's Family.

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 07:23:16 -0700
Subject: Re: EASY AUPAIR

I have sent acopy of my C.V
To:
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:13 AM
Subject: RE: EASY AUPAIR

Hello Shamim,

How are you? We hope this mail meets you in good health and your family is doing well. My wife and i will take sometime to discuss and we will let you know what we decide eventually. We hope you will love and care for our child just as we do and we hope the two of you will get along well. We also hope you will be a part of our family soon and get to know us better and also share experiences with us,we will be expecting your resume also okay..

We would like to clarify you some more;

We live in a four (4) bedroom house at No 12 Ave Maria Lane EC4M London United Kingdom. Our residence is very open and in the city and there are other aupairs close by. In the area there is a pub full of young people, there is also a bus stop outside our house with city center. We also have parks,cinemas,restaurants,malls,etc around. So it will be easy to make friends and go places. If you do not mind we would appreciate if you could tutor our son also in your own language. He already has
French lessons but we would also like him to learn another language.

You will have your own bedroom and your own bathroom either live in or out fully furnished, with a desk phone and computer system with internet. You are also allowed a car for your easy accessibility in the case of emergency.

We are looking for someone to muck up and help out generally as any member of the family would. You will need to babysit a couple of times a week and also be happy about us popping back to work in the evening if you are at home anyway. We need someone to be flexible - as we will be if you would like to take time off if your family visits or you have a holiday. When we go on holiday as a family you will usually be welcome but we can also arrange for you to stay home if you prefer.

We will also be shouldering all document and travel expenses. However we would like to ask a few key questions and we need you to answer very honestly and positively.

1) What are your aims and objectives in life?

2) What kind of person are you( your likes and dislikes)?

3) How do you intend to impact positively in my son's life?

4) Do you possess any physical impairment we ought to know about?

Have you ever been married? Do you have a child/children?

Kindly answer these questions and get back to us as soon as possible. Evans love you pictures and can not wait to see you.

We hope to hear from you soon and our warmest regards to you and your family. Evans sends his best and wishes you well in all you do.

God bless you.

Best Wishes,
Adam's Family.

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 22:17:57 -0700
Subject: Re: EASY AUPAIR

Am very much interested in the offer of taking care of the little one am a kind and humble person. I will definitely compile my resume and the photo and send it to you immediately. Thanks!

Best wishes
Shamim Nakayenga

To:
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:32 AM
Subject: EASY AUPAIR

Dear Aupair,

How are you doing? We hope everything is moving well on your side and your family is doing quite well. We are so glad and excited to get in touch with you and hope we can communicate better.We pray things will move smoothly. We shortlisted your profile from http://www.easyaupair.com.

My name is Mr Charles Adam but my friends call me Charlie, Am 42 years old and am a contractor with a private firm, my wife is Coleen, she is 36 and a doctor. Our only son, Evans is 3 years old and still attending pre-school. We live in a spacious lovely home in London, United Kingdom. My wife used to take care of Evans but since she started work a few months ago we decided to put him in day care. But we are not really comfortable with the day care center arrangement, we need someone who will be able to see to Evans immediate needs and give him special attention. So that is why we contacted you. Although we have a babysitter who comes by a couple days a week, we need someone with more experience and who can give our son the care he needs and who will love him just the way we do.

We are searching for someone special to enter the family and take care of our beloved son and also take care of our home when my wife and I are away. Someone who appreciates family values and is ready and willing to be a special friend to our son.We enjoy doing all sorts of fun things such as going to the movies,
barbecue,arts,having friends over for lunch, swimming, going to the amusement park. Our son enjoys his baby books. We also love cooking and making special delicacies.

Your one and only duty will basically be to take care of him, we already have a housekeeper who cleans the house and my wife those all the cooking. We will provide a room for you and your own bathroom either live in or out fully furnished, with a desk phone and computer system with full internet access. You are also allowed a car for your easy accessibility and also in the case of emergency.You will be paid an amount of £600GBP (Six hundred pounds), weekly and a total amount of 2,500GBP (Two thousand five hundred pounds) at the end of the month. You will also be receiving 100GBP allowance this to see to Evans after needs like going to the parks, buying of dulls, chocolates etc. Additional hours will be paid at a rate that we may agree between ourselves.Our son is a very fun and energetic young kid full of life and happiness. He is a joy to be around and we want the best for him. We are confident the two of you will get along and get to know each other so much better.

We will also pay for all document and travel expenses.We are a fun loving family and looking for a kindhearted Aupair who will love and care for our son. We hope we can trust you We basically need someone to care and love our son just as we do. Kindly get back to us with your resume and recent pictures of you if interested.

Cheers!

Best Wishes,
Adam's Family.

Could this be a scam if so how can i get aserious family in need of an aupair because i want the job but am scared of scams.
Advertisement

#173877 by TerranceBoyce Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:33 am
Welcome to Scamwarners shamim nakayenga.

From the writing style of the e-mails you have received the person you are dealing with is undoubtedly a scammer. He has his facts completely wrong and all he wants from you is your money and he has no job to offer you.

The rules in the UK concerning working as an au pair are complicated but to give you some facts.

This link details the countries of the European Economiic Area (EEA countries) and if you are a citizen of one of these countries there are no immigration formalities for you to complete. If you are a citizen of a country that participates in the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme it might be possible for you to apply for a visa under this scheme.

http://www.bapaa.org.uk/displaypage.asp?page=32

If you are a citizen of a country that doesn't appear on either of these lists it is almost impossible for you to get a job as an au pair in the UK. Even if you are a citizen of one of these countries, unless you have qualifications acceptable to OFSTED, the family will miss out on significant government benefits that would help to pay costs.

It is impossible to believe that anyone claiming to be qualified as a doctor in the UK would hire someone without any UK childcare qualifications. Even a UK citizen has to go through a lot of bureaucracy to get a job in childcare and, though there is no requirement for an au pair to have any qualifications, the family will miss out on over £1,000 of government benefits.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#173883 by jolly_roger Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:12 am
Indeed the second script you posted has been used in previous scams. Much of it can be seen in the topic on the page at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=66223
The at consultant address is an old favourite of scammers and has been used countless times previously.

re: What advise can you give to me on getting a job as an au pair in developed countries without falling prey to scams.

As the old saying goes, that is the 64 dollar question? I would imagine Au pairs would need the services of a reliable agency to find opportunities. Is there a like a local agency or office in your area? If so, would be a good start to make yourself known to them. A s you can see, many online employment opportunities within the Au pair description are simply fraudulent.
I wish there was better news. My knowledge of Au pairs is almost non existent, perhaps other members have some ideas? But whatever you do, please be wary of any online approaches you may receive regarding this subject. I wish you good luck.