Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#63619 by shanzzie Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 am
Got emails from this person claiming that he was the newly appointed Director of United Nations Legal Affairs ... I knew this was a scam from the beginning, as why would United Nations contact me via email with a yahoo acct.
Here are the emails used and sent to me.
I did reply back to him .. and then answers I got back didn't even make sense to what I had written in my reply.
Finally I was annoyed so replied to him that I had contacted the United Nations stating that they have never heard of him and they are coming to get him .. Never heard from him again...

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

FIRST EMAIL

This is in regard to outstanding payment, I am Mr. James Scott,the Newly appointed Director United Nation Legal Affairs, Security and Investigation, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Dr Goodluck Jonathan) and his Decision Making Body, the Executive Arms of the Government, has directed me to come down to Nigeria to Investigate your Fund and to make sure that we approve all outstanding debts owned to Foreign beneficiaries by the government of Nigeria in this 1st quarter of this Fiscal year 2010.This decision was taken based on the abnormities and inability of the BANKS in Nigeria to Release your fund into your bank account whereby it was discovered that some Directors in Central bank of NIGERIA being the Federal Government of Nigeria were diverting foreign beneficiaries payment to another account of their choice overseas. In view of this, during our investigation I found out that an account was submitted to divert your fund to a Germany account. Below is the account submitted and I want you to confirm if you are aware of the new development because we are about effecting payment to the account stated bellow today. Beneficiary: CERSTIN WENGER SHENOUDABank: FRANKFURTER BANKA/C No.: 367840545 Code: 50050201 Finally, be informed that a payment instruction has been issued and Forwarded to the Treasury Department of the Federal Government of Nigeria In favor of you and your company for immediate release of your fund to the account above without any further prejudice. But there is no way We can approve the fund to your account without you confirming if you Have changed your account for your fund to be transfer to the Beneficiary: CERSTIN WENGER SHENOUDA BANK ACCOUNT IN GERMANY. Contact me immediately for further clarification to know if you have Giving instruction to transfer your fund to the above account today. On behalf Of the entire management of United Nations, we are congratulating you in advance and if you fail to contact this office on or before 24hrs from now then we will now wire the fund to the German account. Thanks for your co-operation. Waiting for your urgent response Yours faithfully Mr.James Scott Un Office of Legal Affairs Security and Investigation.

SECOND EMAIL:

This one I found kinda funny, as I had replied to him ..

How are you today? In respect to your transfer, I write to know why you have not responded back to this office. It is imperative I let you know that we will not entertain any delay in our processes. This was the one of the reason why there was an imposter before and we want to avoid it this time around.In this regard we plead that you respond back to us with your full information as expected.

I expect to hear from you ASAP.

Thanks and God Bless,

James Scott

THIRD

when he sent this one, I replied back telling him to send me the documentation to prove his claims and that my lawyer would get back to him

You are to provide to me with your current and accurate information, And send it back in your reply. The required information are as follow; 1, YOUR FULL NAME2, YOUR OCCUPATION3, YOUR TELE PHONE NUMBER4, YOUR HOME ADDRESS Get back to me with this information and I will furnish you with other details. James

FORTH

I again asked him for proof of his claims

Thanks for your mail. In respect to your mail I must tell you that your questions are well received and is necessary I clear some things to you. Now I was sent to this place to help me in the investigation into fraud, identity theft, Scam and impersonation of the Government. I am newly appointed Director United Nation Legal Affairs.Nobody wants to take your money for anything other than for the good of this transaction if necessary.

On my investigation I came across your file which presently a certain amount of fund is to be moved to Germany authorized by you. This prompted me to write to you so that you can confirm if you authorized this transfer. In the course of investigation if need be that we should aid the transfer of the fund to the beneficiary without any hitch then it will be done that way. I have a whole lot of similar incidents here which I’m doing my best to settle before the expiration of my tenure.

These were the major reason why i was appointed by the United Nation to come down here to aid the investigation.
All I need was for you to reconfirm to me your full information, if need be send to me every of your last conversation and what you have lost to this office then we will start up the full scale of investigation. After we have received your information we will then forward them to an accredited attorney who will proceed with the legal process of the transfer.At the same time we will gladly outline to you the actual necessary steps to take before the said fund will finally reflect in your designated account.You are to provide to me with your current and accurate information,
and send it back in your reply.the requiered informqtion are as follow;
1, YOUR FULL NAME
2, YOUR OCCUPATION
3, YOUR TELE PHONE NUMBER
4, YOUR HOME ADDRESS

Get back to me with this information and I will furnish you with other details.
Thanks and God Bless,

James Scott

FIFTH

Then got this one again .. so this is when I lied to him and told him the UN was coming to get him

How are you this morning? In respect to the transfer I write to know why you have not gotten back to me on your information so that we can conclude the transfer.Please get back to me with the below information so that we can proceed.

1, YOUR FULL NAME
2, YOUR OCCUPATION
3, YOUR TELE PHONE NUMBER
4, YOUR HOME ADDRESS

Thanks and God Bless,
James Scott
Advertisement

#63652 by Katharina Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:55 pm
Hi shanzzie, thank you for this report. :=)

But you should consider not answering to these scam emails. The scammers will mark your email address as one of those who might belong to easy targets, and you will be flooded with scam mails of all kinds.
#63769 by shanzzie Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:55 pm
They can go ahead and flood all they want .. the email it was sent to is my junk email address. I have several. My actual email addy I keep for personal convos with family and friends (and work if needed).
#195279 by RavenBCW Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:24 pm
I received a scam email from a man calling himself James Scott as well! Mine was much longer, more elaborate, and sent to me as a PDF file. The email he sent it from was really odd, ([email protected]) but he told me to reply to his personal email ([email protected]). It was an email about a "business proposal" where he is going to give me 40% of this money that a 'deceased client' of his left to his next of kin by lying and saying that I was his closest living relative. I never wrote him back, but thought it was rather odd.