Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#186883 by Gateway Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:51 am
eturn-Path: [email protected]
Received: from na01-bl2-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com ([157.55.133.100])
by mx-ha.gmx.net (mxgmxus004) with ESMTPS (Nemesis) id
0LsTtO-1VGuU03cl6-011vvp for <Thu, 09 Jan 2014
20:16:44 +0100
Received: from [115.184.105.199] (115.184.105.199) by
BL2PR04MB097.namprd04.prod.outlook.com (10.255.231.141) with Microsoft SMTP
Server (TLS) id 15.0.851.11; Thu, 9 Jan 2014 19:16:30 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Description: Mail message body
Subject: Part Time Job
To: Recipients <[email protected]>

Hopewell Holdings Limited
64/F Hopewell Centre, 183 Queen's Road East,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong

Your Kind Attention,

We are looking for an Agent that will work with our Company in the collection of payment from our clients in the United States And
Canada on a commission of 7.5% of payment received.

If you are ready to work with us you are to promptly reply to this mail.

Respectfully,
Mark Anderson
HH GROUP.
[email protected]

If you wish you can email me at
[email protected]

How to get E-Mail Headers
http://www.isipp.com/resources/email-headers/
Advertisement

#194713 by Scammed Once Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:49 pm
I got scammed from someone claiming Hopewell Holdings. They sent me a job offer and then shortly a cashiers check. Then they asked me to send some of the money and keep $400 of it as my pay. I had my bank hold the money until we know it cleared. Sure enough, it was no good. My bank reversed the charges before it was too late. Just as a warning to any other potential victims, Here is what I got:

[b]Job Approval Code NX/2500/14/Ma

Greetings,

Your email / resume was received and reviewed by the HR dept,the position of the receptionist has been occupied so You have been shortlisted and offered a job with our company as a personal

assistant to the our manager.

About the company:
The Group, with strong expertise in investment, development and engineering of major projects, focuses on Hong Kong and the Pearl River Delta region in the PRC and is founded on visionary

strategic initiatives.
The Group invested in major power and transportation infrastructure projects in the Pearl River Delta region, initiating the trend of investment in such areas by Hong Kong enterprises and strives

to expand its presence across the globe.

About Manager:
He is the Managing Director of the Company as well as the Managing Director of HHI, the listed subsidiary of the Company, and a director of various subsidiaries of the Company.

Our Charitable Giving Philosophy:

At HHL we recognize that the economic, social and physical environment in which our company operates can affect our success as an enterprise. We also recognize that our actions can have an impact

on the communities in which we operate.
Therefore, we acknowledge our responsibility as a good corporate citizen to contribute some of our resources back to our communities.
By doing so, we will:

• Help the less fortunate.
• Enhance our image with our communities, customers, associates and employment recruits.
• With that understanding, we identify three fundamental elements in our Charitable Contributions .

Mr Wu travels a lot and gets his hands occupied because he works with other companies in the states and outside, so it is imperative for him to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep

him up to date with his activities. This position is flexible and you can be in any location, working with him is basically about instructions and following them. There is also a very sensitive

issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.
He is looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. We are establishing a new office location in your area which you will be a part of the team

upon completion. This position is a part time position for now and flexible and it will be full time upon putting the office in place. He will be need your services 2-3 times weekly which should

be about 10-12 hours weekly with salary of $400 per week. We will set up a formal interview as soon as possible.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. He does have a number of things you could help him with this

week if you will be available for him. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship. Kindly RE-CONFIRM your contact details as shown on your resume to enable us proceed to next

step.

Contact Information

First Name:
Last Name:
Address(P.O box not allowed):
Apt #:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Mobile (For SMS):

Once he has received your contact information,he will get back to you with next steps and tasks. include your cell number for TEXT. Your information requested is needed for our company database

as an employee and be assured your information is safe and will not be shared.

N:B, Kindly check your spam/bulk mail to make sure you don't miss any of our messages.Send your replies to his email address [email protected] with the title.PERSONAL ASSISTANT

POSITION and also send a text message with your approval code to this phone number (323)-596-1334

HRM DEPARTMENT
HOPEWELL HOLDINGS LIMITED.

[/b]
#197726 by Brooketaylor Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:17 pm
Thanks so much for posting about that... I received the same email. I inquired about a receptionist position but I never send my resume until I get a response. The email was fishy when it said something about after "reviewing my resume" and I kind of thought something was up. My email was literally verbatim to what you posted. Thanks for the warning!
#199238 by letticeb01 Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 pm
Thank you Scammed Once for posting your email. I JUST received the same email and i should have went with my gut feeling. I have been sending my resumes out for personal assistant positions so i thought it was legit. Before i found this site and your post, i did send them my name, address, and phone number. So if what you said is true, they will be sending me a check etc, and asking me to cash it. But if and when i receive it, im just going to throw it away. I have been scammed like that before and it is not fun. Thank you for the heads up on this email and i know that if they send me something, ill just throw it all in the trash.

Again, thank you and i hope we can spread the word! :D
#199541 by BeaudaciousMama Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:42 pm
I applied for the personal assistant job and got the first email and then after a day I got this response, glad I researched this online and then came across this site otherwise I probably would have went and filled it all out. There was also a document attached for me to fill out.

Hi R,

I will like to inform you that after much consideration, you have been chosen to occupy the position of the Personal assistant. But firstly i will like to know how honest you are and how can i trust you with my funds. I will be sending some payment to you for the first task as i mentioned in my initial email after which i will send you an email with the task to be carried out and instructions. And also confirm the payment can be mailed to the address you provided. And please include an apartment number if required.

Your duties as my assistant will be running personal errands,booking flights and appointments, Handling cash and deposits, receiving calls and attending to clients.

I need answers to these questions.
1. How many hours are you willing to Work per day?
2. How often do you come on the internet ?
3. Payroll Interval... (Weekly or Bi-weekly)?
4. Are you employed at the moment ? .
5. what bank do you bank with?(bank name only)
Get back to me as soon as possible so we can get started.

Get back to me as soon as possible so we can get started.
Text me at (917) 740-7391 once you have read and replied to this e-mail.You will be meeting with the company representative to sign necessary documents as soon as the first task has been completed.And also i have attached the employment form which you will print out and it will duly signed when we meet in person.

Thanks

Mr Wu

HRM DEPARTMENT
HOPEWELLS HOLDING LIMITED
#200590 by mandachan Thu May 08, 2014 8:04 am
They just keep changing it up. Sneaky scammers, all they have to do is change 1 letter. Hopewell Holdings Limited is in fact a real company, however, "hopewellsholdinginc.com" does not exist. They've changed the email a bit but its almost exactly like the other example. Also, "sensitive issue on trust"? Riiigght... Glad I googled first! This is the email I received:
Dear Applicant,

Your email / resume was received and reviewed by the HR dept,The initial position you applied for has been occupied so you have been shortlisted and offered a job with our company as a Receptionist/ assistant to the our manager.

About the company:
 The Group, with strong expertise in investment, development and engineering of major projects, focuses on Hong Kong and the Pearl River Delta region in the PRC and is founded on visionary strategic initiatives.
 The Group invested in major power and transportation infrastructure projects in the Pearl River Delta region, initiating the trend of investment in such areas by Hong Kong enterprises and strives to expand its presence across the globe.

About Manager:
 He is the Managing Director of the Company as well as the Managing Director of HHL, the listed subsidiary of the Company, and a director of various subsidiaries of the Company.

Our Charitable Giving Philosophy:

At HHL we recognize that the economic, social and physical environment in which our company operates can affect our success as an enterprise. We also recognize that our actions can have an impact on the communities in which we operate.
 Therefore, we acknowledge our responsibility as a good corporate citizen to contribute some of our resources back to our communities.
 By doing so, we will:

• Help the less fortunate.
• Enhance our image with our communities, customers, associates and employment recruits.
• With that understanding, we identify three fundamental elements in our Charitable Contributions .

Mr Wu travels a lot and gets his  hands occupied because he  works with other companies  in the states and outside, so it is imperative for him to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep him up to date with his  activities.  This position is flexible and you can be in any location, working with him is basically about instructions and following them. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

He is  looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. We are establishing a new office location in your area which you will be a part of the team upon completion. This position is a part time position for now and flexible and it will be full time upon putting the office in place. He will be  need your services 2-3 times weekly which should be about 10-12 hours weekly with salary of $400 per week. We will set up a formal interview as soon as possible.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. He does  have a number of things you could help him  with this week if you will be available for him. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship. Kindly RE-CONFIRM your contact details as shown on your resume to enable us proceed to next step.

Contact Information

First Name:
Last Name:
Address(P.O box not allowed):
Apt #:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Mobile (For SMS):

Once he has received your contact information,he  will get back to you with next steps and tasks. include your cell number for TEXT. Your information requested is needed for our company database as an employee and be assured your information is safe and will not be shared.

N:B, Kindly check your spam/bulk mail to make sure you don't miss any of our messages.Send your replies to his email address
[email protected]   with the title. PERSONAL ASSISTANT POSITION

HRM DEPARTMENT
#200612 by vonpaso xlura Thu May 08, 2014 11:43 am
hopewellsholdinginc.com does exist. It was registered two weeks ago for one year by a hidden registrant, which is typical of scam domains. Please post the complete headers of the email so that we can kill the domain.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#201393 by kkstephens05 Tue May 13, 2014 6:07 pm
Ok, hello all! I am fresh new to this site. I came by this site because of of Hopewells Holding. I was looking for clerk type jobs on Craigslist. I applied to a Secretary job with an email that included my resume. I received an email a couple of days later. I was already leery of sending a complete stranger my resume ....and that only increased as I read the email. The email seemed too good to be true. So I googled Hopewell Holdings Limited and came across this forum. I am very glad that I decided to research HHL before replying to the email. I am a little worried about them having my resume and email address. ....Does anyone have any advice as to what to do on that? I guess I would just monitor my email and credit report closely? The resume didnt include any financial info. In fact I listed about two jobs I had that may have remotely been considered clerical. (which was another reason I got suspicious.. I have been getting turned down a hell of a lot for clerk work) ..I did have my address, phone, email in the header.....is there anything I can really do though..besides being vigilant of my email and credit reports? Ok, thanks for any advice. Below, I will post the email in full. Its chilling, as its almost verbatim to others who have posted here:

The email is from this address : HRM HHL ([email protected])

Dear Applicant,

Your email / resume was received and reviewed by the HR dept,The initial position you applied for has been occupied so you have been shortlisted and offered a job with our company as a Receptionist/ assistant to the our manager.

About the company:

The Group, with strong expertise in investment, development and engineering of major projects, focuses on Hong Kong and the Pearl River Delta region in the PRC and is founded on visionary strategic initiatives.
The Group invested in major power and transportation infrastructure projects in the Pearl River Delta region, initiating the trend of investment in such areas by Hong Kong enterprises and strives to expand its presence across the globe.

About Manager:
He is the Managing Director of the Company as well as the Managing Director of HHL, the listed subsidiary of the Company, and a director of various subsidiaries of the Company.

Mr Wu travels a lot and gets his hands occupied because he works with other companies in the states and outside, so it is imperative for him to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep him up to date with his activities. This position is flexible and you can be in any location, working with him is basically about instructions and following them. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

He is looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. We are establishing a new office location in your area which you will be a part of the team upon completion. He will be need your services 3 times weekly which should be about 20 hours weekly with salary of $400 per week. We will set up a formal interview as soon as possible.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. He does have a number of things you could help him with this week if you will be available for him. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

Get back to him with your Personal/Contact Details such as: full name, physical address and cell phone number to get started.

First Name:
Last Name:
Address:
Apt #:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Mobile (For SMS):

Once he has received your contact information,he will get back to you with next steps and tasks. include your cell number for TEXT. Your information requested is needed for our company database as an employee and be assured your information is safe and will not be shared.

N:B, Kindly check your spam/bulk mail to make sure you don't miss any of our messages.Send your replies to his personal email address [email protected] with the title. PERSONAL ASSISTANT POSITION..The company website is under reconstruction so send your replies to his personal email for quick response.

Thanks

HRM DEPARTMENT
HOPEWELLS HOLDING LIMITED

OK, good luck to everyone out there, thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions about sending this company my resume, and hello! i am glad to be part of this forum ...look forward to helping out if I can and become educated where I cant. ..thanks!!!

-krys

“I think computer viruses should count as life ... I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.”
― Stephen Hawking
#201404 by Mike Wilson Tue May 13, 2014 9:01 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners kkstephens05,
Since you did not give them any financial information there is not much to worry about. If all that you gave them was your email and physical addresses you may see in increase in spam.
Just ignore all future email and telephone calls from these scammers and they will go away.

If you have any additional questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#260446 by Heyyyyou Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 pm
My sister got the same exact email, and she filled everything out, and she got the check and deposited the check. I what will happen when the check goes through. I told her to toss the check because it had a feeling that it was something shady and I didn't like it, and told her not to do it but she did it anyway. What will happen then the check goes through?
#260449 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:22 pm
The job is a scam and the check that she has received is a fake. The check may initially clear. It may fool the teller also. However, depending on how good a fake it is, it can take weeks for the banks to actually discover that it is fake. When they do, they will reverse the transaction and deduct the money from her account. She will also possibly be charged fees and be reported to Law Enforcement for Bank Fraud.

The best thing for her to do now is to contact her banks fraud dept inform them that she is a victim of a scam and give them copies of the emails.

Do not withdraw any money nor forward any money.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/