Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#205895 by davidgoldman Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:15 pm
I just came upon what I believe to be a similar scam. As much as I would like to buy this bike everything in me says it's a scam:

http://springfieldil.freeclassifieds.co ... RUlHyI7Q==

I asked him where the bike was, thinking it was in or near Chicago. It was then that he told me it was in Switzerland. Said he would pay for shipping etc and I have a few days to check out the bike. I decided to search "scams" and found this site. This is the email he sent back to me when I asked for more info:

My initial email:

Hi,

I am interested in the bike. I'm in NY (Brooklyn) are you in Chicago?

Are you the original owner?
To confirm it has 6,100 miles.
May I ask why you are selling it?
Also I see you have the short seat, How tall are you?

Thanks

David

His Response:

Hello,

As you can see the price is very good. I can ship the bike to you and you will pay C.O.D (CASH ON DELIVERY) the reason that I selling the bike at this price is because right now I am in Switzerland. I will be responsible for the shipping cost. I was in USA and bought the bike from USA and I took the bike with me in Switzerland. Now the bike is here in my garage in Switzerland. Here to register a bike from outside of Europe cost too much. Now, I can't come to USA to sell the bike because I'll spend much money and lose more time, my only chance to sell this bike is to find a buyer from U.S. or from other country. I can send the bike to your location. Shipping will take approximately 10 working days, after you receive the bike you have another two days to inspect. When the inspection period ends, the shipping company will contact you and if there are any issues with the bike you can refuse it . If all is good, I'm sure it will be, they will help you with the transfer of ownership. If you are interested to buy write me back with your shipping information (full name, full address and a phone number).
You won't find another bike in such condition.

I found it odd that even though I signed with my name he did not address me by my name. His email is: [email protected]

The Hotmail made me think this was a bit odd. I know plenty of people still use it but still.

Pretty sure I'm done corresponding with him but I wanted to share this with the group.

Thanks.

David
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation and split
Advertisement

#205902 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:57 pm
Date Posted: 6/4/2014 5:35:21 AM
Price: $5,700.00
Interested?

Mileage: 6100
Year: 2009
Make:
Model:

Other
Other
Description of Item:
2009 BMW F-800 GS Perfect condition F800GS with extras lowered suspension

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#206045 by Bryon Williams Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:31 pm
leuenberge rfritz <[email protected]>

Hi,

The bike is still for sale. The bike is in perfect working state. No scratches, no dents, accident-free, full service history. Garage kept. The bike is in perfect condition, the pictures speak for themselves. It has all the necessary documents (clear title in hand, original bill of sale, user's manual, insurance etc). The title is clear and the bike can be registered in any state without problems. e-mail me if you are interested to buy. Where are you located?

Thank you

Hello,

As you can see the price is very good. I can ship the bike to you and you will pay C.O.D (CASH ON DELIVERY) the reason that I selling the bike at this price is because right now I am in Switzerland. I will be responsible for the shipping cost. I was in USA and bought the bike from USA and I took the bike with me in Switzerland. Now the bike is here in my garage in Switzerland. Here to register a bike from outside of Europe cost too much. Now, I can't come to USA to sell the bike because I'll spend much money and lose more time, my only chance to sell this bike is to find a buyer from U.S. or from other country. I can send the bike to your location. Shipping will take approximately 10 working days, after you receive the bike you have another two days to inspect. When the inspection period ends, the shipping company will contact you and if there are any issues with the bike you can refuse it . If all is good, I'm sure it will be, they will help you with the transfer of ownership. If you are interested to buy write me back with your shipping information (full name, full address and a phone number).
You won't find another bike in such condition.

Thanks

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#207257 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:14 pm
Received: by 10.194.249.70 with SMTP id ys6csp71280wjc;
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 04:56:36 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.182.191.7 with SMTP id gu7mr19507034obc.14.1403524595322;
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 04:56:35 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail-oa0-f66.google.com (mail-oa0-f66.google.com [209.85.219.66])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id rs4si21375600obb.60.2014.06.23.04.56.34
for <xxxxxxxxx>
(version=TLSv1 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 04:56:35 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 209.85.219.66 as permitted sender) client-ip=209.85.219.66;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 209.85.219.66 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: by mail-oa0-f66.google.com with SMTP id eb12so2877600oac.1
for <xxxxxxxx>; Mon, 23 Jun 2014 04:56:34 -0700 (PDT)
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=1e100.net; s=20130820;
h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:content-type;
bh=jbv4hYP2MxRw8zIT/PWOJNg8f7xpL1B7TXVtVuL+JFE=;
b=VDTBIaTC2uv8BoAAkT7aY31Lo33eskFda91tId6NT1mKEoDFHckKM+bgUSdZ0OznuJ
NYAaNaCsnEjBYE9z6RYjnFapyXmj5omhKqcbxWbpID1TCvWTglLWXfweDeOAH3flN4Tr
J/8JDyARckclLTaSZiyuai7nHaPUTa8KQ73m8H+VdmP3Vy8HK2oi0iyXUN2GpGVkZOfE
+IfQlgjJUDpbxESUwNKtmqlJn7iFo1nc7BhaTcdPqQp0v6Bsvbq68iT3vcDAZCXka6N/
rrzrni1xU94Ygv+KqxfpQMukc2TpR9vT+DxuGdOZ4gOjjBi8L+dhZ7ITO1O/zYLBpI1L
27WA==
X-Gm-Message-State: ALoCoQk/xttox9fHQx5dDS4UkfOy7BnrbXaiQ2Y6vjFn732jcrKBITiNvJf2B2pMZAee1IrImLEY
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.60.141.67 with SMTP id rm3mr1709016oeb.78.1403524594537;
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 04:56:34 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.202.176.212 with HTTP; Mon, 23 Jun 2014 04:56:34 -0700 (PDT)
X-Originating-IP: [213.233.104.11]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:56:34 +0100
Message-ID: <CAFdgkoZqSFOtEPS6+fD9=-w2=MGFqfd-JoCWtm2YfVP9Trzj0A@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: GMV Logistics Ltd. Transaction Number: 5733498 (Xxxxxxx) http://www.gmv-logistics.co.uk

GMV Logistics LTD
http://www.gmv-logictics.co.uk
Dear Xxxxxxxx,
We are glad to announce that you have a vehicle in stand by at GMV Logistics Ltd.
According to our policy the next step is to transfer the funds to our bank account assigned to handle your transaction via wire transfer, bank transfer services.

Transaction Number: 5733498
Item / Service Description Unit price Qty Amount
2009 BMW F-800 GS / VIN:WB102290X9ZU00968 US$ 5,700.00

1 US$ 5,700.00
Vat N/A 0 $0,00 USD
Shipping costs Paid by the Seller 1 $0,00 USD
Transaction Fees Paid by the Seller 1 $0,00 USD
Deposit value US$ 2,700.00 1 US$ 2,700.00
* The remaining value must be paid after the inspection period.
IMPORTANT: The next step is to send the payment using bank transfer services to GMV Logistics Ltd.

Account name :
M. Scaloni Services
Bank name :
Barclays Bank PLC
Sort Code :
20-92-54
I.B.A.N (International Bank Account Number):
GB47-BARC-209254-9311-0443
Swift Code :
BARCGB22
Bank Address :
WELWYN GARDEN CITY, LEICESTERSHIRE, LEICESTER LE87 2BB, England, UK
Account address :
14 Springfield Gardens, London NW9 0RS, England, UK

Other details :
Please use Express Service for a fast transfer Note: Usually, Express International bank to bank transfers may require additional taxes. Following to our terms and conditions any extra fees will be supported by the Seller.
Important :

Bank transfers must be made through IBAN ( International Bank Account Number ).
Why we need this deposit?

We have asked for a deposit to our bank account so we can be sure that you are a legit buyer. Bank transfer is the only service that has ultimate authentication of the identity of the sender of funds;
The amount you will send to our bank account will be on hold until you will decide to keep the merchandise ( vehicle );
The deposit won't be released to your seller until you will decide to keep the merchandise ( vehicle ) and at final will represent a part from the final price of the merchandise;
In case that you don't keep the vehicle the deposit will be return to you in full ( including bank taxes );

After you complete the transfer of funds we request the following details:

The scanned receipt from the bank.
Upon payment verification, we will ship the merchandise at the address you(or the seller) have provided to us.
After the vehicle is received, inspect it and receiver sign for reception we shall transfer the funds to the seller.

GMV Logistics phone number : +44-203-287-9178
E-mail : [email protected]
Note : All calls to above number will be forwarded to our office number, You will be charged at local rates, any additional forwarding rates will be supported by us.
Seller Details :

Full name :
Fritz Leuenberger
Current address :
Cuno Amietstrasse 7, Herzogenbuchsee 3360, Switzerland
Contact details :
321-445-1372
Buyer Details :

Full name :
Xxxxxxxx
Current address :
XXXXXXXXX
Contact details :
Xxxxxxxx
Shipping details :

Description of Goods :
2009 BMW F-800 GS / VIN:WB102290X9ZU00968

Deposit Value :
US$ 2,700.00
Total Value :
US$ 5,700.00
Shipping Cost :
Paid by seller
Departure from :
Zurich, Switzerland
Departure to :
Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
ETA :
10 Days ( +/- 24 hours )
Inspection status :

Interior :

( 5 stars from 5 / excellent )
Exterior :

Engine condition :

Paint :

Inspection agent :

Evan Charlto
( automotive expert )
Inspection date :

6/23/2014

#207258 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:16 pm
Xxxxxxxxxxxx,
I sent the bike in this morning.
I sent it with all papers in order for you can be able to make the title transfer.
The name of the shipping company I used to send the bike is GMV Logistics International Ltd. It's a big and a good company.
In 10 days the bike should be in USA.
I made the bill of sale that includes all the pertinent information about my vehicle and its sale price.
For the title transfer, I complete the requested information on the certificate of title.
I have completed the gray sections of the application certificate of title.
You will take it to your local DMV office.
You will need to transfer the title into your name at the DMV within 10 days.
After you transfer your name in the title send me an e-mail and confirm that.
You must handle the title transfer and registration paperwork yourself with the contract of sale and all documents I sent you. You'll need to fill out an application for title and registration and take it in person to your local DMV office.
You might also be required to pay a use tax 29 usd + DMV fees.
PS : See attachments, I'm very happy that we have completed the transaction, please remember to contact me after you receive the bike.
I sent you a copy of the contract of sale.

Thank you

Fritz